Auburn University Employee Reviews

I liked my NSF grant at Auburn University
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 25, 2017
Superb faculty. Superb facilities. Water tasted a little strange but all the amenities on the campus were top notch. I could not ask for anything better.
Really supportive learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 22, 2017
Auburn University always did a wonderful job of providing opportunities and they made it a point to prepare their students for their opportunities. I always felt supported and well-prepared.
Wildlife Technician
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 19, 2017
This was a volunteer position and was a great way to gain some experience and a young undergraduate student. I wish that I would have done the research longer.
A great summer/mid-semester job
Broun Hall Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 15, 2017
The staff were all extremely friendly and willing to help teach me what I needed to do. The environment was extremely relaxed and the secretaries were very helpful when scheduling difficulties came up.
Laid back and easy experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 13, 2017
I worked here as a student and was given plenty of time to work while also making sure my education was put first. Not a stressful position and easy friendly co-workers.
Web Developer at Campus Dining
Website Developer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 10, 2017
It was fun and they took really good care and people are helpful and friendly. I can work from home to in the initial days I used to work from home. Work will be reasonable.
Encouraging and productive work place with great management.
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 9, 2017
A typical day included answering a student's questions about classes at Auburn University as well as doing some data basing on the computer and emailing both perspective students and current students. The culture was great and the management was helpful yet constructive. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students who were very stressed or unsure about their future classes. I learned a lot about the importance of staying calm while the students or parents of students were stressed or even angry.
Pros
great culture and management
Supplemental Instructor - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 1, 2017
Very enjoyable good work enviornment. On campus job with flexible work hours and good pay. Overall a good learning experience and good employer. 10/10
Interesting work
Student Archivist and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 1, 2017
My time in Auburn's Archives and Special Collections helped better prepare me for a potential career in archival work. I was able to work hands-on with articles and artifacts from the 1800s while learning how today's technology can help us relay history in a more efficient and intriguing manor.
Fun, funny, but a bit gassy
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 21, 2017
Working with cows all day can take it's toll on your oldfactory senses! They are big babies and love to be milked, scratched, and fed! The work is manual and routine, once you get it you really have the opportunity to learn a lot! The manager I worked for was incredibly intelligent if not a little intense sometimes! Lol you work as a team of two or three people, side by side with vet students and doctor some days!
Pros
Cows!
Cons
Smell!
It was exciting
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 17, 2017
I always looked forward to going to work, it was very flexible and student friendly environment.
I work with my professor to prepare notes for the class and also class activities in the class.
Helped students to learn in a more amiable setting and helped students with any questions they had.
Hardest part of the job was to make sure that the students were understanding everything, and the enjoyable part is when we know we are doing a good job at teaching students.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, wasn't a true employee
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 17, 2017
Attending graduate school you either get your tuition covered and stipend by being a research assistant or graduate teaching assistant. So a GTA teaches lab for the geoscience department but also needs to complete a thesis. So a GTA teaches and has to do research to receive the tuition waiver and stipend. Get ready to answer a lot of emails from students and spend a lot of time your first-semester teaching making your lecture power points. Clear guidelines are not set for how to teach and what to teach, although there is a lab manual that guides most of what you do. It was OK, but clearly the system hadn't been changed in decades.
great school
Auburn Supply Chain Management Association, Member (Former Employee) –  auburn, alMarch 28, 2017
Cant ask for a better university. Quiet little town with a big university. Top notch facilities. Plenty to do for anyone in town and always a sporting event going on.
Overall
Public Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed my experience here at Auburn University, the staff is friendly and professional, and the opportunity is "through the roof", I highly recommend to anyone seeking a public relations job at the Office of Accessibility to consider Auburn in the future. I am relocating for other reasons that have nothing to do with my job.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 20, 2017
• Leading & teaching an Intro to Industrial Engineering lab to 40 Freshman engineering students
• Designed a lab each week using Safety & LEAN Engr, OSHA standards, Six Sigma, & introducing Ergonomics
Flexible work-schedule, friendly co-workers, easy work
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 11, 2017
A typical day at work includes helping students answer questions related to their assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills while helping others. Through this job I have been able to expand my social skills. The workplace is very casual, yet professional.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fun to work in an american workplace
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 8, 2017
My job is to assist graduate students regarding their payroll, manage mail and other event arrangements that will be held in mechanical engineering department. I loved the workplace culture and since it mostly deals with physical work, I did not find any difficulties in my job. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers are so friendly and supportive at any time.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Outstanding university
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 4, 2017
Great study environment. People are extremely friendly. Research ability is average. Excellent college football culture.
A good place to work where you will make a lot of lifelong friends
Research Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 1, 2017
This was the best job I ever had, I made a lot friends, and I had the best boss ever. The hardest part of the job was when I had to leave it.
So friendly, productive learning environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 21, 2017
Great place to work -- very friendly people and welcoming environment. Professors are very knowledgeable and have interesting research. Very enjoyable work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auburn University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6