Auction.com Employee Reviews in United States

Worst company
customer service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 27, 2015
Do not work this company. They do not provide benefits, sick days, vacation even working 40 hours a week. They reduce hours without pay benefits . It is very politic and race cards. Hopefully they hire new management team. Not do what they say in their business. Lot of customer complaints.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no benefits, unorganized and management under stupid people
A work in progress
Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2016
The staff level employees are great and I met a lot of wonderful people during the time I worked there. Middle-management needs a lot of work. People tend to get promoted based on who they know or how long they've been there and not based on if they can handle the job. There is a big disconnect between staff level employees and upper management due to middle-management not reporting actual problems that are going on to cover themselves. There is a lot of favoritism and nepotism. Room for advancement is virtually impossible some departments do not let you leave to work in another department. I think executive level management really needs to sit down and talk to staff level employees to find out what is really going on because they would be shocked. During the time I was there I didn't encounter many people that were actually happy working there most people felt stuck and were very unhappy
Pros
Lots of great company swag
Cons
Major disconnect between executive level and staff level creating a lot of unhappy employees
Auction
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Love this, great experience, great people. I like being able to learn new things. each time is a new learning experience.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
only once a month
Fast Paced environment
Online Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2015
There is something new always happening within the company in a good way. New clients, new system updates, new processes.
Pros
Great Benefits, work shirts provided, employee appreciation luncheons
Adc
Contract Specialist - VIP Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2015
Good salary. Work life balance is average. Overall the company is a good company to work for within the Real Estate community.
Pros
Lots of company activities
Good place to work if you like your current position
Lead Contract Specialist of VIP Reporting (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Advancement is difficult at best. Almost never any openings. Bonuses are not based on your individual efforts for the most part. However, the atmosphere is great, co-workers always help one another. The work is always fast-paced, but almost never unbearable.
Pros
if you're full-time, health/vision/dental benefits are great, hours are consistent
Cons
hard to advance, constantly changing systems, unreachable goals for bonuses
High paced work environment with good pay and high risk.
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 17, 2013
On a busy day it is like stepping into a whirlwind. The challenge of auction day is exhilarating. The rules and policies can change from day to day to accommodate the sellers requirements and applicable law. I have learned strong customer service skills as well as the ability to remain fluid in my thinking and work habits. Management is a bit top heavy. My co-workers were smart and capable. I like almost everyone. The hardest part of the job is the fear of losing it. Auction.com has a high turn over rate of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment of doing your part in closing millions of dollars worth of real properties in a very short period of time, very satisfying.
Pros
good pay and benefits, free lunch on auction day. good workload(not too slow usually)
Cons
high turnover rate of employees, no toleration of any mistakes even small ones, use auction.com as a stepping stone or it will use you as one.
Scary Place to Work--Don't Expect Any Help
Director of Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2013
I was in a position where I relied on others for information, and it was like "pulling teeth". Rather than working together for the common good of the company, departments only help themselves.

The company hires a lot of former marines, who have this messed up work ethic that they try to apply to business.

Very Republican company with Republican values.

CEO and co-founder is paranoid ex-drunk. This transpires to his executive team, who are very afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing. Very passive-aggressive executive team.

The company is paranoid of scrutiny as its business practices are very suspect.

The longer-term employees are very threatend by new employees.

Positions are given and then taken away. SVP of marketing was demoted and then re-promoted, and then demoted.

Company does not honor Veteran's Day, MLK Day.

I was hired by the CEO while my boss was on vacation and had no knowledge of his former director's dismissal.

I could go on and on...please be very suspect of joining this company.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
beware! see above comments
A nice place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2012
It has been a nice place to work, in terms of culture and experience. Furthemore, it has potential for expanding into other areas. Travel distance is adequate given that there are two main freeways close by. Management is very helpful and committed to quality. Hours of work are also flexible. With that in mind, it also a hectic at times specially when there quite a few commercial or residential auctions.
Pros
free lunches in the commercial dept.
Cons
no medical benefits and not a full time.
good place
Buyer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2015
a typical day is spent at your desk calling a min of 50 a day. it is very very repetitive. very redundant! the management is a bit unorganized. the bonus guidelines at not clear. the work environment is relaxed. and the people are great.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
very redundant

Want to know more about Auction.com?

Ask a question
REO on site Coordinator responsibilities
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 23, 2014
The Job in many ways was very good. Pay and Benefits were fair. It was challenging working an hour from home. My direct supervisor was not very personable and sometimes made me feel uncomfortable. I was also treated as though I was not intelligent enough to complete some projects. She favored my co-worker over me much of the time. I would recommend People Skills training classes for my direct supervisor.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
supervisor
Great Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAJune 16, 2015
Auction.com is a great place to work. Management is changing for the better and we are definitely on a trajectory. Non-performers are weeded out quickly and the culture is great. A well established company with a start-up vibe, and many perks. Perks include free lunch, game room, and many learning opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches 3x weekly, game room, flex schedule
Cons
Little growth opportunities, equity only for heavy hitters
Horrible Work Environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 5, 2014
Where do i start….mid-level management is saturated with incompetent and selfish individuals that don't know a thing about communicating effectively with those they manage. And it seems like every manager is a "director" of some sort and guidelines and business practices became blurred and overlapping. Favoritism is blatant and obvious and the owners could care less about what's going beneath them. There's no formal training manual for most of the positions at this company and it's a battle just finding someone that's willing to effectively train you properly. The only enjoyable part about the job was when the workday actually ended. There is no job security at ADC and the business practices are suspect.

ADC is still laying off people left and right as we speak and the overall the culture and environment is very toxic. Stay away from Auction.com
Pros
decent pay and bonuses
Cons
short breaks, bad management, mlk holiday isn't observed
Interesting company
Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2015
Large scale company and it all depends on what your looking for. Great part time/flexible schedule for Auction manager, coordinator and concierge type roles. Difficult to advance/move up if you want to take it further. Most of the best full time jobs are in California, texas and new york.
Not a Healthy enviroment
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 21, 2015
Being hired with Auction is a short term employment not long term. Upper management did not care about their employees nor the long hours they stayed to complete the daily reports and work load.
Short and Sweet, great Pay
Short Sale Pre-Auction Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 6, 2014
Great opportunity for a such short period. Due to mortgage industry being unstable, was laid off. Enjoyed it while it lasted
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
laid off in a short period
good strong company
AUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 26, 2015
good, strong company model. People I work with are great. I like going to work and knowing I am helping the public get a little bit of happiness.
Productive and fun place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017March 3, 2014
A great place to learn from and grow within the real estate industry.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad managament
Excitement, Adventure, Hard Work and Push-Ups
Regional Manager - Southern California Auctions (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 11, 2012
We are an extremely thriving company with constant energy. Because we are growing rapidly we have regionalized our auction department. I currently am working as the Regional Manager over our Southern California Trustee auction area. In any typical day I may find myself in Norwalk, San Diego, Santa Barbara or Orange. We begin our ballroom auctions at 5:30 am from the bottom up, setting a theater style stage complete with a Live Auctioneer and energetic staff, all of which tear down by the end of each evening.

Flexibility and improvisation are learned traits in the auction business. Our auctions can be found at either local city courthouses and hotel or convention center ballrooms.

Run almost entirely by former marines, management of staff and events is concise and seamless. When obstacles occur we come together as a team to brainstorm solutions for current and future issues.

I consider my co-workers teammates in an every changing and active work environment. The employees that are part of my auction crew go above and beyond daily to execute their assigned auctions.

The hardest part of my current job is giving enough attention/assistance to the number of staff in the Southern California crew. There are approximately 100+ staff under my region, all of which have different schedule requirements, skillsets, training needs etc.

The most enjoyable part of my position is working with my team, all of whom give their all each and every day. Formerly, I worked as a high school teacher and truly enjoyed working with so many different personalities. I find it fascinating learning and
  more... adjusting to each person's unique training needs, as well as the different forms of encouragement and praise that motivate people.  less
Pros
travel, bonuses, 401k, recognition ceremonies, technology
Cons
hours worked, work environment
Not a good place to work for
REO Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 11, 2015
There is no room for advancement within the company. You would have to kiss a lot of butt cheek to move up. Management is horrible, company is a joke, all the executive want more money in there pocket and treated the little guy as dirt.
Pros
there is no pros for the company
Cons
every bad thing you can think of

2.5