Auburn University Employee Reviews

Fun, funny, but a bit gassy
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 21, 2017
Working with cows all day can take it's toll on your oldfactory senses! They are big babies and love to be milked, scratched, and fed! The work is manual and routine, once you get it you really have the opportunity to learn a lot! The manager I worked for was incredibly intelligent if not a little intense sometimes! Lol you work as a team of two or three people, side by side with vet students and doctor some days!
Pros
Cows!
Cons
Smell!
It was exciting
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 17, 2017
I always looked forward to going to work, it was very flexible and student friendly environment.
I work with my professor to prepare notes for the class and also class activities in the class.
Helped students to learn in a more amiable setting and helped students with any questions they had.
Hardest part of the job was to make sure that the students were understanding everything, and the enjoyable part is when we know we are doing a good job at teaching students.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, wasn't a true employee
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 17, 2017
Attending graduate school you either get your tuition covered and stipend by being a research assistant or graduate teaching assistant. So a GTA teaches lab for the geoscience department but also needs to complete a thesis. So a GTA teaches and has to do research to receive the tuition waiver and stipend. Get ready to answer a lot of emails from students and spend a lot of time your first-semester teaching making your lecture power points. Clear guidelines are not set for how to teach and what to teach, although there is a lab manual that guides most of what you do. It was OK, but clearly the system hadn't been changed in decades.
great school
Auburn Supply Chain Management Association, Member (Former Employee) –  auburn, alMarch 28, 2017
Cant ask for a better university. Quiet little town with a big university. Top notch facilities. Plenty to do for anyone in town and always a sporting event going on.
Overall
Public Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed my experience here at Auburn University, the staff is friendly and professional, and the opportunity is "through the roof", I highly recommend to anyone seeking a public relations job at the Office of Accessibility to consider Auburn in the future. I am relocating for other reasons that have nothing to do with my job.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 20, 2017
• Leading & teaching an Intro to Industrial Engineering lab to 40 Freshman engineering students
• Designed a lab each week using Safety & LEAN Engr, OSHA standards, Six Sigma, & introducing Ergonomics
Flexible work-schedule, friendly co-workers, easy work
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 11, 2017
A typical day at work includes helping students answer questions related to their assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills while helping others. Through this job I have been able to expand my social skills. The workplace is very casual, yet professional.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fun to work in an american workplace
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 8, 2017
My job is to assist graduate students regarding their payroll, manage mail and other event arrangements that will be held in mechanical engineering department. I loved the workplace culture and since it mostly deals with physical work, I did not find any difficulties in my job. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers are so friendly and supportive at any time.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Outstanding university
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 4, 2017
Great study environment. People are extremely friendly. Research ability is average. Excellent college football culture.
A good place to work where you will make a lot of lifelong friends
Research Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 1, 2017
This was the best job I ever had, I made a lot friends, and I had the best boss ever. The hardest part of the job was when I had to leave it.
So friendly, productive learning environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 21, 2017
Great place to work -- very friendly people and welcoming environment. Professors are very knowledgeable and have interesting research. Very enjoyable work environment.
Postdoctoral Research and Extension Fellow (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to study and work. Auburn has taught me many things in life. The Auburn Tigers has the can do spirit. Many great men and women of repute have been trained in this University and I am happy that I attended this great University.
Pros
Interaction of facuulty and students great
Flexible and Friendly
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn Campus Rec and WellnessFebruary 16, 2017
I really enjoy working with the marketing team at Auburn Rec and Wellness Center because I am doing something that I like and am passionate about. Not only that, but my coworkers are so willing to help and brainstorm to come with creative ideas daily.
Pros
Flexibility, friendly environment
Intriguing Work
Veterinary Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 2, 2017
I loved my externship at Auburn. I learned about so many new advancements in animal science on a daily basis. The professors and staff were more than willing to explain everything and I got a lot of hands-on experience.
Pros
great teaching staff, encouraged learning
Cons
not as hands on as I wanted
Manageable Work as Undergrad Student
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 30, 2017
I held a part-time position as a Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for a biology lab. The hours I chose were flexible and worked with my schedule. I enjoyed meeting the student and Graduate students while working for the lab.
Wonderful public university with good salary and great benefits.
Assistant Professor of Sociology (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 24, 2017
See Review Summary. The university is a wonderful place to work regarding salary and benefits. The specific position I held was not suitable for me personally.
Great, family environment for students and employees
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 21, 2017
Working with supervisors was very pleasant. I learned alot about leadership and treating one-another like a family/team.
Typical mall job
Student Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 18, 2017
Great management, coworkers were nice. It was a typical mall job, i gained a lot of experiences dealing with different types of people.
PhD student:
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 10, 2017
I have been working at Auburn University as a PhD student for more than 4 years. Auburn University provides a super friendly environment for its faculty, staff and students to work together. Auburn itself is a very safe and relatively a cheap place to live and raise a family. My overall rating is 4.4 out of 5.
Pros
Nice Fall, Winter, and Spring; Low cost of living; Friendly atmosphere in/out of campous, very safe place to live
Cons
High tuition and fees; Hidden costs; Hot summer.
Great University with great people.
Senior Design (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALDecember 28, 2016
As a mechanical engineering major, I learned stress analysis, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and system dynamics & controls, among many other mechanical engineering areas.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Not easy, you must be committed to do well in class

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auburn University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6