Auction.com Employee Reviews

Great place to work ...
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 19, 2017
It is a really great place to work. The COMPANY has a good vibe and I believe it is headed in the right direction. There are many perks working for this company.

I would highly recommend this company-great programs/opportunity to participate in the tech and real estate world.
Pros
Changing the way real estate is bought and sold, many more
Cons
rather than say
Friday Only Work
Auction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 5, 2017
I took this job because it demanded Friday only work. I liked that I could work close to home a few times a month. The constant changing expectations in process and sometimes management expectations were frustrating at times. That taught me flexibility.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Working outdoors in winter
Frustrating because they could be great!
C2C and Commercial Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 8, 2017
Culture is great the rest...not so much. No follow through. No leadership. Management is a revolving door. Company changes commission structure too often
Pros
Team outings, fun people, great office manager
Cons
revolving door, inconsistent management style
Excellent company to work for all around.
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 14, 2017
This company is by far the best company I have ever worked for. It is only part time but there are so many options available to learn and earn. Company is always available for you.
Pros
Great Pay and Benfits
Cons
Only part time
not a bad company
Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 2, 2017
Management needs more training, but pay is good if given the chance to work. Because of GA laws most of the work is out of town, so flexibility is a must.
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
Professional and success driven company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Everyone in the office is professional and driven. Our goals and challenges are similar in that we must work together and achieve endlessly. It can get a little dull and quite on some days, nonetheless there's always a gamplan, a task, and work to keep you busy.
Pros
many events
Productive. Forward thinking
Technical Sourcer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2016
Great culture overall. Casual. Fun. Collaborative. Open communication. Intelligent. Forward Thinking. Innovative. Pushing the limits of engineering the in the online housing market
A work in progress
Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2016
The staff level employees are great and I met a lot of wonderful people during the time I worked there. Middle-management needs a lot of work. People tend to get promoted based on who they know or how long they've been there and not based on if they can handle the job. There is a big disconnect between staff level employees and upper management due to middle-management not reporting actual problems that are going on to cover themselves. There is a lot of favoritism and nepotism. Room for advancement is virtually impossible some departments do not let you leave to work in another department. I think executive level management really needs to sit down and talk to staff level employees to find out what is really going on because they would be shocked. During the time I was there I didn't encounter many people that were actually happy working there most people felt stuck and were very unhappy
Pros
Lots of great company swag
Cons
Major disconnect between executive level and staff level creating a lot of unhappy employees
Worst company
customer service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 27, 2015
Do not work this company. They do not provide benefits, sick days, vacation even working 40 hours a week. They reduce hours without pay benefits . It is very politic and race cards. Hopefully they hire new management team. Not do what they say in their business. Lot of customer complaints.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no benefits, unorganized and management under stupid people
good place
Buyer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2015
a typical day is spent at your desk calling a min of 50 a day. it is very very repetitive. very redundant! the management is a bit unorganized. the bonus guidelines at not clear. the work environment is relaxed. and the people are great.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
very redundant
good strong company
AUCTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 26, 2015
good, strong company model. People I work with are great. I like going to work and knowing I am helping the public get a little bit of happiness.
Interesting company
Auction Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2015
Large scale company and it all depends on what your looking for. Great part time/flexible schedule for Auction manager, coordinator and concierge type roles. Difficult to advance/move up if you want to take it further. Most of the best full time jobs are in California, texas and new york.
Was a good company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Nice place, constant work, great coworkers, company was sold and is no longer an option for employment. Typical day was typically busy, very few surprises
Pros
experience
Auction
Auction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Love this, great experience, great people. I like being able to learn new things. each time is a new learning experience.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
only once a month
Fast Paced environment
Online Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2015
There is something new always happening within the company in a good way. New clients, new system updates, new processes.
Pros
Great Benefits, work shirts provided, employee appreciation luncheons
Adc
Contract Specialist - VIP Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2015
Good salary. Work life balance is average. Overall the company is a good company to work for within the Real Estate community.
Pros
Lots of company activities
Fun Place to work
everyone is friendly
very good support team
great training
room for advancement
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, CAJune 16, 2015
Auction.com is a great place to work. Management is changing for the better and we are definitely on a trajectory. Non-performers are weeded out quickly and the culture is great. A well established company with a start-up vibe, and many perks. Perks include free lunch, game room, and many learning opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches 3x weekly, game room, flex schedule
Cons
Little growth opportunities, equity only for heavy hitters
Great company to work for
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2015
I loved working for Auction.com. They were great to their employees and provided a great work/life balance.

Highly recommend
Pros
work life balance
Cons
annual audit
Not a Healthy enviroment
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 21, 2015
Being hired with Auction is a short term employment not long term. Upper management did not care about their employees nor the long hours they stayed to complete the daily reports and work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auction.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5