Auburn University

Auburn University Employer Reviews

Very Growth Oriented Work Place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 21, 2015
Auburn University is very research-oriented, and growth-oriented organization. My adviser always promotes individualism in work. All the professors I took class are also very supportive.
Working at Auburn University at the Student Union Building gave me the knowledge and experience to become a better Building Specialist.
Building Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: our bosses would take us to lunch on them, as well as fun acitivies such as bowling.
A typical day at work would always consist of following the schedule showing the rooms set up for different meetings for the day. Once the rooms were set up, then you would go to your assigned area to begin your daily duties.
I have learned to manage my time in a timely manner to make sure all my work is done at the the end of the day.
I could not have had a better management team if I had picked them myself.
My co-workers were always there to pitch in and help, if help was needed.
The hardest part of the job was setting up tables an chairs for over 300 guest.
The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work and working with people who also like being on the job. I also enjoyed going to seminars and learning different technique to make my job better.
Conducive studying environment and helpful Faculty
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Auburn University has been welcoming to us International Students and provided us with the state of the art facilities in terms of classrooms, labs and other facilities. The faculty is very efficient in their work and helpful in clearing out problems and making sure the student is not felt unattended to. The research at Auburn University is fascinating and intriguing. I am glad to be studying in such a premier institute.
A challenging, but plausible and full of opportunities workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Being in charge of the experimental side of the research, I work coordination with the chemistry department in preparing the research samples. Each sample takes 1 to 3 hours to be ready depending on the method of preparation and solidification.
Then, I would run several tests to measure thermal conductivity of the samples among other properties.
I do have two co-workers, a chemistry student and a mechanical engineering student who is responsible of the computational side of the research.
Meetings are held every three weeks, with a quarterly progress meeting every 3 months. Presentation lasts from 30 to 45 minutes each.
The hardest part about the job is the research part of it, since the introduction of nano-particles into PCM for energy storage is a new idea.
My First Job in USA
Part Time Student center game room attendant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 2, 2015
Since childhood I was addicted to PC games and I was very happy when I heard that I was selected as game room attendant in my college.My supervisor is very friendly to me she is like my best friend and co-workers are also very supportive.The most enjoyable part about this job is that you are surrounded with charming people all the time, you can play games if you want and you got paid for that.As I am masters student I've lots of assignments and practicals to do so my supervisor let me do my study when rush is less in game room...
Job on campus while I attending college at Auburn
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 17, 2014
This was such a wonderful job, it was very lenient with the hours that I worked per week while I was a full time student at Auburn. I assisted the accountant of the Department of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences with departmental accounts, grants, etc. I worked very closely with excel, as this job required balances to be updated once a month for all of the individual accounts. While working for Auburn University I encountered a transition in accountants as one moved and another was hired. The ladies in the front office were a job to work with and helped me in any way that they possible could. The hardest part of this job was how tedious entering everything into excel spreadsheets can be, with one simple mistake the whole balance can be wrong. It requires your maximum attention, and sometimes double checking your work.
Relaxed Work Enviroment
Student Worker, University Payroll (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good people, flexable
Cons: my particular job was monotonous
A very relaxed work environment with flexible schedules for student workers. The management was great!
Productive and efficient
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 4, 2014
Collaborate with researchers from cross-functional team.
Time management.
Enthusiasm
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 3, 2014
Tested the accuracy of the data of new and original system (including errors and omissions in original system, and errors generated during system upgrade) to ensure the safety of 1.5 billion CNY of provident fund
Found information inconsistence between two systems. Put forward a plan according to Deposit account, Name and ID to make comparison, which was accepted by group
Pointed out a serious error in new system about counting days of interest, which would increase customers’ interest charges, and provided new method to count the days of interest, which was adopted to correct the program after discussion
good for students
Student Aide (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 26, 2014
Good for students to make a few bucks while also learning more.
Good Times on the Plains
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great living conditions and good k-12 schools
Cons: there is an opportunity to be persuaded to have too much fun
I enjoyed the opportunity to work at Auburn. Great working environment with potential to advance if willing to stay.
Student
Library Student Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 14, 2014
Nice environment for students. Learn about different mailing options. Hours are limited and no working on the weekends.
fun
Archaeology Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALSeptember 30, 2014
no typical day
learned a lot
no coworkers
tedium was the hardest part learning new things was the best
teaching assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn UniversitySeptember 22, 2014
Pros: teaching
I lead laboratory assignments that had been prepared by the professor. Duties included explaining and teaching the assignment to the students and conducting field surveys with the students.
smart people, productive environment
Chassis Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn, ALSeptember 20, 2014
Auburn Formula SAE has taught me the most of the real world engineering. it is much more than just textbook problems, most of the team members are smart and helpful leading to overall progress of individuals as well as the team. I owe a lot to the AU Formula SAE team. It was a pleasure being a part of this team.
I am responsible for addressing non-academic violations of University policy through the Code of Student Discipline
Graduate Assistant, Office of Student Conduct (Current Employee), Auburn, ALSeptember 19, 2014
My job is rewarding, satisfying, and challenging. The Office of Student Conduct provides me an opportunity to make a difference. As a student affairs practitioner I look forward to helping students grow in a holistic manner. Providing them opportunities to learn inside and outside of the classroom.
Wonderful Place
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Auburn, ALAugust 27, 2014
Auburn University is a WONDERFUL place to work the environment is welcoming and full of life. I would be the first person in the office so I would get the coffee going, see if there are any open work orders, check my email and wait for the phones to start ringing. It was the best job and I loved every part of it.
Very learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Corley BuildingAugust 22, 2014
I enjoyed a lot working under the guidance of very expertise faculty of Biosystems Engineering Department of Auburn University. Everyone in the department try to create a learning environment for new and existing students. The faculty has a great knowledge of their field and can guide you to start a better career in the field which you are looking for. My overall experience was very good working in Auburn University.
project
Early Childhood Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn, ALAugust 22, 2014
Pros: the people and the children worked with
Cons: paper work, cut in travel pay too often
Teach and train other adults about the needs of children
maintain records and a over abundance of paper work
Very detailed job
Travel is required
Great univerisity
Resident Scholar (Former Employee), AuburnJuly 29, 2014
Auburn University has a friendly and inviting feel to its campus. It is a great place to receive a college education.

1 2 3 4 5

About Auburn University

Auburn University (AU or Auburn) is a public university located in Auburn, Alabama, United States. With more than 25,000 students – Read more

Auburn University Photos