Auburn University Employee Reviews in United States

Learned alot while working at Auburn University
Business Office - Payroll/Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, AlFebruary 20, 2016
Payroll - worked with a partner to do payroll for monthly salaried employees. This involved communication with employees and department heads regarding everything from salary to insurance and other benefits.

Facilities - did monthly payables which included reconciling monthly statements with invoices. In communication with Facilities department heads and vendors on a regular basis. Pay bills in a timely fashion.
Pros
Learned alot at the University
Cons
Little chance of advancement
Great Environment
Visiting/Research scholar/Special assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 23, 2016
Great Environment. If you like South and Football, this place is for you. Good benefits for Auburn University Employees< including insurance, discount for spouses and children on tuition. After one year you are eligible to study for free up to 5 credits.
Auburn University
MANAGER OF PROCESS ENGINEERING LABORATORIES (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 14, 2015
Overall good employer. Job was very diverse and challenging but there was no room for advancement. I was not in a 'track' which caused unique problems in dealing with Human Resources and Employee Benefits office.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits, balance of 'hands-on' and desk work
Cons
Isolated in my position; not much collegiality.
Great benefits and vacation time
Assistant II, Financial-Central (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 20, 2015
It is a great place to work. The hours are great and the benefits a wonderful. I liked it there until I got seriously sick last year. No one explained FMLA rules with me. They weren't very understanding about how sick I really was. But I learned a lot from working there and if you get in the right department you can be very happy.
Pros
Benefits and vacations
Cons
Some of the people you work for.
Graduate teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 20, 2015
I worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for Finite element Analysis, Where I prepared lectures and handled 20 students in lab. I guided them in both analytical and experimental procedures of how finite element works. Demonstrations and proper implementation of Static Linear, Nonlinear and Eigen buckling was performed in ANSYS. Frequent Interaction with my students made me to gain knowledge and strengthen my technical skills.
Excellent place to work as a student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 19, 2016
Very flexible with hours and understanding of tests and other priorities. Working on your college campus give you not only a job, but valuable work experience in seeing how a successful university functions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Outstanding reputation for engineering majors
Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 19, 2016
Auburn has a respected school of engineering and offers a variety of appropriate and challenging classes. I took several Advanced Placement classes in high school and started with more than a semester of credit.
very productive
Audio/ camera engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 10, 2016
using such advanced equipment, i learned a great deal on how to use the machines. i was also able to help other students pursue their degree in an easier fashion. it was a great work environment.
Pros
learning how to operate advanced equipment
Cons
not enough hours
Very warm and open experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 30, 2016
At Auburn, as a cashier for the Scientific Supply Store, I learned how to effectively use a register and card machine and how to input data through Microsoft Excel.
Great workplace with cool equipments
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 15, 2016
Working in Auburn University is really enjoyable. We have a really cool shop to let us doing some really models include wood table, steel chair, or 3D print stuff.
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 13, 2016
Very Good. I love the atmosphere here. The work ethics are great.
I am just a student doing part time GTA job. But I still like it.

Auburn rocks. War Eagle.
Great Place for Experience
Athletics Intern - Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 6, 2016
My time at Auburn University working with the strength and conditioning coaching staff exposed me to a leadership skills, program design, team building activities, and proper assessment in handling any situation concerning training and exercise.
Secure, Flexible student job
OIT Helpdesk Consultant - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 5, 2012
On campus Student/Faculty IT support is the ideal student job. The work takes skill, and the student employees are better compensated the more experience they gain (regular raises). The job is very flexible, adjusting easily with the somewhat unpredictable college schedule. Job security is top notch. This does, however, lead to decreased accountability across the board. The full time employees are not very reliable.
Pros
challenging work, flexible schedule, excellent pay (for a student hourly worker)
Cons
very low accountability, zero incentive structure, poor management.
Administrative Support Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 22, 2015
I worked at Auburn University for 26+ years. I started as a cashier and worked my way up through the ranks. I retired after 26 years of employment with Auburn University. I enjoyed working there, my co workers was awesome!
Pros
I looked forward to spending the 2 weeks of paid vacation off during the holidays with my family!
Cons
The pay was ok, but could have been way better.. I think
Awesome environment, great for families
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 11, 2013
AU is a great school with the average amount of politics and issues. what makes it fantastic is its location. it truly is 'the loveliest village on the plain'. the people are friendly, the schools are excellent and its a great location to raise a family. as for work, it was good, the learning was not as challenging as I would have liked and there's not much career advancement here unless you have a PhD (it is a university town).
Pros
great people, great for families
Cons
town itself can be a bit boring- great for families, bad for singles
Great area for retirement
LEAD PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 3, 2014
Auburn University is a great place to work depending on what department you are placed within. All jobs have pros and cons, but I hold high respect for those that have a position of leadership and can lead fellow co-workers as well as stand up for their team when needed. I don't feel as though I have that here currently.. I love my job and my co-workers are a pleasure to work with. I currently work with the student population, servicing their pharmacy needs. I enjoy being the mother figure to most of the students away from home and family when they are not feeling their best. As being a lead technician, my day is always full of continual paperwork, filling prescriptions, assisting the pharmacist and teaching pharmacy students the daily operations within a pharmacy before graduating.
Pros
benefits, work environment, and 2 week paid christmas break.
Cons
having someone that believes in your work capablities and standing up for what is right and wrong.
Graduate Student Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 23, 2012
The only way to get this job is to be a grad student who qualifies for a stipend. I taught 3 classes a week (on Friday). I prepared lectures and tests. It's a great way to develop public speaking abilities and to further your knowledge on the subject. However combining this workload with your graduate studies can be a pain sometimes.
Pros
good support, great learning experience
Cons
balancing teaching with studies, no benefits
Enjoyable atmosphere.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 22, 2013
Willingness to work around your schedule and a light management touch made the job enjoyable.

Not much chance for "advancement" and "compensation" for a graduate teaching assistant as it is a part-time position.
I did a research project on mosquitoes
Reasearch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 28, 2013
I did a research project on mosquitos that I already documented in the part that said "articles". In addition I want to mention that we published an article in a trade journal put out by those who raised emus throughout the U.S.
If you enjoy sports, you will love being part of this Auburn Family!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 23, 2012
Auburn University Athletics Department is the best example I can find where ONLY upper management and coaches matter.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management is oblivious to the hard working employees.

4.5