Auburn University

Auburn University Employee Reviews

Conducive and friendly learning environment
Course Instructor (Current Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 14, 2013
Pros: satisfaction of completing challenging work
Cons: long hours, little pay, balance between home and work life
Being a graduate student has been both challenging and rewarding. I have learned a lot of skills related to data entry, lab management, time management, public speaking and presentation and computer programming. During a typical day at work, I program experiments, collect data, analyze data, prepare manuscripts for publication, prepare presentations for international conferences, train undergraduate research assistants to enter data correctly, and troubleshoot programs or data entries when applicable. The most difficult aspect of the job is the balance between my personal and work life. Conversely, the most enjoyable aspect of the job is the satisfaction of successfully completing a project and accomplishing goals set by myself and by my mentor.
Interesting work environment with good benefits.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Main CampusNovember 5, 2013
Pros: access to a huge library, and close to several restaurants.
Cons: parking could be difficult to find at times.
This company provided me with excellent training opportunities, a diverse employee makeup, and many opportunities to learn more about people. I enjoyed working here, and would recommend it to anyone.
I did a research project on mosquitoes
Reasearch Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 28, 2013
I did a research project on mosquitos that I already documented in the part that said "articles". In addition I want to mention that we published an article in a trade journal put out by those who raised emus throughout the U.S.
I only worked part time.
Part time only (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 17, 2013
I only worked part time. I came in only one day a week half a day.
Steady paced workplace.
Senior Network Administrator (Current Employee), College of Architecture, Desigh and ConstructionOctober 15, 2013
Pros: fun during football season
Cons: lack of funding and pending layoffs.
I oversee and maintain the Windows Active Directory infrastructure. DNS, DHCP, and all hardware.
I am in the initial stages of Hyper-V imaging.
Good place to study
Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee), auburn universityOctober 9, 2013
I was TA and RA in Auburn university.
Good place to study and work with most friendly environment.
Great place for a quality education
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALOctober 3, 2013
Atmosphere was great for graduate work. Aerospace department was extremely helpful to further you knowledge in the field.
Auburn was great program
Graduate Clinician (Former Employee), Auburn AlAugust 27, 2013
I appreciated my many opportunities at Auburn as a graduate student. I was employed as graduate instructor and graduate clinicain
good student job
Math and Economics Tutor, Professor Aditi Sengupta (Former Employee), Auburn, ALAugust 22, 2013
Pros: learned about economics
• Tutored undergraduates in a Mathematical Economics course
• Created techniques to help students improve in optimization, linear algebra
• Facilitated deeper understanding of lecture material to help students grasp concepts
Learning Work Experience Phase
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALAugust 17, 2013
I gained the following skills working at Auburn University:
• Conducted research on segregation of blended fertilizers using spinner disc spreader.
• Carried out research on vane design of the spinner disc spreaders.
• Assisted as a team member in various other Precision Ag based projects for crop production.
• Help students collecting graduate research data.
It was an excellent university.
School of Accountancy - Office Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 29, 2013
I worked at the university, and also went to school there. I had a job as the office assistant at the accounting department. It was a nice office where I helped students and staffs with daily affairs. I had a great time knowing the people at the department.
A great place to learn
Senior Research Project (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 18, 2013
I had a great time there and accumulated a superb education.
Interesting workplace, good team atmosphere
Administrative Assistant for the Music Department (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJuly 12, 2013
There's always something new happening. Working to make a good learning environment is rewarding.
good school
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALJune 26, 2013
good place for a Ph.D student. Nice professors.
in charge of a electronic Lab
Great atmosphere to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn , AlabamaJune 12, 2013
My typical day starts off by checking printers and make sure office supplies are stocked and ready for the day. I sit at the front desk of Samford Hall and help direct visitors and students to their desired location. Im basically on call to run various errand on and off campus for different departments in our building. Also i am Expected to give a little history background for Samford Hall to visitors who come for tours.
Really nice place to work
Research Assistant III (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 26, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive environment
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 13, 2013
They provided lots of liberty, allowing for tasks to be completed quickly and safely, while still having time to get to know the students
Enjoyable atmosphere.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 22, 2013
Willingness to work around your schedule and a light management touch made the job enjoyable.

Not much chance for "advancement" and "compensation" for a graduate teaching assistant as it is a part-time position.
Currently doing freelance for the Office of Communications and Marketing along with other departments
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Auburn, ALApril 21, 2013
I love working with the Auburn Marketing department. The projects I have been given, tend to be the larger projects such as book and magazines. They do this so they can free up their inhouse designers for other projects.

I throughly enjoy working with all the people at Auburn. We talk on the phone or email daily to keep in contact. I have learned so much from the Supervisor of Creative Services, and in turn it has honed my skills. I love learning new things!
Great team building experience
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 19, 2013
Being an orientation leader required patience, tolerance, creativity, and a sense of humor. Many of the students did not want to participate in the (mandatory) orientation because they felt it was a waste of time or that it was boring. They just wanted to get their class schedule and go about the rest of their day. Relaying the same information to each orientation group was just as boring to the orientation leaders so, we would sit in the Student Union and brainstorm ways to shake things up and compare notes on what methods we had used in the past that we felt had worked the best at keeping the student's interest. Working with disinterested college students was difficult but, having them remember you when walking down the concourse or seeing them in the same class made it worthwhile.

About Auburn University

Auburn University (AU or Auburn) is a public university located in Auburn, Alabama, United States. With more than 25,000 students – Read more

Auburn University Salaries