Auburn University

Auburn University Employee Reviews

Student worker
Lead student worker (Former Employee), Auburn, ALAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great environment for students
Work study with administrative staff. Uploading and filing paperwork for departmental intranet. Also made runs for staff delivering mail, budgets, and contracts.
cool job to have
Men's Basketball Manager (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free travel, food, and access to the university
It was a great job to have, but the coaching staff at the time was very self centered. The coaching staff had receive their first "big pay day" and it altered their ego.
Great School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 6, 2015
I worked for the University and the only bad thing about working for Auburn was my position was renewed each semester. (three times a year). The job security was an issue.
Amazing College Town
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJune 25, 2015
Auburn is a really nice town with a lot of nice people. It doesn't take long for anyone to fall in love with the place. Auburn University is a great place to work because of wonderful people and the environment.
productive and fun work place with nice people
Ph. D. Researcher (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJune 2, 2015
My work is to design experiments according to the aim of a project, and solve problems met in the experiments.With the project going on write technical reports, paper, and give presentations to reveal my findings. I enjoy work and live in Auburn, the professors and colleges are friendly and helpful. Football become my favorite sport here.
Productive and excellent work environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with faculty and staff at AUM. This experience advanced my knowledge and ability to conduct major research requirements and maintained professionalism.
Great benefits and vacation time
Assistant II, Financial-Central (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits and vacations
Cons: Some of the people you work for.
It is a great place to work. The hours are great and the benefits a wonderful. I liked it there until I got seriously sick last year. No one explained FMLA rules with me. They weren't very understanding about how sick I really was. But I learned a lot from working there and if you get in the right department you can be very happy.
Hard to find a better life-work balance!
Professor (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great small-town environment! Great faculty!
Cons: None!
Auburn affords a fantastic life-work balance for its faculty. In 15 years on the faculty, I've had the pleasure of working with world-class colleagues that I respect as professionals and truly enjoy as people.
I love Auburn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 1, 2015
I love working with my professors. Auburn faculty aways cares about their students. It is like my second home. I recommend everyone come here and say war eagle to everyone
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), AuburnApril 28, 2015
Research was challenging and my mentor was very helpful.There was a work and study balance and I am working on a paper now.
Creative Firm
Campus Architect (Current Employee), Auburn, ALApril 16, 2015
Great leadership that fosters creativity and learning while allowing team to be a part of unique projects for great clients.
Productive and easy going work
GTA (Current Employee), Auburn, ALApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good payment for a GTA program
Cons: lack of jobs after the GTA program is finished
Working at Auburn university has been an excellent experience. The environment is perfect for new teachers and they are always willing to help with anything you need.

A normal day at work involves tutoring the students during the office hours, then teach a class for 50 minutes.

The co-workers provide with help at anytime, since most of us are classmates on the Master's program.

The hardest part of the job is the absence of grammar teaching in the class. The students are supposed to do that on their own, and sometimes it implies that they do not know how structures work.

The most rewarding part of the job, and what makes me want to be a teacher is the feeling I get when something hard that needs to be explained is understood by the students. That's the beauty of this job.
Customer centered and technical growth
Assistant Director of University Scholarships (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting and developing new relationships. Technical responsibilities.
Cons: Required extensive travel.
• Supervise daily professional, administrative, temporary, and student staff.
• Oversee all technical functions in the office and trouble shoot as needed..
• Maintain and review Donor budgets.
• Awarding, canceling, disbursement, and reporting of funds for Donor funded university scholarships.
• Create and update rules, reports, and Population Selection in Banner.
• Oversee the administration of scholarship publications, website development, event planning, and all staff training.
• Coordinate the participation of the Office of University Scholarships at internal and external function.
• Met with parents/students daily and presented scholarship information to 300+ parent/students monthly.
Good research group
PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMarch 10, 2015
Pros: grad student life
Cons: grad student life
Good research group. My professor creates an environment where the student can put his point of view for the research.
Best part of this research group is you get outdoors in the name of field trips
Inducive environment for learning
Research Assistant- Part-Time (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMarch 7, 2015
Working within the Biosystems Department has provided great learning opportunity. Being part of cutting edge research in gasification has diversified my experience while giving an appreciation for experimental processes.
Students work with real clients and communities
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMarch 6, 2015
MLA program at Auburn University have twelve hours of studio per week. This gives them plenty of time to develop skills, to work creatively, and to have meaningful sessions with professors.
Very Growth Oriented Work Place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 21, 2015
Auburn University is very research-oriented, and growth-oriented organization. My adviser always promotes individualism in work. All the professors I took class are also very supportive.
Working at Auburn University at the Student Union Building gave me the knowledge and experience to become a better Building Specialist.
Building Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: our bosses would take us to lunch on them, as well as fun acitivies such as bowling.
A typical day at work would always consist of following the schedule showing the rooms set up for different meetings for the day. Once the rooms were set up, then you would go to your assigned area to begin your daily duties.
I have learned to manage my time in a timely manner to make sure all my work is done at the the end of the day.
I could not have had a better management team if I had picked them myself.
My co-workers were always there to pitch in and help, if help was needed.
The hardest part of the job was setting up tables an chairs for over 300 guest.
The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work and working with people who also like being on the job. I also enjoyed going to seminars and learning different technique to make my job better.
Conducive studying environment and helpful Faculty
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Auburn University has been welcoming to us International Students and provided us with the state of the art facilities in terms of classrooms, labs and other facilities. The faculty is very efficient in their work and helpful in clearing out problems and making sure the student is not felt unattended to. The research at Auburn University is fascinating and intriguing. I am glad to be studying in such a premier institute.
A challenging, but plausible and full of opportunities workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Being in charge of the experimental side of the research, I work coordination with the chemistry department in preparing the research samples. Each sample takes 1 to 3 hours to be ready depending on the method of preparation and solidification.
Then, I would run several tests to measure thermal conductivity of the samples among other properties.
I do have two co-workers, a chemistry student and a mechanical engineering student who is responsible of the computational side of the research.
Meetings are held every three weeks, with a quarterly progress meeting every 3 months. Presentation lasts from 30 to 45 minutes each.
The hardest part about the job is the research part of it, since the introduction of nano-particles into PCM for energy storage is a new idea.