Auburn University Employee Reviews

Depends what kind of boss you have .
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  alabamaSeptember 26, 2016
Good experience till date .Good experience till date .3 years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain optimization, business analysis and development. Acquiring data analytics and machine learning techniques for process evaluation and increasing efficiency.
Beautiful college town with various extracurricular opportunities for your major
Writer, The Plainsman (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 21, 2016
My experience in working as a writer for the Auburn student newspaper prepared me for a career in applied journalism. I composed news articles concerning current events and public interest stories in the Auburn community on a weekly basis. I scheduled and conducted interviews with Auburn faculty, students, city council members, police officers, business owners and employees for news articles. Attending budget meetings to discuss story ideas was crucial for me because I needed to verbalize my pitches to my editors. I always researched story topics and interview sources as much as possible. I always remained in contact with interview sources to confirm the accuracy of attributed quotes. Communicated with editors and photographers to ensure a full collaberation on news stories.
Fast paced work environment with professional athletes
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 20, 2016
My internship experience with the Auburn football team was great. We regularly worked 12-14 hours per day four days out of the week, but Wednesday we would come in at 8am to clean for an hour and had the rest of the day off. Weekends were off as well. Having the chance to coach high level athletes right out of college was a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Great on the job training, exposure to high level athletes and top level coaches
Cons
unpaid internship
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 17, 2016
Auburn University is a challenging and rewarding place to work. A "typical day" does not exist because there is always a multitude of activities going on and things to learn each and every day. Working at Auburn taught me the importance of time management and relationships in the workplace. I would work for Auburn again in a heartbeat.
Great start for videographers!
VIDEOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 9, 2016
Auburn University's College of Engineering was a great place to develop as a videographer. I learned a lot about audio equipment, camera placement, and technical direction.
Pros
Pay increase every semester
Challenging and rewarding environment
Communication and Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 27, 2016
Good research univeristy
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 18, 2016
Good research university, Provides all the facilities to build your knowledge. There are god Reputed professors to guide.
Great place to work with competent employees
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, ALJuly 6, 2016
Loved working here. Everyone is very professional and friendly. Not a stressful work environment. Would recommend.
Excellent place to work
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Department of GeosciencesJune 20, 2016
Loved the professor I worked for, loved the opportunities that I had. I disliked biweekly pay though.

Typical day was meeting my professor to discuss what I had already worked on, and what to work on next.

I didn't have any coworkers.

I disliked the lack of structure in the job.
Challenging
Student-Aide (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 31, 2016
The job is fast paced and requires a lot of multi tasking. It is all doable, and at the end of the job a person will feel accomplished

Want to know more about Auburn University?

Ask a question
Great place to work for students
Class Checker (Former Employee) –  SADCMay 31, 2016
They worked well with my schedule and accommodations were great when I broke my foot. Most enjoyable part was being able to work in my free time.
Excellent place to work as a student
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 19, 2016
Very flexible with hours and understanding of tests and other priorities. Working on your college campus give you not only a job, but valuable work experience in seeing how a successful university functions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 13, 2016
Very Good. I love the atmosphere here. The work ethics are great.
I am just a student doing part time GTA job. But I still like it.

Auburn rocks. War Eagle.
Very warm and open experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 30, 2016
At Auburn, as a cashier for the Scientific Supply Store, I learned how to effectively use a register and card machine and how to input data through Microsoft Excel.
Great Environment
Visiting/Research scholar/Special assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 23, 2016
Great Environment. If you like South and Football, this place is for you. Good benefits for Auburn University Employees< including insurance, discount for spouses and children on tuition. After one year you are eligible to study for free up to 5 credits.
Outstanding reputation for engineering majors
Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALMarch 19, 2016
Auburn has a respected school of engineering and offers a variety of appropriate and challenging classes. I took several Advanced Placement classes in high school and started with more than a semester of credit.
Great workplace with cool equipments
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 15, 2016
Working in Auburn University is really enjoyable. We have a really cool shop to let us doing some really models include wood table, steel chair, or 3D print stuff.
Learned alot while working at Auburn University
Business Office - Payroll/Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, AlFebruary 20, 2016
Payroll - worked with a partner to do payroll for monthly salaried employees. This involved communication with employees and department heads regarding everything from salary to insurance and other benefits.

Facilities - did monthly payables which included reconciling monthly statements with invoices. In communication with Facilities department heads and vendors on a regular basis. Pay bills in a timely fashion.
Pros
Learned alot at the University
Cons
Little chance of advancement
very productive
Audio/ camera engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 10, 2016
using such advanced equipment, i learned a great deal on how to use the machines. i was also able to help other students pursue their degree in an easier fashion. it was a great work environment.
Pros
learning how to operate advanced equipment
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place for Experience
Athletics Intern - Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 6, 2016
My time at Auburn University working with the strength and conditioning coaching staff exposed me to a leadership skills, program design, team building activities, and proper assessment in handling any situation concerning training and exercise.

4.5