Auction.com Employee Reviews in United States

Worst company
customer service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 27, 2015
Do not work this company. They do not provide benefits, sick days, vacation even working 40 hours a week. They reduce hours without pay benefits . It is very politic and race cards. Hopefully they hire new management team. Not do what they say in their business. Lot of customer complaints.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no benefits, unorganized and management under stupid people
good place
Buyer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2015
a typical day is spent at your desk calling a min of 50 a day. it is very very repetitive. very redundant! the management is a bit unorganized. the bonus guidelines at not clear. the work environment is relaxed. and the people are great.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
very redundant
Interesting company
Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2015
Large scale company and it all depends on what your looking for. Great part time/flexible schedule for Auction manager, coordinator and concierge type roles. Difficult to advance/move up if you want to take it further. Most of the best full time jobs are in California, texas and new york.
Great Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAJune 16, 2015
Auction.com is a great place to work. Management is changing for the better and we are definitely on a trajectory. Non-performers are weeded out quickly and the culture is great. A well established company with a start-up vibe, and many perks. Perks include free lunch, game room, and many learning opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches 3x weekly, game room, flex schedule
Cons
Little growth opportunities, equity only for heavy hitters
good strong company
AUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 26, 2015
good, strong company model. People I work with are great. I like going to work and knowing I am helping the public get a little bit of happiness.
Fast Paced environment
Online Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2015
There is something new always happening within the company in a good way. New clients, new system updates, new processes.
Pros
Great Benefits, work shirts provided, employee appreciation luncheons
Was a good company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Nice place, constant work, great coworkers, company was sold and is no longer an option for employment. Typical day was typically busy, very few surprises
Pros
experience
Great place to work.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 23, 2015
I love working with people and helping them. I got to speak with people from all over the world.

What I learned is that it cost me nothing to me kind and pleasant to people. A lot of times our clients do not do their home work so to speak. Which meant al lot of questions I would have to go over with them. But the best feeling is when they understood and were happy I took time with them.
Pros
helping people.
Auction
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Love this, great experience, great people. I like being able to learn new things. each time is a new learning experience.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
only once a month
Good place to work if you like your current position
Lead Contract Specialist of VIP Reporting (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Advancement is difficult at best. Almost never any openings. Bonuses are not based on your individual efforts for the most part. However, the atmosphere is great, co-workers always help one another. The work is always fast-paced, but almost never unbearable.
Pros
if you're full-time, health/vision/dental benefits are great, hours are consistent
Cons
hard to advance, constantly changing systems, unreachable goals for bonuses
Fun Place to work
everyone is friendly
very good support team
great training
room for advancement
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks
Not a good place to work for
REO Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 11, 2015
There is no room for advancement within the company. You would have to kiss a lot of butt cheek to move up. Management is horrible, company is a joke, all the executive want more money in there pocket and treated the little guy as dirt.
Pros
there is no pros for the company
Cons
every bad thing you can think of
Adc
Contract Specialist - VIP Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2015
Good salary. Work life balance is average. Overall the company is a good company to work for within the Real Estate community.
Pros
Lots of company activities
Great place to work! Friendly environment.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2014
Auction.com is a great company to work for! It has been exciting watching and being a part of the company's growth. Processes are ever evolving for the better which can sometimes be tricky, but it is always for the better. Management has always been motivating and helpful. Employees within are of all types.
Pros
employees are always recognized for hard work and also rewarded!
Cons
staffing changes quarterly.
Great company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2015
I loved working for Auction.com. They were great to their employees and provided a great work/life balance.

Highly recommend
Pros
work life balance
Cons
annual audit
Not a Healthy enviroment
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 21, 2015
Being hired with Auction is a short term employment not long term. Upper management did not care about their employees nor the long hours they stayed to complete the daily reports and work load.
A lot of travel, good management in the Northern California area
Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 29, 2014
A normal day requires a person to travel to whatever county you may have an auction in that day. I learned a great deal with Auction.com such as, data processing, managing a large staff, excellent communication skills, and fine tuned customer service skills. Management in the Northern California area is the best in the company. When we were very busy the hardest part of my job was being away from home for periods of time. Auction.com is the kind of job that makes you feel like you really accomplished something when you are done with a day of work.
REO on site Coordinator responsibilities
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 23, 2014
The Job in many ways was very good. Pay and Benefits were fair. It was challenging working an hour from home. My direct supervisor was not very personable and sometimes made me feel uncomfortable. I was also treated as though I was not intelligent enough to complete some projects. She favored my co-worker over me much of the time. I would recommend People Skills training classes for my direct supervisor.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
supervisor
A nice place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2012
It has been a nice place to work, in terms of culture and experience. Furthemore, it has potential for expanding into other areas. Travel distance is adequate given that there are two main freeways close by. Management is very helpful and committed to quality. Hours of work are also flexible. With that in mind, it also a hectic at times specially when there quite a few commercial or residential auctions.
Pros
free lunches in the commercial dept.
Cons
no medical benefits and not a full time.
Different Vision Daily
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 2, 2014
There are allstars that work here... They are the best at what they do, they are the glue that keeps the company together. On the flip side there are road blockers, moochers, and dead weight that reside in the middle management positions that keep growth and innovation from happening.

The hardest part about the job is finding a way to break thru...

I have learned a ton here! That is the great thing about working with some of the best in their own perspective jobs... Virtually every task I have had has been cross-functional, and has helped me grow as a leader.

I have really enjoyed the challenges of the company and the problem solving situations I have been a part of.
Pros
industry leader with potential to democratize real estate sales
Cons
lack of steady vision

2.5