Auburn University Employee Reviews in United States

Learned alot while working at Auburn University
Business Office - Payroll/Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, AlFebruary 20, 2016
Payroll - worked with a partner to do payroll for monthly salaried employees. This involved communication with employees and department heads regarding everything from salary to insurance and other benefits.

Facilities - did monthly payables which included reconciling monthly statements with invoices. In communication with Facilities department heads and vendors on a regular basis. Pay bills in a timely fashion.
Pros
Learned alot at the University
Cons
Little chance of advancement
Auburn University
MANAGER OF PROCESS ENGINEERING LABORATORIES (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 14, 2015
Overall good employer. Job was very diverse and challenging but there was no room for advancement. I was not in a 'track' which caused unique problems in dealing with Human Resources and Employee Benefits office.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits, balance of 'hands-on' and desk work
Cons
Isolated in my position; not much collegiality.
Great Environment
Visiting/Research scholar/Special assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 23, 2016
Great Environment. If you like South and Football, this place is for you. Good benefits for Auburn University Employees< including insurance, discount for spouses and children on tuition. After one year you are eligible to study for free up to 5 credits.
Excellent place to work
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Department of GeosciencesJune 20, 2016
Loved the professor I worked for, loved the opportunities that I had. I disliked biweekly pay though.

Typical day was meeting my professor to discuss what I had already worked on, and what to work on next.

I didn't have any coworkers.

I disliked the lack of structure in the job.
Excellent place to work as a student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 19, 2016
Very flexible with hours and understanding of tests and other priorities. Working on your college campus give you not only a job, but valuable work experience in seeing how a successful university functions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great place to work for students
Class Checker (Former Employee) –  SADCMay 31, 2016
They worked well with my schedule and accommodations were great when I broke my foot. Most enjoyable part was being able to work in my free time.
Good research univeristy
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 18, 2016
Good research university, Provides all the facilities to build your knowledge. There are god Reputed professors to guide.
Great place to work with competent employees
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, ALJuly 6, 2016
Loved working here. Everyone is very professional and friendly. Not a stressful work environment. Would recommend.
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 13, 2016
Very Good. I love the atmosphere here. The work ethics are great.
I am just a student doing part time GTA job. But I still like it.

Auburn rocks. War Eagle.
Outstanding reputation for engineering majors
Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 19, 2016
Auburn has a respected school of engineering and offers a variety of appropriate and challenging classes. I took several Advanced Placement classes in high school and started with more than a semester of credit.
Challenging
Student-Aide (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 31, 2016
The job is fast paced and requires a lot of multi tasking. It is all doable, and at the end of the job a person will feel accomplished
Graduate teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 20, 2015
I worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for Finite element Analysis, Where I prepared lectures and handled 20 students in lab. I guided them in both analytical and experimental procedures of how finite element works. Demonstrations and proper implementation of Static Linear, Nonlinear and Eigen buckling was performed in ANSYS. Frequent Interaction with my students made me to gain knowledge and strengthen my technical skills.
Very warm and open experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 30, 2016
At Auburn, as a cashier for the Scientific Supply Store, I learned how to effectively use a register and card machine and how to input data through Microsoft Excel.
Great workplace with cool equipments
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 15, 2016
Working in Auburn University is really enjoyable. We have a really cool shop to let us doing some really models include wood table, steel chair, or 3D print stuff.
very productive
Audio/ camera engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 10, 2016
using such advanced equipment, i learned a great deal on how to use the machines. i was also able to help other students pursue their degree in an easier fashion. it was a great work environment.
Pros
learning how to operate advanced equipment
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place for Experience
Athletics Intern - Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 6, 2016
My time at Auburn University working with the strength and conditioning coaching staff exposed me to a leadership skills, program design, team building activities, and proper assessment in handling any situation concerning training and exercise.
Secure, Flexible student job
OIT Helpdesk Consultant - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 5, 2012
On campus Student/Faculty IT support is the ideal student job. The work takes skill, and the student employees are better compensated the more experience they gain (regular raises). The job is very flexible, adjusting easily with the somewhat unpredictable college schedule. Job security is top notch. This does, however, lead to decreased accountability across the board. The full time employees are not very reliable.
Pros
challenging work, flexible schedule, excellent pay (for a student hourly worker)
Cons
very low accountability, zero incentive structure, poor management.
Awesome environment, great for families
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 11, 2013
AU is a great school with the average amount of politics and issues. what makes it fantastic is its location. it truly is 'the loveliest village on the plain'. the people are friendly, the schools are excellent and its a great location to raise a family. as for work, it was good, the learning was not as challenging as I would have liked and there's not much career advancement here unless you have a PhD (it is a university town).
Pros
great people, great for families
Cons
town itself can be a bit boring- great for families, bad for singles
Administrative Support Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 22, 2015
I worked at Auburn University for 26+ years. I started as a cashier and worked my way up through the ranks. I retired after 26 years of employment with Auburn University. I enjoyed working there, my co workers was awesome!
Pros
I looked forward to spending the 2 weeks of paid vacation off during the holidays with my family!
Cons
The pay was ok, but could have been way better.. I think
Conducive and friendly learning environment
Course Instructor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 14, 2013
Being a graduate student has been both challenging and rewarding. I have learned a lot of skills related to data entry, lab management, time management, public speaking and presentation and computer programming. During a typical day at work, I program experiments, collect data, analyze data, prepare manuscripts for publication, prepare presentations for international conferences, train undergraduate research assistants to enter data correctly, and troubleshoot programs or data entries when applicable. The most difficult aspect of the job is the balance between my personal and work life. Conversely, the most enjoyable aspect of the job is the satisfaction of successfully completing a project and accomplishing goals set by myself and by my mentor.
Pros
satisfaction of completing challenging work
Cons
long hours, little pay, balance between home and work life

4.5