Auburn University Employee Reviews

PhD student:
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 10, 2017
I have been working at Auburn University as a PhD student for more than 4 years. Auburn University provides a super friendly environment for its faculty, staff and students to work together. Auburn itself is a very safe and relatively a cheap place to live and raise a family. My overall rating is 4.4 out of 5.
Pros
Nice Fall, Winter, and Spring; Low cost of living; Friendly atmosphere in/out of campous, very safe place to live
Cons
High tuition and fees; Hidden costs; Hot summer.
Enjoyable job with the world class researchers
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 22, 2016
As a graduate teaching assistant(GTA), my job is to conduct laboratory classes, grading lab exercise sheets and help professors in class work activities. I am also a master's student of consumer and design sciences. Generally, I have a busy day with my lab activities. personal classes and research work. I found my graduates-mates very helpful. The working environment is very charming and I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
lower remuneration
Cons
Healthcare
Intriguing Work
Veterinary Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 2, 2017
I loved my externship at Auburn. I learned about so many new advancements in animal science on a daily basis. The professors and staff were more than willing to explain everything and I got a lot of hands-on experience.
Pros
great teaching staff, encouraged learning
Cons
not as hands on as I wanted
Fast paced work environment with professional athletes
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 20, 2016
My internship experience with the Auburn football team was great. We regularly worked 12-14 hours per day four days out of the week, but Wednesday we would come in at 8am to clean for an hour and had the rest of the day off. Weekends were off as well. Having the chance to coach high level athletes right out of college was a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Great on the job training, exposure to high level athletes and top level coaches
Cons
unpaid internship
Manageable Work as Undergrad Student
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 30, 2017
I held a part-time position as a Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for a biology lab. The hours I chose were flexible and worked with my schedule. I enjoyed meeting the student and Graduate students while working for the lab.
Great University with great people.
Senior Design (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALDecember 28, 2016
As a mechanical engineering major, I learned stress analysis, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and system dynamics & controls, among many other mechanical engineering areas.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Not easy, you must be committed to do well in class
Auburn Uniersity
Ralph Draughon Library Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 12, 2016
Good place to work, typical day includes helping patrons with various needs. I learned communication and people skills. the management is great and I have built great relationships with other student works that love what they do.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 17, 2016
Auburn University is a challenging and rewarding place to work. A "typical day" does not exist because there is always a multitude of activities going on and things to learn each and every day. Working at Auburn taught me the importance of time management and relationships in the workplace. I would work for Auburn again in a heartbeat.
Beautiful college town with various extracurricular opportunities for your major
Writer, The Plainsman (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 21, 2016
My experience in working as a writer for the Auburn student newspaper prepared me for a career in applied journalism. I composed news articles concerning current events and public interest stories in the Auburn community on a weekly basis. I scheduled and conducted interviews with Auburn faculty, students, city council members, police officers, business owners and employees for news articles. Attending budget meetings to discuss story ideas was crucial for me because I needed to verbalize my pitches to my editors. I always researched story topics and interview sources as much as possible. I always remained in contact with interview sources to confirm the accuracy of attributed quotes. Communicated with editors and photographers to ensure a full collaberation on news stories.
Wonderful public university with good salary and great benefits.
Assistant Professor of Sociology (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 24, 2017
See Review Summary. The university is a wonderful place to work regarding salary and benefits. The specific position I held was not suitable for me personally.
Depends what kind of boss you have .
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  alabamaSeptember 26, 2016
Good experience till date .Good experience till date .3 years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain optimization, business analysis and development. Acquiring data analytics and machine learning techniques for process evaluation and increasing efficiency.
Lovely and beuitiful place
Master's student (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 21, 2016
Auburn university is located in "the loveliest village " on the plains of Alabama. a beautiful place to be. the weather is good, the cost of living is comparatively low and most of all the people are good and welcoming!
Pros
beutiful environment
Cons
short break
Challenging and rewarding environment
Communication and Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 27, 2016
Awesome place to work
Auburn University Medical Clinic Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 30, 2016
I worked with Auburn Athletics for almost 7 years. I enjoyed my time there, and if they ever offered me a position to come, I would take the offer in a heartbeat.
Great, family environment for students and employees
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 21, 2017
Working with supervisors was very pleasant. I learned alot about leadership and treating one-another like a family/team.
Typical mall job
Student Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 18, 2017
Great management, coworkers were nice. It was a typical mall job, i gained a lot of experiences dealing with different types of people.
Great start for videographers!
VIDEOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 9, 2016
Auburn University's College of Engineering was a great place to develop as a videographer. I learned a lot about audio equipment, camera placement, and technical direction.
Pros
Pay increase every semester
Great Place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 12, 2016
Great place to work. Most people are very friendly. Learned a lot at Auburn, not just as a student but as an employee. Highly recommended for employment
Excellent place to work
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Department of GeosciencesJune 20, 2016
Loved the professor I worked for, loved the opportunities that I had. I disliked biweekly pay though.

Typical day was meeting my professor to discuss what I had already worked on, and what to work on next.

I didn't have any coworkers.

I disliked the lack of structure in the job.
Excellent place to work as a student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 19, 2016
Very flexible with hours and understanding of tests and other priorities. Working on your college campus give you not only a job, but valuable work experience in seeing how a successful university functions.
Pros
Flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auburn University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5