Auburn University Employee Reviews in United States

Very warm and open experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 30, 2016
At Auburn, as a cashier for the Scientific Supply Store, I learned how to effectively use a register and card machine and how to input data through Microsoft Excel.
Great Environment
Visiting/Research scholar/Special assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 23, 2016
Great Environment. If you like South and Football, this place is for you. Good benefits for Auburn University Employees< including insurance, discount for spouses and children on tuition. After one year you are eligible to study for free up to 5 credits.
Outstanding reputation for engineering majors
Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 19, 2016
Auburn has a respected school of engineering and offers a variety of appropriate and challenging classes. I took several Advanced Placement classes in high school and started with more than a semester of credit.
Great workplace with cool equipments
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 15, 2016
Working in Auburn University is really enjoyable. We have a really cool shop to let us doing some really models include wood table, steel chair, or 3D print stuff.
Learned alot while working at Auburn University
Business Office - Payroll/Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, AlFebruary 20, 2016
Payroll - worked with a partner to do payroll for monthly salaried employees. This involved communication with employees and department heads regarding everything from salary to insurance and other benefits.

Facilities - did monthly payables which included reconciling monthly statements with invoices. In communication with Facilities department heads and vendors on a regular basis. Pay bills in a timely fashion.
Pros
Learned alot at the University
Cons
Little chance of advancement
very productive
Audio/ camera engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 10, 2016
using such advanced equipment, i learned a great deal on how to use the machines. i was also able to help other students pursue their degree in an easier fashion. it was a great work environment.
Pros
learning how to operate advanced equipment
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place for Experience
Athletics Intern - Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 6, 2016
My time at Auburn University working with the strength and conditioning coaching staff exposed me to a leadership skills, program design, team building activities, and proper assessment in handling any situation concerning training and exercise.
Graduate teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 20, 2015
I worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for Finite element Analysis, Where I prepared lectures and handled 20 students in lab. I guided them in both analytical and experimental procedures of how finite element works. Demonstrations and proper implementation of Static Linear, Nonlinear and Eigen buckling was performed in ANSYS. Frequent Interaction with my students made me to gain knowledge and strengthen my technical skills.
Auburn University
MANAGER OF PROCESS ENGINEERING LABORATORIES (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 14, 2015
Overall good employer. Job was very diverse and challenging but there was no room for advancement. I was not in a 'track' which caused unique problems in dealing with Human Resources and Employee Benefits office.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits, balance of 'hands-on' and desk work
Cons
Isolated in my position; not much collegiality.
Administrative Support Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 22, 2015
I worked at Auburn University for 26+ years. I started as a cashier and worked my way up through the ranks. I retired after 26 years of employment with Auburn University. I enjoyed working there, my co workers was awesome!
Pros
I looked forward to spending the 2 weeks of paid vacation off during the holidays with my family!
Cons
The pay was ok, but could have been way better.. I think
Student worker
Lead student worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 5, 2015
Work study with administrative staff. Uploading and filing paperwork for departmental intranet. Also made runs for staff delivering mail, budgets, and contracts.
Pros
Great environment for students
cool job to have
Men's Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 23, 2015
It was a great job to have, but the coaching staff at the time was very self centered. The coaching staff had receive their first "big pay day" and it altered their ego.
Pros
free travel, food, and access to the university
Great School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 6, 2015
I worked for the University and the only bad thing about working for Auburn was my position was renewed each semester. (three times a year). The job security was an issue.
Amazing College Town
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 25, 2015
Auburn is a really nice town with a lot of nice people. It doesn't take long for anyone to fall in love with the place. Auburn University is a great place to work because of wonderful people and the environment.
productive and fun work place with nice people
Ph. D. Researcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 2, 2015
My work is to design experiments according to the aim of a project, and solve problems met in the experiments.With the project going on write technical reports, paper, and give presentations to reveal my findings. I enjoy work and live in Auburn, the professors and colleges are friendly and helpful. Football become my favorite sport here.
Productive and excellent work environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with faculty and staff at AUM. This experience advanced my knowledge and ability to conduct major research requirements and maintained professionalism.
Great benefits and vacation time
Assistant II, Financial-Central (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 20, 2015
It is a great place to work. The hours are great and the benefits a wonderful. I liked it there until I got seriously sick last year. No one explained FMLA rules with me. They weren't very understanding about how sick I really was. But I learned a lot from working there and if you get in the right department you can be very happy.
Pros
Benefits and vacations
Cons
Some of the people you work for.
Hard to find a better life-work balance!
Professor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 8, 2015
Auburn affords a fantastic life-work balance for its faculty. In 15 years on the faculty, I've had the pleasure of working with world-class colleagues that I respect as professionals and truly enjoy as people.
Pros
Great small-town environment! Great faculty!
Cons
None!
I love Auburn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 1, 2015
I love working with my professors. Auburn faculty aways cares about their students. It is like my second home. I recommend everyone come here and say war eagle to everyone
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  AuburnApril 28, 2015
Research was challenging and my mentor was very helpful.There was a work and study balance and I am working on a paper now.

4.5