Auburn University Employee Reviews

Job Share
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 7, 2017
Great setting for job share. Beautiful Offices. Great technology for observing therapy sessions. Followed the university's schedule. Interesting clients and undergraduate students.
Pros
Good location excellent coworkers.
Cons
Strict 8 am to 5 pm
Valuable research being done with great people
Wildlife Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 4, 2017
Turkey research is fun and challenging.
Long days in the field are inevitable.
Patience is a virtue when dealing with wild turkeys.
Persistence and consistency is a must.
balanced day
Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 22, 2017
Typical day includes teaching students at various hospitals. Much of my job is autonomous and self directed. No issues with management or duties.
There is very little travel, except for the hospital where the students will have their clinicals
Pros
Wonderful freedom for creativity and self direction
Cons
difficult to advance
Research Assitant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 19, 2017
I assisted with whatever projects the grad students and my professors came up with. It tended to be the grunt work, but I was compensated fairly and the work was helpful to get experience in my field.
I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 18, 2017
It's a university, so it's all about learning while you work and working while you learn. I worked some on campus, but also many days in Georgia and six months in Gulf Shores. I enjoyed every part of working there.
Pros
lots of things to do
Cons
pay wasn't that high, but i got by alright
Learning and innovative atmosphere
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 18, 2017
As a student here, I learned a lot of new things. Auburn University has changed my life and I would recommend as many people as I can to this university.
Balanced and friendly
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 17, 2017
It is relatively easy for a graduate student to find a job and get the tuition waiver. Recommend students who pursue a Master degree in computer science with a low budget.
Great experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 10, 2017
Very supportive professors, great learning experience, beautiful campus, people are very polite. Helpful and caring. Lots of stuff to do. Overall a great environment
Office Manager
Lead Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, ALSeptember 18, 2017
Day to day routine working with students and professors of all cultures. Record handling with confidentiality.

Managed all of the office task including but not limited to payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, maintenance and correspondence with campus facilities and outside vendors. Project manager of relocation and renovations for the department.

Direct contact assisting professors and students in building courses and registering for courses. Posted grades and dealt with student issues.

My office worked as a team to better assist campus as a whole which include parents, students and professors. We pride our self in being the office to go to for answers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay is not up to date for those who have been there for years
Not bad for a contract job.
Visiting Asst. Professor, Department of History (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 7, 2017
Auburn was a lovely little college town. Had I had the chance to stay on I would have done so. The terms of the job, however, preluded that outcome, so I departed.
Pros
Compensation and colleagues
Cons
Job perameters
Productive and fun place to work or attend school
Mechanical Engineering Senior Design Project (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 5, 2017
Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help in whatever way that they can. The learning environment is very productive and the general atmosphere of the town and school is like no where else on Earth.
Nice place to Work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Civil Engineering BuildingSeptember 4, 2017
Nice place to work however after a few years growth is no longer present. The culture is relaxed and competitve, however a few pointers think carefully before you start a Masters Degree especially if you are an international student.
Deligated to producing high quality work
Work Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 30, 2017
It was a great place to work for the most. I loved my job because it was helping and servicing others. Work Management was the central point for most of the University functions, it all started with the work order department. It was busy and could be frustrating at times but I learned to balance the work out and teamwork.

The management was also good for the most. I worked for some very good managers.
Pros
has great benefits
Cons
hard to advance
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 29, 2017
Very happy experience, very helpful colleagues and very friendly people.
Good infrastructure, lots of research options, great professors and awesome football games.

War Eagle!
Pros
Auburn is a small town
Cons
not much stuff to do around
nice place to finish your degree
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 27, 2017
Auburn is a very nice place to finish your PhD degree with very low cost in housing and living. The weather is very comfortable there. The university is very suitable for study.
Great Place to Work andf Take Classes
Nutrition Data Entry Clerk (part time) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 10, 2017
Auburn University has an excellent campus full of lots of greenery. It is very walkable and perfect for anyone not wanting to live in a huge city. The campus is filled with multiple dining facilities, and their is a wide-selection of food. The population is very nice and is very accepting of international students. Working here is very nice and people are very supportive. I would strongly encourage people to come visit the campus and seeing Auburn for what it is.
Very laid back atmosphere
Game Room Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 9, 2017
The job was only accessible to students so they did their best to work around the class schedule we were given. They allowed us to work on homework as long as it didn't interfere with our job.
chemistry graduate student-work work work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 8, 2017
If you do not have funding or a paid research project, then you will NEED to teach, do your own research, and take classes without getting a side job.
Productive and fun workplace
PROPERTY AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 1, 2017
The absolute best job in the whole wide world. Working for Auburn University was beyond the best. I chose to leave the workforce and begin my family and that is why I no longer work here. I would love to work back at Auburn University one day.
County Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALJuly 23, 2017
Great place to work, with benefits. 401k , educational opportunities and advancement .Chance to improve the lives of clients by the use of research base information. Communities working together for the good of all people,
Pros
Payed leave, & holidays
Cons
Long hours & travel