Auburn University Employee Reviews

Great University
Video Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 24, 2017
A great place to work for. Very enjoyable. I get to work for a organization in athletics. A organization that I grew up loving as a kid. Very fun environment.
good work place
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 19, 2017
good work environment the day started up in a meeting the we would go into the dorms and start cleaning the work was easy but it got hard when some of the rooms were very nasty
Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 14, 2017
Good place to work, nice people. Not much to do at times. Staff worked well with each other. Good facilities, and living in the best place in the Southeast.
Good place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  AuburnJune 13, 2017
The environment of the workplace is very satisfying. We worked 14 hours per work, and the colleagues are very helpful and graceful. The professor was also very kind to us.
Should consider improving temporary employee evaluation and orientation procedures.
Waste Reduction & Recycling Temp (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 13, 2017
T.E.S must conduct orientation process and review/evaluation of temporary employees. Especially where inexperienced/low functioning supervisors are concerned. Entirely too much dishonesty/employee turnover in the Waste Reduction & Recycling Division.
Pros
Great student athlete culture. Great campus and facilities. Excellent community outreach programs.
Cons
Temporary employees need to be evalutated by alternate supervisors who are not biased.
Not Bad for Middle Administration
Distance Education Coordinator/Graduate Adviser (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALJune 10, 2017
Middle and upper admin are ok - faculty is ok. The lower admin and introductory staff are not treated very well.

There is room for lateral movement between departments, but everyone makes the same thing. The staff tends to be very transient and the faculty are much more highly regarded. You work for them.
overlay good
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 8, 2017
A good place to study Civil Engineering. Very friendly and responsive professors. Interesting real projects that students worked on. Opportunity to go on a field trip related to the project. Also, Auburn is a great place to live and have fun.
Great experience and fun years at this school
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 6, 2017
Great learning and fun experience at this school that I wouldn't change for anything. Great classes and school atmosphere providing the best college experience.
Productive teaching atmosphere
Graduate Assistant tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 5, 2017
A typical day tutoring included discussing a kinesiology related topic from a student athletes lectures. We would determine what he/she was having trouble with, help them figure out how to approach the topic, and review.
it was okay
Student (Former Employee) –  Aerospace dept.June 4, 2017
it was okay. it was alright. i think it was about average. it was approximately at the mean. it was good at best. i would say that it did not deviate far from the
Amazing University
Student (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 30, 2017
Auburn is the university I attended not a work place. It was a great university and I spent amazing years there. I learned a lot during my time there.
I liked my NSF grant at Auburn University
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 25, 2017
Superb faculty. Superb facilities. Water tasted a little strange but all the amenities on the campus were top notch. I could not ask for anything better.
Really supportive learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 22, 2017
Auburn University always did a wonderful job of providing opportunities and they made it a point to prepare their students for their opportunities. I always felt supported and well-prepared.
Wildlife Technician
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 19, 2017
This was a volunteer position and was a great way to gain some experience and a young undergraduate student. I wish that I would have done the research longer.
A great summer/mid-semester job
Broun Hall Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 15, 2017
The staff were all extremely friendly and willing to help teach me what I needed to do. The environment was extremely relaxed and the secretaries were very helpful when scheduling difficulties came up.
Laid back and easy experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 13, 2017
I worked here as a student and was given plenty of time to work while also making sure my education was put first. Not a stressful position and easy friendly co-workers.
Web Developer at Campus Dining
Website Developer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 10, 2017
It was fun and they took really good care and people are helpful and friendly. I can work from home to in the initial days I used to work from home. Work will be reasonable.
Encouraging and productive work place with great management.
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 9, 2017
A typical day included answering a student's questions about classes at Auburn University as well as doing some data basing on the computer and emailing both perspective students and current students. The culture was great and the management was helpful yet constructive. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students who were very stressed or unsure about their future classes. I learned a lot about the importance of staying calm while the students or parents of students were stressed or even angry.
Pros
great culture and management
Supplemental Instructor - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 1, 2017
Very enjoyable good work enviornment. On campus job with flexible work hours and good pay. Overall a good learning experience and good employer. 10/10
Interesting work
Student Archivist and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 1, 2017
My time in Auburn's Archives and Special Collections helped better prepare me for a potential career in archival work. I was able to work hands-on with articles and artifacts from the 1800s while learning how today's technology can help us relay history in a more efficient and intriguing manor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auburn University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5