Auction.com Employee Reviews in United States

A work in progress
Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2016
The staff level employees are great and I met a lot of wonderful people during the time I worked there. Middle-management needs a lot of work. People tend to get promoted based on who they know or how long they've been there and not based on if they can handle the job. There is a big disconnect between staff level employees and upper management due to middle-management not reporting actual problems that are going on to cover themselves. There is a lot of favoritism and nepotism. Room for advancement is virtually impossible some departments do not let you leave to work in another department. I think executive level management really needs to sit down and talk to staff level employees to find out what is really going on because they would be shocked. During the time I was there I didn't encounter many people that were actually happy working there most people felt stuck and were very unhappy
Pros
Lots of great company swag
Cons
Major disconnect between executive level and staff level creating a lot of unhappy employees
Worst company
customer service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 27, 2015
Do not work this company. They do not provide benefits, sick days, vacation even working 40 hours a week. They reduce hours without pay benefits . It is very politic and race cards. Hopefully they hire new management team. Not do what they say in their business. Lot of customer complaints.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no benefits, unorganized and management under stupid people
good place
Buyer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2015
a typical day is spent at your desk calling a min of 50 a day. it is very very repetitive. very redundant! the management is a bit unorganized. the bonus guidelines at not clear. the work environment is relaxed. and the people are great.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
very redundant
good strong company
AUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 26, 2015
good, strong company model. People I work with are great. I like going to work and knowing I am helping the public get a little bit of happiness.
Interesting company
Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2015
Large scale company and it all depends on what your looking for. Great part time/flexible schedule for Auction manager, coordinator and concierge type roles. Difficult to advance/move up if you want to take it further. Most of the best full time jobs are in California, texas and new york.
Was a good company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Nice place, constant work, great coworkers, company was sold and is no longer an option for employment. Typical day was typically busy, very few surprises
Pros
experience
Auction
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Love this, great experience, great people. I like being able to learn new things. each time is a new learning experience.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
only once a month
Fast Paced environment
Online Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2015
There is something new always happening within the company in a good way. New clients, new system updates, new processes.
Pros
Great Benefits, work shirts provided, employee appreciation luncheons
Adc
Contract Specialist - VIP Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2015
Good salary. Work life balance is average. Overall the company is a good company to work for within the Real Estate community.
Pros
Lots of company activities
Fun Place to work
everyone is friendly
very good support team
great training
room for advancement
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAJune 16, 2015
Auction.com is a great place to work. Management is changing for the better and we are definitely on a trajectory. Non-performers are weeded out quickly and the culture is great. A well established company with a start-up vibe, and many perks. Perks include free lunch, game room, and many learning opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches 3x weekly, game room, flex schedule
Cons
Little growth opportunities, equity only for heavy hitters
Great company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2015
I loved working for Auction.com. They were great to their employees and provided a great work/life balance.

Highly recommend
Pros
work life balance
Cons
annual audit
Not a Healthy enviroment
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 21, 2015
Being hired with Auction is a short term employment not long term. Upper management did not care about their employees nor the long hours they stayed to complete the daily reports and work load.
Great place to work.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 23, 2015
I love working with people and helping them. I got to speak with people from all over the world.

What I learned is that it cost me nothing to me kind and pleasant to people. A lot of times our clients do not do their home work so to speak. Which meant al lot of questions I would have to go over with them. But the best feeling is when they understood and were happy I took time with them.
Pros
helping people.
Need of Improvement
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine CAMarch 18, 2015
This Company does a poor job at growing talent from within. Lacks motivation for employees to excel up in the Organization
Not a good place to work for
REO Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 11, 2015
There is no room for advancement within the company. You would have to kiss a lot of butt cheek to move up. Management is horrible, company is a joke, all the executive want more money in there pocket and treated the little guy as dirt.
Pros
there is no pros for the company
Cons
every bad thing you can think of
No Review
Portfolio Closing Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine CAFebruary 12, 2015
Not recommended for referral. No additional information can be provided. Located in Irvine, CA. Experience may vary by department. Company remains in transition since recent merger.
Good place to work if you like your current position
Lead Contract Specialist of VIP Reporting (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Advancement is difficult at best. Almost never any openings. Bonuses are not based on your individual efforts for the most part. However, the atmosphere is great, co-workers always help one another. The work is always fast-paced, but almost never unbearable.
Pros
if you're full-time, health/vision/dental benefits are great, hours are consistent
Cons
hard to advance, constantly changing systems, unreachable goals for bonuses
Great Pay !!
Bidder Qualifier/Contract Writer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Great Pay.Management is very poor. Company does not care for anyone. Hours very Flexible.
Great Side Job with lots of fun people
Contract Writer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 9, 2014
I work as a Contract Writer at the monthly Auctions in Georgia. I've been with the company for about a year, but have only done a handful of auctions. The people are amazing, very friendly and helpful. Everyone really works as a team and carries their own weight! You also start to grow attached to the county that you work in because you begin to learn and become friendly with the people who attend the auctions (most of the properties are bought by companies that attend every month).

The work is simple, but you do need to have an eye for detail. You are dealing with property transactions! Plenty of money that you will be handling. They hold training classes EVERY month the Saturday before the auction because it is crucial that no mistakes are made.

They have started using an iPad app to do the contracts. While I love them when it works there are still quite a few things that can make using them a pain (if it goes to sleep in the middle of the contract it can delete all the info you've entered).

As for the customers, like I said, they come every month. Some of them can be short with you and seem cold, but most of them are very friendly. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of them just come for social hour, lol! But they know what they are doing and don't play games about it, so make sure you listen well in training.

However, as a bad note when I first started I did one auction. Then was placed on standby for almost 6 months. I guess they over-hired when I was hired, but then after people started leaving I was able to work more. Now I'm an essential part of my county's team
  more... and doubt I will be placed on standby again. So be prepared for that possibility.

Another bad note, when I started the pay was $25/hour. Then it was moved to $20/hour with no notice except when my paycheck felt lighter. Pretty unprofessional.
Pros
fast and fun work environment., can easily skip a month if you have to. people are friendly and helpful., good pay for what you do., you can learn a lot about the real estate industry.
Cons
need to have your own transportation. the county you may work can be very far., can be placed on standby, and not notified til right before the auction., can have pay reduced without proper notification.