Auburn University

Auburn University Employer Reviews

Working nonstop but the customers and co-workers made it worthwhile.
Cashier (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMay 10, 2012
Pros: improves working skills
Cons: long hours
Each day we came 4 hours before a game would start to prepare for the customers. First, we did inventory to know what we had to begin with. Then we cleaned the whole consession stand. Next, we began to prepare the food, put up displays and organize everything. Soon the rush of customers will start coming, helping with directions, taking orders and working – more... nonstop.
This lasted until 11:30pm. The manager made sure we were always working. My co-workers were always on the job. During my time there, I learned how to work at a fast pace, make hard decisons, learn how to take 3 to 4 different answers accuratey at once. And smile at every customer. The hardest part about the job was you were on your feet for 12 hours and more. But the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with. And the customers that made work fun and the time pass by. – less
Incredible institution to work for and with great opportunities for advancement
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), Auburn, ALMay 8, 2012
I learned more on the job than any classroom could ever teach me about day-to-day operations of a nonprofit and business, event planning, outreach programming, program development and stewardship.

The most rewarding part of my job was knowing that my work was laying the foundation of philanthropy at Auburn University for years to come by improving – more... the quality of life in Auburn and abroad. – less
Auburn Extension Summary Review
Assistant to Area Agent (Former Employee), Selma, ALApril 17, 2012
This was a small office environment where I learned a lot about the extension programs and the support they provided to the local community. Coworkers and management was great to work with on a daily basis.
Never a dull moment
Accountant (Current Employee), Auburn, ALApril 15, 2012
Learned a lot about accounting working for the different food establishments on campus.
A perfect job to have while attending a university
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 9, 2012
Pros: free housing, monthly stipend, mixed well with college life
Cons: management sometimes disconnected with others
While my job did not take up very many hours in a week. I was technically on duty and responsible for my residents 24/7. I was responsible for maintaining an orderly community in the residence halls. I facilitated social interaction and group building activities that fit into an academic environment. I learned much about interpersonal communication – more... and how to deal with countless types of challenges. Whenever I disagreed with management, I felt it was my duty to express my concern. We maintained a favorable relationship.

My co-workers were a diverse and exciting bunch of individuals. Our bond strengthened the more we worked together. I would say the most difficult aspect of my job was maintaining a relationship with every resident in my building. 300 people can be difficult to keep track of. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my residents and giving them a proper environment to learn and grow as individuals. – less
Great School and workplace
Procurement Officer (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 3, 2012
Motivated staff, fun and productive environment. Loved both attending and being a part of Auburn.
WAR EAGLE!!!!
Housing and Residence Life, Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALMarch 14, 2012
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. A wonderful place to work and got ot school.
Student Mechanic (Current Employee), Auburn, AlMarch 2, 2012
Pros: flexible time.
Boss is very understanding because he knows we are college students working towards our degrees and he allows us to take off when we need to.
Great learning environment with excellent guidance from Professors.
Stage Manager (student) (Former Employee), Auburn University Theatre DepartmentDecember 2, 2011
Pros: mentors who were very helpful, and good work experience.
Cons: extremely long hours.
Working at Auburn University while I was a student was a wonderful experience. I gained many new skills and was able to work closely with others who have worked in the field professionally. I did not get paid, but feel that the experience was well worth my time and labor.
good learning
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, ALApril 17, 2014
manageable schedule, broadens our knowledge, good management, flexible schedule to do research.

About Auburn University

Auburn University (AU or Auburn) is a public university located in Auburn, Alabama, United States. With more than 25,000 students – Read more

Auburn University Photos