Audubon Engineering Employee Reviews

Fun working for a professional company.
Lead Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2017
On a typical day at Audubon, I would do some modeling, check some documents, coordinate with other Lead Designer, mentor a junior designer and do some QA/QC of documents.

I worked for the very best boss I have ever had. I learned to lead a project from him. I learned to estimate hours to do a project and how to manage changes and change orders.

The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines while the project was changing.

My last year at Audubon I had my own office and I really enjoyed that.
Pros
Super place to work with fun and professional co-workers.
Cons
Business downturn cut short a great job.
Work Experience
Sr. Right of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCNovember 21, 2016
Working for Audubon was intimidating. From the first day during the Orientation meeting it was mentioned several times that we would be
"fired" if you fail to turn in your contact reports on time, "fired" if you mess up writing checks, "fired" if you don't dress correctly. I have never in all my woking years felt so unappreciated from the get go. Everybody attending the Orientation meeting was flabbergasted and nervous going forward.
Professional organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Audubon was a wonderful company with a lot to offer but was badly hurt by the industry downturn. The owners did all they could but had to layoff a high percentage of staff in order to survive. Hopefully an upswing in the market brings them back to good working order
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Industry downturn has hurt them
Overview
Senior Electrical /Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Nice co-workers and great work environment. Nice location and the ability to receive positive assistance and helpful professions. Pay scale was very generous and outstanding benefits
I enjoyed working for them, but they no longer have a project for me.
Right Of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 25, 2016
Typical ROW agent day, can vary quite a bit. From contacting new or previously contacted land owners, to negotiating deals, to tracking down persons that other agents were not able to find.
Learned quite a bit about the ROW industry from the project with them, and moved into higher responsibilities than I was initially brought on for.
Co-workers were co-workers; can have a few you may not like, get a long with, or like how they work, but, most of them were just fine and you learn to deal with ones you do not like by brushing it off and staying on your tasks at hand.
Hardest part was dealing with stubborn land owners.
Most enjoyable was the opportunity to meet all sorts of new people, talk with them and build a good relationship.
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Audubon, however short it was. The company has a great mix of people working for it, all of them very knowledgeable in their field. Unfortunately, it has been severely affected by the downturn in the energy industry and has suffered massive layoffs over the past year.
Not a stable work environment
Project Support (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 24, 2016
There is a lack of communication between upper management and the employees. Management does not have the employees in mind when making daily decisions.
Piping Designer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
Exciting place to be employed. We worked well together and accomplished good things. Would work here again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Ran out of work
Audubon is a great place to work
Mechanical Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
I managed up to 45 piping designers and drafters in the 3 years and 8 months that I was there. We had a really good group of people and executed many projects successfully for many clients. Unfortunately with the downturn in oil prices, (as everywhere else) Audubon was force to reduce staff because of lack or projects. It would be a pleasure to return to Audubon in the same role or continue my career in the same position at another great place.
Pros
Great people and salary
Not a good Fit
Sr. Lead Pipeline Mapper/Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Great pay, great looking offices, great equipment...and fun people and culture. However, management and leadership are sorely lacking. Not enough Sr. Engineers employed here, too many young professionals with not enough experience to lead teams.
Engaging
Engineering/Estimating Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I was the engineering manager for an office of approx. 50 people. I was responsible for setting up the office, hiring all technical personnel and scheduling all work and budgets within the office. It was a multi-discipline office with a mixture of degreed engineers and seasoned designers. In addition to engineering efforts I was also over the estimating side of the office.
Excellent Company
Sr. Right of Way Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 16, 2016
The most professional company I have ever worked for in my 10 years career as a Professional Landman/Right of Way Agent...
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Selecting Experienced Crewchiefs with knowledge of all aspects of business.
Loved working for them until I got laid-off while being pregnant!
mechanical designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Loved the flexible work hours with core work hours where you could adjust your schedule for your family needs. Wished management would have prepared better so they could have kept more of us employees within down times. Job security - I never thought I would have lost my job 7 months pregnant with this company but I did. It has put a hardship on me and my growing family at the worst time. That is about as low as a company can go. Very disappointed in their decision. My design manager made my job culture very relaxed, very open door policy so I am very thankful for that.
Pros
Lots of company functions, good benefits, open door policy
Cons
lack of preparation for hard times, letting 50% of staffing go
Summary
MANAGER - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
Work time was pretty flexible and the benefits were above average. Biggest negative was company management and their envolvement in the operation of the company.
Pros
Flexible time and benefits
Cons
Management controls and envolvement.
Na
Instrument Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
It is a decent company to work for in the past, but due to the down turn of market place, the company is in reduced stage. I will recommend the company when the industry up ticks again in the future.
Pros
good training program
Cons
low booked works
Nice place to work; hope they survive.
Mechanical and Piping Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 12, 2015
Really enjoyed working here. The managing partners are very people-oriented and care very much about the lives of the people that work there. But the engineering services business is a tough place to compete for work, especially when oil prices are down. If you don't have a plan in place prior, you will be faced with tough decisions that you won't want to have to make. You have to have a strategy in which you understand who you are as a company, and how to sell your brand, or it doesn't matter how nice you are, you won't survive or grow.
Pros
Great personnel selection and culture
Cons
Needs to figure out how to plan for oil price volatility.
Good company over all.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Management did not have your back and were not in constant communication with client. No feed back from management to employees.
Great company to make hay while the sun shines
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time there and was proud of the work we were able to do.
I hope that things turn around soon for the great people still there and that the company continues to grow. Great work culture, but could do more on the personal development side. There was a great start, I hope they can continue.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tied to energy market
Great place to gain experience
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
Typical day started with meeting one on one with your lead which is good to make things personal and for feeling less like a number. Because of the small environment, deadlines can become cramped but you wanted to do all you could to meet said deadline. Plenty of training, free lunches and people that have advice to give.
Pros
Small groups, free lunches
Cons
Took longer than advertised to become permanent
Great place to gain experience and enjoy your work
Mechanical Pipe Drafter and Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Audubon was great at hands on learning and people took the time to show me effiecient ways to perform certain tasks. They were extremely encouraging about asking questions and never made you feel like there was a dumb question.
Pros
There's always somwhere to get free food. Great for when you first start and are in between checks
Cons
Lack of job security and difficult to get switched to permant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Audubon Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9