Auction.com

Auction.com United States Employee Reviews

Not a Healthy enviroment
Closing Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 21, 2015
Being hired with Auction is a short term employment not long term. Upper management did not care about their employees nor the long hours they stayed to complete the daily reports and work load.
Great place to work.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: helping people.
I love working with people and helping them. I got to speak with people from all over the world.

What I learned is that it cost me nothing to me kind and pleasant to people. A lot of times our clients do not do their home work so to speak. Which meant al lot of questions I would have to go over with them. But the best feeling is when they understood and were happy I took time with them.
Need of Improvement
Project Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine CAMarch 18, 2015
This Company does a poor job at growing talent from within. Lacks motivation for employees to excel up in the Organization
Not a good place to work for
REO Support Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: there is no pros for the company
Cons: every bad thing you can think of
There is no room for advancement within the company. You would have to kiss a lot of butt cheek to move up. Management is horrible, company is a joke, all the executive want more money in there pocket and treated the little guy as dirt.
No Review
Portfolio Closing Manager (Current Employee), Irvine CAFebruary 12, 2015
Not recommended for referral. No additional information can be provided. Located in Irvine, CA. Experience may vary by department. Company remains in transition since recent merger.
Good place to work if you like your current position
Lead Contract Specialist of VIP Reporting (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: if you're full-time, health/vision/dental benefits are great, hours are consistent
Cons: hard to advance, constantly changing systems, unreachable goals for bonuses
Advancement is difficult at best. Almost never any openings. Bonuses are not based on your individual efforts for the most part. However, the atmosphere is great, co-workers always help one another. The work is always fast-paced, but almost never unbearable.
Great Pay !!
Bidder Qualifier/Contract Writer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Great Pay.Management is very poor. Company does not care for anyone. Hours very Flexible.
Great Side Job with lots of fun people
Contract Writer (Current Employee), GeorgiaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: fast and fun work environment., can easily skip a month if you have to. people are friendly and helpful., good pay for what you do., you can learn a lot about the real estate industry.
Cons: need to have your own transportation. the county you may work can be very far., can be placed on standby, and not notified til right before the auction., can have pay reduced without proper notification.
I work as a Contract Writer at the monthly Auctions in Georgia. I've been with the company for about a year, but have only done a handful of auctions. The people are amazing, very friendly and helpful. Everyone really works as a team and carries their own weight! You also start to grow attached to the county that you work in because you begin to learn and become friendly with the people who attend the auctions (most of the properties are bought by companies that attend every month).

The work is simple, but you do need to have an eye for detail. You are dealing with property transactions! Plenty of money that you will be handling. They hold training classes EVERY month the Saturday before the auction because it is crucial that no mistakes are made.

They have started using an iPad app to do the contracts. While I love them when it works there are still quite a few things that can make using them a pain (if it goes to sleep in the middle of the contract it can delete all the info you've entered).

As for the customers, like I said, they come every month. Some of them can be short with you and seem cold, but most of them are very friendly. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of them just come for social hour, lol! But they know what they are doing and don't play games about it, so make sure you listen well in training.

However, as a bad note when I first started I did one auction. Then was placed on standby for almost 6 months. I guess they over-hired when I was hired, but then after people started leaving I was able to work more. Now I'm an essential part of my county's team and doubt I will be placed on standby again. So be prepared for that possibility.

Another bad note, when I started the pay was $25/hour. Then it was moved to $20/hour with no notice except when my paycheck felt lighter. Pretty unprofessional.
Great place to work! Friendly environment.
Asset Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: employees are always recognized for hard work and also rewarded!
Cons: staffing changes quarterly.
Auction.com is a great company to work for! It has been exciting watching and being a part of the company's growth. Processes are ever evolving for the better which can sometimes be tricky, but it is always for the better. Management has always been motivating and helpful. Employees within are of all types.
Great place to work.
Auction Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2014
Auction.com is a great place to work. They treat their employees well and they have provided me with some great opportunities over the last two years. I have traveled all over the United States for this company and have seen parts of the country I never would have otherwise. I have nothing bad to say about this company.
Vibrant energetic place to work
Technical Sourcer (Contract) - VIRTUAL/REMOTE (Current Employee), SEATTLE, WAJuly 14, 2014
loved working at Auction.com. Great team and management.
-Full Cycle, Sourcing and Recruiting for High Level Technical Positions including UI/UX Designers, JAVA, C++, PHP, JS, DBA’s, UI Designers, Technical Project Managers, Web Developers.
Industry without money
Event Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2014
At the time of hire, they were already failing in the market.
At the time of leaving, they had really failed the market as far as the Trustee Sales go.
Neat work environment. Exciting stuff happens every day!
Auction Manager / Qualifier / Trainer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 27, 2014
Pros: no "robot" work.
Cons: work yourself out of a job..
I really enjoy working for the company. There is rarely a dull moment.
A lot of travel, good management in the Northern California area
Auction Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 29, 2014
A normal day requires a person to travel to whatever county you may have an auction in that day. I learned a great deal with Auction.com such as, data processing, managing a large staff, excellent communication skills, and fine tuned customer service skills. Management in the Northern California area is the best in the company. When we were very busy the hardest part of my job was being away from home for periods of time. Auction.com is the kind of job that makes you feel like you really accomplished something when you are done with a day of work.
Good Team Environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 11, 2014
While we all were aware of the downsizing ahead, everyone worked as a team to coach, guide and help one another. Our direct manager kept us informed and updated as much as possible of the future of the office.
Love this Job!!
Clerk/Contract Writer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: the experience!
Cons: only one day amonth
Wish I could work for Auction.com FULL TIME!!! Love the people SUPER fun!
REO on site Coordinator responsibilities
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee), Littleton, COApril 23, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: supervisor
The Job in many ways was very good. Pay and Benefits were fair. It was challenging working an hour from home. My direct supervisor was not very personable and sometimes made me feel uncomfortable. I was also treated as though I was not intelligent enough to complete some projects. She favored my co-worker over me much of the time. I would recommend People Skills training classes for my direct supervisor.
Short and Sweet, great Pay
Short Sale Pre-Auction Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: laid off in a short period
Great opportunity for a such short period. Due to mortgage industry being unstable, was laid off. Enjoyed it while it lasted
Horrible Work Environment
Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: decent pay and bonuses
Cons: short breaks, bad management, mlk holiday isn't observed
Where do i start….mid-level management is saturated with incompetent and selfish individuals that don't know a thing about communicating effectively with those they manage. And it seems like every manager is a "director" of some sort and guidelines and business practices became blurred and overlapping. Favoritism is blatant and obvious and the owners could care less about what's going beneath them. There's no formal training manual for most of the positions at this company and it's a battle just finding someone that's willing to effectively train you properly. The only enjoyable part about the job was when the workday actually ended. There is no job security at ADC and the business practices are suspect.

ADC is still laying off people left and right as we speak and the overall the culture and environment is very toxic. Stay away from Auction.com
Different Vision Daily
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: industry leader with potential to democratize real estate sales
Cons: lack of steady vision
There are allstars that work here... They are the best at what they do, they are the glue that keeps the company together. On the flip side there are road blockers, moochers, and dead weight that reside in the middle management positions that keep growth and innovation from happening.

The hardest part about the job is finding a way to break thru...

I have learned a ton here! That is the great thing about working with some of the best in their own perspective jobs... Virtually every task I have had has been cross-functional, and has helped me grow as a leader.

I have really enjoyed the challenges of the company and the problem solving situations I have been a part of.

About Auction.com

The Nation's Leading Online Real Estate Market: -Residential, Commercial, Luxury homes -Multi-family and Hospitality Properties -Land -Performing – Read more

Auction.com Salaries