Auburn University

Auburn University Employer Reviews

Learn a lot while at Auburn University.
Graduate Research Assistant, Operating Systems Lab (Current Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 3, 2014
It is one of the well known University in South East Conference, with a lot of research opportunities.
I learn in detail about the software development and system management during my academics. Especially, I understood and changed the Hadoop Source code to make the scheduling policy thermal aware, which gave me insight of hadoop framework and also – more... gave me the confidence. – less
Great area for retirement
LEAD PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Auburn, ALFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, work environment, and 2 week paid christmas break.
Cons: having someone that believes in your work capablities and standing up for what is right and wrong.
Auburn University is a great place to work depending on what department you are placed within. All jobs have pros and cons, but I hold high respect for those that have a position of leadership and can lead fellow co-workers as well as stand up for their team when needed. I don't feel as though I have that here currently.. I love my job and my co-workers – more... are a pleasure to work with. I currently work with the student population, servicing their pharmacy needs. I enjoy being the mother figure to most of the students away from home and family when they are not feeling their best. As being a lead technician, my day is always full of continual paperwork, filling prescriptions, assisting the pharmacist and teaching pharmacy students the daily operations within a pharmacy before graduating. – less
Rewarding academic setting, great experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 24, 2014
This was a great place to pursue a graduate degree, and the English Department was very helpful. The department provides its GTAs with invaluable training and experience for teaching or other jobs that require skills such as speaking, presenting, synthesis, planning, multi-tasking, time management, and interpersonal skills.
good place to work
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, AlabamaJanuary 14, 2014
good place to work. Got international exposure via this job. Very helpful co-workers
Graduate Teaching Assistantship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 12, 2014
This was a typical Graduate Teaching Assistantship. I tutored students, helped professors with student assessment, and led class from time to time. Auburn paid for my school.
Temporary College Job
Illustrator (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great college opportunity
Working for the Auburn University Athletic Department illustrating for their new jumbo-tron scoreboard was a fantastic opportunity for me as a student. It was a short-term job, but great while it lasted.
Academic environment. Friendly and fun
Visual Basic/Java application developer (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJanuary 1, 2014
Although not highly paid (I was just an RA at the time), I've learned a whole lot during that period of time.
Assistant
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALDecember 31, 2013
Pros: sitting down
Cons: short breaks
I assisted the students at Auburn University with receiving their tranascripts.
Productive with amiable environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALDecember 28, 2013
Coopertaive colleagues,
Challenging work environment,
Carrying out research activities
Productive and great work place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALDecember 20, 2013
Awesome place to work! Great mentors and great room to grow as a professional.
Family oriented
Temporary Employment Services (Current Employee), Auburn, ALDecember 10, 2013
Pros: excellent working hours
Cons: parking
I loved working at Auburn University. Everyone worked together so that we were successful.
many chances to see people with a big name in computer area
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), any city in CADecember 8, 2013
Usually work Monday thr Friday and have many chances to see people with a big name in computer area
many good lectures
Good Academic Institute
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 17, 2013
Daily research academic activity, Self-studying, design experimental procedure and analysisi
Great Place to work
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 14, 2013
- Challenge to work with student database where things change rapidly
- University great place to work if you have family
- Most enjoyable part of my job was problem solving
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills along with IT basics
Conducive and friendly learning environment
Course Instructor (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 14, 2013
Pros: satisfaction of completing challenging work
Cons: long hours, little pay, balance between home and work life
Being a graduate student has been both challenging and rewarding. I have learned a lot of skills related to data entry, lab management, time management, public speaking and presentation and computer programming. During a typical day at work, I program experiments, collect data, analyze data, prepare manuscripts for publication, prepare presentations – more... for international conferences, train undergraduate research assistants to enter data correctly, and troubleshoot programs or data entries when applicable. The most difficult aspect of the job is the balance between my personal and work life. Conversely, the most enjoyable aspect of the job is the satisfaction of successfully completing a project and accomplishing goals set by myself and by my mentor. – less
Interesting work environment with good benefits.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Main CampusNovember 5, 2013
Pros: access to a huge library, and close to several restaurants.
Cons: parking could be difficult to find at times.
This company provided me with excellent training opportunities, a diverse employee makeup, and many opportunities to learn more about people. I enjoyed working here, and would recommend it to anyone.
I did a research project on mosquitoes
Reasearch Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 28, 2013
I did a research project on mosquitos that I already documented in the part that said "articles". In addition I want to mention that we published an article in a trade journal put out by those who raised emus throughout the U.S.
I only worked part time.
Part time only (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 17, 2013
I only worked part time. I came in only one day a week half a day.
Steady paced workplace.
Senior Network Administrator (Current Employee), College of Architecture, Desigh and ConstructionOctober 15, 2013
Pros: fun during football season
Cons: lack of funding and pending layoffs.
I oversee and maintain the Windows Active Directory infrastructure. DNS, DHCP, and all hardware.
I am in the initial stages of Hyper-V imaging.
Good place to study
Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee), auburn universityOctober 9, 2013
I was TA and RA in Auburn university.
Good place to study and work with most friendly environment.

About Auburn University

Auburn University (AU or Auburn) is a public university located in Auburn, Alabama, United States. With more than 25,000 students – Read more

Auburn University Photos