Auburn University Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging and rewarding environment
Communication and Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 27, 2016
Auburn University is a challenging and rewarding place to work. A "typical day" does not exist because there is always a multitude of activities going on and things to learn each and every day. Working at Auburn taught me the importance of time management and relationships in the workplace. I would work for Auburn again in a heartbeat.
Excellent place to work
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Department of GeosciencesJune 20, 2016
Loved the professor I worked for, loved the opportunities that I had. I disliked biweekly pay though.

Typical day was meeting my professor to discuss what I had already worked on, and what to work on next.

I didn't have any coworkers.

I disliked the lack of structure in the job.
Learned alot while working at Auburn University
Business Office - Payroll/Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, AlFebruary 20, 2016
Payroll - worked with a partner to do payroll for monthly salaried employees. This involved communication with employees and department heads regarding everything from salary to insurance and other benefits.

Facilities - did monthly payables which included reconciling monthly statements with invoices. In communication with Facilities department heads and vendors on a regular basis. Pay bills in a timely fashion.
Pros
Learned alot at the University
Cons
Little chance of advancement
Excellent place to work as a student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 19, 2016
Very flexible with hours and understanding of tests and other priorities. Working on your college campus give you not only a job, but valuable work experience in seeing how a successful university functions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great Environment
Visiting/Research scholar/Special assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 23, 2016
Great Environment. If you like South and Football, this place is for you. Good benefits for Auburn University Employees< including insurance, discount for spouses and children on tuition. After one year you are eligible to study for free up to 5 credits.
Graduate teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 20, 2015
I worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for Finite element Analysis, Where I prepared lectures and handled 20 students in lab. I guided them in both analytical and experimental procedures of how finite element works. Demonstrations and proper implementation of Static Linear, Nonlinear and Eigen buckling was performed in ANSYS. Frequent Interaction with my students made me to gain knowledge and strengthen my technical skills.
Outstanding reputation for engineering majors
Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 19, 2016
Auburn has a respected school of engineering and offers a variety of appropriate and challenging classes. I took several Advanced Placement classes in high school and started with more than a semester of credit.
very productive
Audio/ camera engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 10, 2016
using such advanced equipment, i learned a great deal on how to use the machines. i was also able to help other students pursue their degree in an easier fashion. it was a great work environment.
Pros
learning how to operate advanced equipment
Cons
not enough hours
Auburn University
MANAGER OF PROCESS ENGINEERING LABORATORIES (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 14, 2015
Overall good employer. Job was very diverse and challenging but there was no room for advancement. I was not in a 'track' which caused unique problems in dealing with Human Resources and Employee Benefits office.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits, balance of 'hands-on' and desk work
Cons
Isolated in my position; not much collegiality.
Great place to work for students
Class Checker (Former Employee) –  SADCMay 31, 2016
They worked well with my schedule and accommodations were great when I broke my foot. Most enjoyable part was being able to work in my free time.
Very warm and open experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 30, 2016
At Auburn, as a cashier for the Scientific Supply Store, I learned how to effectively use a register and card machine and how to input data through Microsoft Excel.
Great Place for Experience
Athletics Intern - Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 6, 2016
My time at Auburn University working with the strength and conditioning coaching staff exposed me to a leadership skills, program design, team building activities, and proper assessment in handling any situation concerning training and exercise.
Great workplace with cool equipments
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 15, 2016
Working in Auburn University is really enjoyable. We have a really cool shop to let us doing some really models include wood table, steel chair, or 3D print stuff.
Good research univeristy
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 18, 2016
Good research university, Provides all the facilities to build your knowledge. There are god Reputed professors to guide.
Great place to work with competent employees
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, ALJuly 6, 2016
Loved working here. Everyone is very professional and friendly. Not a stressful work environment. Would recommend.
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 13, 2016
Very Good. I love the atmosphere here. The work ethics are great.
I am just a student doing part time GTA job. But I still like it.

Auburn rocks. War Eagle.
Challenging
Student-Aide (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 31, 2016
The job is fast paced and requires a lot of multi tasking. It is all doable, and at the end of the job a person will feel accomplished
Administrative Support Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 22, 2015
I worked at Auburn University for 26+ years. I started as a cashier and worked my way up through the ranks. I retired after 26 years of employment with Auburn University. I enjoyed working there, my co workers was awesome!
Pros
I looked forward to spending the 2 weeks of paid vacation off during the holidays with my family!
Cons
The pay was ok, but could have been way better.. I think
productive and fun work place with nice people
Ph. D. Researcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 2, 2015
My work is to design experiments according to the aim of a project, and solve problems met in the experiments.With the project going on write technical reports, paper, and give presentations to reveal my findings. I enjoy work and live in Auburn, the professors and colleges are friendly and helpful. Football become my favorite sport here.
Great benefits and vacation time
Assistant II, Financial-Central (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 20, 2015
It is a great place to work. The hours are great and the benefits a wonderful. I liked it there until I got seriously sick last year. No one explained FMLA rules with me. They weren't very understanding about how sick I really was. But I learned a lot from working there and if you get in the right department you can be very happy.
Pros
Benefits and vacations
Cons
Some of the people you work for.

4.5