Auburn University

Auburn University United States Employee Reviews

I love Auburn
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 1, 2015
I love working with my professors. Auburn faculty aways cares about their students. It is like my second home. I recommend everyone come here and say war eagle to everyone
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), AuburnApril 28, 2015
Research was challenging and my mentor was very helpful.There was a work and study balance and I am working on a paper now.
Creative Firm
Campus Architect (Current Employee), Auburn, ALApril 16, 2015
Great leadership that fosters creativity and learning while allowing team to be a part of unique projects for great clients.
Productive and easy going work
GTA (Current Employee), Auburn, ALApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good payment for a GTA program
Cons: lack of jobs after the GTA program is finished
Working at Auburn university has been an excellent experience. The environment is perfect for new teachers and they are always willing to help with anything you need.

A normal day at work involves tutoring the students during the office hours, then teach a class for 50 minutes.

The co-workers provide with help at anytime, since most of us are classmates on the Master's program.

The hardest part of the job is the absence of grammar teaching in the class. The students are supposed to do that on their own, and sometimes it implies that they do not know how structures work.

The most rewarding part of the job, and what makes me want to be a teacher is the feeling I get when something hard that needs to be explained is understood by the students. That's the beauty of this job.
Customer centered and technical growth
Assistant Director of University Scholarships (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting and developing new relationships. Technical responsibilities.
Cons: Required extensive travel.
• Supervise daily professional, administrative, temporary, and student staff.
• Oversee all technical functions in the office and trouble shoot as needed..
• Maintain and review Donor budgets.
• Awarding, canceling, disbursement, and reporting of funds for Donor funded university scholarships.
• Create and update rules, reports, and Population Selection in Banner.
• Oversee the administration of scholarship publications, website development, event planning, and all staff training.
• Coordinate the participation of the Office of University Scholarships at internal and external function.
• Met with parents/students daily and presented scholarship information to 300+ parent/students monthly.
Good research group
PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMarch 10, 2015
Pros: grad student life
Cons: grad student life
Good research group. My professor creates an environment where the student can put his point of view for the research.
Best part of this research group is you get outdoors in the name of field trips
Inducive environment for learning
Research Assistant- Part-Time (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMarch 7, 2015
Working within the Biosystems Department has provided great learning opportunity. Being part of cutting edge research in gasification has diversified my experience while giving an appreciation for experimental processes.
Students work with real clients and communities
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMarch 6, 2015
MLA program at Auburn University have twelve hours of studio per week. This gives them plenty of time to develop skills, to work creatively, and to have meaningful sessions with professors.
Very Growth Oriented Work Place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 21, 2015
Auburn University is very research-oriented, and growth-oriented organization. My adviser always promotes individualism in work. All the professors I took class are also very supportive.
Working at Auburn University at the Student Union Building gave me the knowledge and experience to become a better Building Specialist.
Building Specialist (Former Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: our bosses would take us to lunch on them, as well as fun acitivies such as bowling.
A typical day at work would always consist of following the schedule showing the rooms set up for different meetings for the day. Once the rooms were set up, then you would go to your assigned area to begin your daily duties.
I have learned to manage my time in a timely manner to make sure all my work is done at the the end of the day.
I could not have had a better management team if I had picked them myself.
My co-workers were always there to pitch in and help, if help was needed.
The hardest part of the job was setting up tables an chairs for over 300 guest.
The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work and working with people who also like being on the job. I also enjoyed going to seminars and learning different technique to make my job better.
Conducive studying environment and helpful Faculty
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Auburn University has been welcoming to us International Students and provided us with the state of the art facilities in terms of classrooms, labs and other facilities. The faculty is very efficient in their work and helpful in clearing out problems and making sure the student is not felt unattended to. The research at Auburn University is fascinating and intriguing. I am glad to be studying in such a premier institute.
A challenging, but plausible and full of opportunities workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Being in charge of the experimental side of the research, I work coordination with the chemistry department in preparing the research samples. Each sample takes 1 to 3 hours to be ready depending on the method of preparation and solidification.
Then, I would run several tests to measure thermal conductivity of the samples among other properties.
I do have two co-workers, a chemistry student and a mechanical engineering student who is responsible of the computational side of the research.
Meetings are held every three weeks, with a quarterly progress meeting every 3 months. Presentation lasts from 30 to 45 minutes each.
The hardest part about the job is the research part of it, since the introduction of nano-particles into PCM for energy storage is a new idea.
My First Job in USA
Part Time Student center game room attendant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 2, 2015
Since childhood I was addicted to PC games and I was very happy when I heard that I was selected as game room attendant in my college.My supervisor is very friendly to me she is like my best friend and co-workers are also very supportive.The most enjoyable part about this job is that you are surrounded with charming people all the time, you can play games if you want and you got paid for that.As I am masters student I've lots of assignments and practicals to do so my supervisor let me do my study when rush is less in game room...
Job on campus while I attending college at Auburn
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 17, 2014
This was such a wonderful job, it was very lenient with the hours that I worked per week while I was a full time student at Auburn. I assisted the accountant of the Department of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences with departmental accounts, grants, etc. I worked very closely with excel, as this job required balances to be updated once a month for all of the individual accounts. While working for Auburn University I encountered a transition in accountants as one moved and another was hired. The ladies in the front office were a job to work with and helped me in any way that they possible could. The hardest part of this job was how tedious entering everything into excel spreadsheets can be, with one simple mistake the whole balance can be wrong. It requires your maximum attention, and sometimes double checking your work.
Relaxed Work Enviroment
Student Worker, University Payroll (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good people, flexable
Cons: my particular job was monotonous
A very relaxed work environment with flexible schedules for student workers. The management was great!
Productive and efficient
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 4, 2014
Collaborate with researchers from cross-functional team.
Time management.
Enthusiasm
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 3, 2014
Tested the accuracy of the data of new and original system (including errors and omissions in original system, and errors generated during system upgrade) to ensure the safety of 1.5 billion CNY of provident fund
Found information inconsistence between two systems. Put forward a plan according to Deposit account, Name and ID to make comparison, which was accepted by group
Pointed out a serious error in new system about counting days of interest, which would increase customers’ interest charges, and provided new method to count the days of interest, which was adopted to correct the program after discussion
good for students
Student Aide (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 26, 2014
Good for students to make a few bucks while also learning more.
Good Times on the Plains
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great living conditions and good k-12 schools
Cons: there is an opportunity to be persuaded to have too much fun
I enjoyed the opportunity to work at Auburn. Great working environment with potential to advance if willing to stay.
Student
Library Student Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 14, 2014
Nice environment for students. Learn about different mailing options. Hours are limited and no working on the weekends.

1 2 3 4 5

About Auburn University

Auburn University (AU or Auburn) is a public university located in Auburn, Alabama, United States. With more than 25,000 students – Read more

Auburn University Salaries