Auburn University Employee Reviews

It was an excellent university.
School of Accountancy - Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 29, 2013
I worked at the university, and also went to school there. I had a job as the office assistant at the accounting department. It was a nice office where I helped students and staffs with daily affairs. I had a great time knowing the people at the department.
A great place to learn
Senior Research Project (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 18, 2013
I had a great time there and accumulated a superb education.
Interesting workplace, good team atmosphere
Administrative Assistant for the Music Department (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJuly 12, 2013
There's always something new happening. Working to make a good learning environment is rewarding.
good school
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 26, 2013
good place for a Ph.D student. Nice professors.
in charge of a electronic Lab
Great atmosphere to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn , AlabamaJune 12, 2013
My typical day starts off by checking printers and make sure office supplies are stocked and ready for the day. I sit at the front desk of Samford Hall and help direct visitors and students to their desired location. Im basically on call to run various errand on and off campus for different departments in our building. Also i am Expected to give a little history background for Samford Hall to visitors who come for tours.
Really nice place to work
Research Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 26, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive environment
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMay 13, 2013
They provided lots of liberty, allowing for tasks to be completed quickly and safely, while still having time to get to know the students
Enjoyable atmosphere.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 22, 2013
Willingness to work around your schedule and a light management touch made the job enjoyable.

Not much chance for "advancement" and "compensation" for a graduate teaching assistant as it is a part-time position.
Currently doing freelance for the Office of Communications and Marketing along with other departments
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 21, 2013
I love working with the Auburn Marketing department. The projects I have been given, tend to be the larger projects such as book and magazines. They do this so they can free up their inhouse designers for other projects.

I throughly enjoy working with all the people at Auburn. We talk on the phone or email daily to keep in contact. I have learned so much from the Supervisor of Creative Services, and in turn it has honed my skills. I love learning new things!
Great team building experience
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 19, 2013
Being an orientation leader required patience, tolerance, creativity, and a sense of humor. Many of the students did not want to participate in the (mandatory) orientation because they felt it was a waste of time or that it was boring. They just wanted to get their class schedule and go about the rest of their day. Relaying the same information to each orientation group was just as boring to the orientation leaders so, we would sit in the Student Union and brainstorm ways to shake things up and compare notes on what methods we had used in the past that we felt had worked the best at keeping the student's interest. Working with disinterested college students was difficult but, having them remember you when walking down the concourse or seeing them in the same class made it worthwhile.

Want to know more about Auburn University?

Ask a question
Good
Electronic Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 16, 2013
Nice environment. Helping people.
Learned a lot about packaging. Good faculty.
The CHemica engineering Deaprtment is very close knit.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 5, 2013
The Chemical Eng Dept is just the right size with the faculty as well as the staff always willing to help students. They have always treated the students well and the phd stipends are competitive.
Pros
cost of living is decent
Cons
health insurance is expensive
Great University
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 5, 2013
Beautiful campus. Effective teaching instruction. Lots of research opportunities.
Low intensity, high responsibility
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 25, 2013
The job was fairly simple and very flexible regarding when the set tasks needed to be taken care of. However, working the weekend shift taught me responsibility and self-reliance.
Wonderful part time job working with children
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Auburn, UniversityMarch 4, 2013
Currently, I work at an Elementary school in the after school program. I get to work and help make snack for the children. After snack and recess I help the children in homework time and then we go to sessions. Two days a week I manage arts and crafts club, and other days I help monitor the free play area.

I work with other college students, which would probably be one of the most challenging parts of the job. We all differ in back grounds and approaches and it can be difficult to balance our tactics but it is always worth the effort when we do.
Wonderful Place to work!
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 1, 2013
Auburn is a wonderful place to work. The people, the benefits and the town are amazing!
Student job
IT Technical support (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 22, 2013
This was a great job for students. It only paid min wage. But they worked around all class time and make sure you have all time you need to devote to your classes and studying
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Awesome environment, great for families
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 11, 2013
AU is a great school with the average amount of politics and issues. what makes it fantastic is its location. it truly is 'the loveliest village on the plain'. the people are friendly, the schools are excellent and its a great location to raise a family. as for work, it was good, the learning was not as challenging as I would have liked and there's not much career advancement here unless you have a PhD (it is a university town).
Pros
great people, great for families
Cons
town itself can be a bit boring- great for families, bad for singles
Educational
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 9, 2013
Work as a GTA in the Math Department. I independently taught several courses in math and statistics. I learned more through teaching than I ever did as a student.
A nice place to live and work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 4, 2013
It's a decent university to study and work at. I cannot wait for the new rec center!

4.5