Auburn Career Center seeks qualified candidate to serve as part-time nursing instructor in our Practical Nursing Program. The successful candidate must have proven higher education experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills; demonstrate creative leadership practices; and possess excellent management skills with a collaborative attitude.
Starting Date: ASAP
Reports to: Program Administrator, Practical Nursing Program
Work Week/Year: Daytime and/or Evening course
Qualifications: Ability to obtain Ohio Department of Education Adult Education Permit as a Nursing Instructor – Teaching Field Code – Health Occupations 070000. Two (2) years of recent clinical experience. Hold a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred and current BCLS certification and Registered Nurse (R.N.) certification with current active Ohio license required. Active Ohio R.N. license without restrictions required. Clear oral and written communication skills required; teaching experience desirable. Access to transportation allowing travel to multi-site locations required. Must be able to perform frequent bending and assist students with lifting, as needed, during clinical. A BCI/FBI background check will be conducted on all final applicants prior to being hired.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
2. Oversees assigned students’ activity in hospital or clinical settings
3. Instructs students in laboratory procedures & classroom instructional experience
4. Participates in core course academic support programs
5. Participates in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, clinical performance, behavior attendance, etc.
6. Serves on the Practical Nursing advisory committee
7. Manage an effective classroom & enforce all handbooks rules
Apply to: Application can be found at www.auburncc.org (employment). Submit completed application, letter of interest, resume, transcripts and reference letters.
The intent of this job posting is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Auburn Career Center and its staff are dedicated to providing equal education opportunities and equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender, disability or any other basis of unlawful discrimination.