Auction.com

Auction.com Employer Reviews

Great place to work! Friendly environment.
Asset Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: employees are always recognized for hard work and also rewarded!
Cons: staffing changes quarterly.
Auction.com is a great company to work for! It has been exciting watching and being a part of the company's growth. Processes are ever evolving for the better which can sometimes be tricky, but it is always for the better. Management has always been motivating and helpful. Employees within are of all types.
Great place to work.
Auction Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
Auction.com is a great place to work. They treat their employees well and they have provided me with some great opportunities over the last two years. I have traveled all over the United States for this company and have seen parts of the country I never would have otherwise. I have nothing bad to say about this company.
Vibrant energetic place to work
Technical Sourcer (Contract) - VIRTUAL/REMOTE (Current Employee), SEATTLE, WAJuly 14, 2014
loved working at Auction.com. Great team and management.
-Full Cycle, Sourcing and Recruiting for High Level Technical Positions including UI/UX Designers, JAVA, C++, PHP, JS, DBA’s, UI Designers, Technical Project Managers, Web Developers.
Industry without money
Event Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2014
At the time of hire, they were already failing in the market.
At the time of leaving, they had really failed the market as far as the Trustee Sales go.
Neat work environment. Exciting stuff happens every day!
Auction Manager / Qualifier / Trainer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 27, 2014
Pros: no "robot" work.
Cons: work yourself out of a job..
I really enjoy working for the company. There is rarely a dull moment.
A lot of travel, good management in the Northern California area
Auction Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 29, 2014
A normal day requires a person to travel to whatever county you may have an auction in that day. I learned a great deal with Auction.com such as, data processing, managing a large staff, excellent communication skills, and fine tuned customer service skills. Management in the Northern California area is the best in the company. When we were very busy – more... the hardest part of my job was being away from home for periods of time. Auction.com is the kind of job that makes you feel like you really accomplished something when you are done with a day of work. – less
Good Team Environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 11, 2014
While we all were aware of the downsizing ahead, everyone worked as a team to coach, guide and help one another. Our direct manager kept us informed and updated as much as possible of the future of the office.
Love this Job!!
Clerk/Contract Writer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: the experience!
Cons: only one day amonth
Wish I could work for Auction.com FULL TIME!!! Love the people SUPER fun!
REO on site Coordinator responsibilities
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee), Littleton, COApril 23, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: supervisor
The Job in many ways was very good. Pay and Benefits were fair. It was challenging working an hour from home. My direct supervisor was not very personable and sometimes made me feel uncomfortable. I was also treated as though I was not intelligent enough to complete some projects. She favored my co-worker over me much of the time. I would recommend – more... People Skills training classes for my direct supervisor. – less
Short and Sweet, great Pay
Short Sale Pre-Auction Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: laid off in a short period
Great opportunity for a such short period. Due to mortgage industry being unstable, was laid off. Enjoyed it while it lasted
Horrible Work Environment
Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: decent pay and bonuses
Cons: short breaks, bad management, mlk holiday isn't observed
Where do i start….mid-level management is saturated with incompetent and selfish individuals that don't know a thing about communicating effectively with those they manage. And it seems like every manager is a "director" of some sort and guidelines and business practices became blurred and overlapping. Favoritism is blatant and obvious and the owners – more... could care less about what's going beneath them. There's no formal training manual for most of the positions at this company and it's a battle just finding someone that's willing to effectively train you properly. The only enjoyable part about the job was when the workday actually ended. There is no job security at ADC and the business practices are suspect.

ADC is still laying off people left and right as we speak and the overall the culture and environment is very toxic. Stay away from Auction.com – less
Different Vision Daily
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: industry leader with potential to democratize real estate sales
Cons: lack of steady vision
There are allstars that work here... They are the best at what they do, they are the glue that keeps the company together. On the flip side there are road blockers, moochers, and dead weight that reside in the middle management positions that keep growth and innovation from happening.

The hardest part about the job is finding a way to break thru...

I – more... have learned a ton here! That is the great thing about working with some of the best in their own perspective jobs... Virtually every task I have had has been cross-functional, and has helped me grow as a leader.

I have really enjoyed the challenges of the company and the problem solving situations I have been a part of. – less
Good Luck
IT (Former Employee), IrvineMarch 9, 2014
Pros: company shrinking due to layoffs
Cons: management looking after them selves and will do anything to make themselves look good to the owners
Don't be fooled by the money and the car sales pitch. I worked in IT for 2 years and walked out and so did the person who had my job before me. Do your homework and ask around before you say yes.
Productive and fun place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NY 10017March 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bad managament
A great place to learn from and grow within the real estate industry.
Foreclosures
Contract writer (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Good job, part time work great peers very friendly co-workers, and or clients.
High paced work environment with good pay and high risk.
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits, free lunch on auction day. good workload(not too slow usually)
Cons: high turnover rate of employees, no toleration of any mistakes even small ones, use auction.com as a stepping stone or it will use you as one.
On a busy day it is like stepping into a whirlwind. The challenge of auction day is exhilarating. The rules and policies can change from day to day to accommodate the sellers requirements and applicable law. I have learned strong customer service skills as well as the ability to remain fluid in my thinking and work habits. Management is a bit top heavy. – more... My co-workers were smart and capable. I like almost everyone. The hardest part of the job is the fear of losing it. Auction.com has a high turn over rate of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment of doing your part in closing millions of dollars worth of real properties in a very short period of time, very satisfying. – less
Good Compnay
Sales (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 18, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: sit all day - limited breaks
Sit all day though - pushed the envelope with HR policies..??
Great place for someone starting out
Regional Manager (Current Employee), IrvineDecember 24, 2012
Pros: great pay, learning experience, flexibility, great people
Cons: long hours, inexperienced upper management
If you don't have much experience in real estate, this company is a great place to get your start, they're more than willing to take a chance on anyone.
Strict Environment
Loss Mitigation/Short Sale Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 24, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
Strict environment depending on the floor you work on. The best thing about this job were the co-workers. The hardest part was working management. Micro-management...
A nice place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunches in the commercial dept.
Cons: no medical benefits and not a full time.
It has been a nice place to work, in terms of culture and experience. Furthemore, it has potential for expanding into other areas. Travel distance is adequate given that there are two main freeways close by. Management is very helpful and committed to quality. Hours of work are also flexible. With that in mind, it also a hectic at times specially when – more... there quite a few commercial or residential auctions. – less