Auberge du Soleil Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Michelin experience and high volume.
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Napa Valley, CAApril 4, 2017
If you have ever worked in a restaurant setting, then you can understand the high levels of stress one experiences on a nightly basis. You can also understand how these stresses are different on any given night. Probably the greatest driver of self improvement for myself is forcing myself through situations that require me to adapt quickly. Restaurants are a hotbed for these types of situations. At Auberge, my job is to bring food to guests, and explain the ingredients and the preparation that went into their Michelin starred meal.
great environment, fast pace.
Liason between front staff and kitchen (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 6, 2016
I have learned how much communication is key to being successful. Being able to work in a very high pace job has taught me how to work with others to accomplish the goals of the company. Everyday provides a different situation and though it can be tough working in a high pace job. It allows me to learn and improve daily. Team work has taught me valuable lessons on being successful because everyone is different. The hardest part of the job is pleasing the kitchen and front of the house employees, bringing everyone together to be successful.
Incredible opportunity at high end resort in the prestigious Napa Valley
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, CAMarch 24, 2013
Asked by General Manager to develop Human Resources Department for his high end full service resort. I was excited to develop something on my own and bring it to life. I developed manuals, safety programs, implemented software for payroll and management tools. I was made a member of the resort directors which helped give me credibility with all employees. I interviewed new employees, counseled employees and directors, worked with struggling departments, created all personnel files. Supervised payroll clerk and bookkeeper. I loved the variety and the constant challenge that working with people brings.
Pros
i interacted with all levels of management, self directed, interacted with employees and guests, worked in a beautiful setting
Cons
guest expectations often unreasonable, challenging working with interpersonal relations within the construct of the business, i.e., race relations, position perceptions