Audubon Engineering Employee Reviews

enjoyed my time there
Project Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this company, but due to the oil and gas downturn this company laid off workers, hopefully they are doing better now. and projects are going their way.
great place to work
Sr. Right of Way agent (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJanuary 31, 2018
The hardest part of the job is I live in Texas and the job was in Ohio. Being away from my family for that length of time. The company was fantastic.
was ok till 2012
Design Coordinator / Lead E/I Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Job was ok till about 2012 when the management tried to buy projects and win "unwinnable" projects. Not sure there is much more to say about them other than that.
Audubon is a small Engineering company
Project Buyer/ Expediter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Audubon is a fun place to work with fun people. Buyers and Expeditors all had offices which were great when talking to suppliers.
The environment was relaxing.
Pros
Fun and relaxing
Cons
Too small
Work atmosphere was alright
Mid-Level Electrical/Instrument Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
I worked there for a short time. I like the job and everyone was good to work with. I had a great lead designer to work with and I made a few friends working there. I enjoyed the design work a lot.
Good small company with potential
engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 14, 2017
Small growing company with a continuous work flow. Employees have a high interest in success without regards to their fellow employees, which resulted in a strained atmosphere.
Pros
Work hard and enjoy your successes
Great Company to work for
PDMS Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 3, 2017
Audubon has a lot to offer. Great work environment. Multi-discipline designers willing to work and learn together. Very challenging but rewarding projects to work on.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
not enough work
Productive place to work
Executive Receptionist / Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning; resource allocation; leadership; technique; production methods; coordination of people and resources.

English language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.

Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer need assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good company to work
Associate Electrical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Good company to work, good pay and good benefits. can learn a lot an a starting Engineer.
Sometimes work get stressful due to fast paced client scheduling and budget.
Professional organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Audubon was a wonderful company with a lot to offer but was badly hurt by the industry downturn. The owners did all they could but had to layoff a high percentage of staff in order to survive. Hopefully an upswing in the market brings them back to good working order
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Industry downturn has hurt them

Want to know more about Audubon Engineering?

Ask a question
Too Many Owners and Agendas
Senior SharePoint Architect / Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2017
2 words - Audubon Surprise
If you work there you will hear these words. They mean on any day having nothing to do with job performance you can walk into your office and be given the "surprise" - time for you to go.
Pros
Good co-workers, decent benefits, decent pay
Cons
too many owners with thier own agendas, no job security
Fun working for a professional company.
Lead Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2017
On a typical day at Audubon, I would do some modeling, check some documents, coordinate with other Lead Designer, mentor a junior designer and do some QA/QC of documents.

I worked for the very best boss I have ever had. I learned to lead a project from him. I learned to estimate hours to do a project and how to manage changes and change orders.

The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines while the project was changing.

My last year at Audubon I had my own office and I really enjoyed that.
Pros
Super place to work with fun and professional co-workers.
Cons
Business downturn cut short a great job.
Overview
Senior Electrical /Instrumentation Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Nice co-workers and great work environment. Nice location and the ability to receive positive assistance and helpful professions. Pay scale was very generous and outstanding benefits
Work Experience
Sr. Right of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCNovember 21, 2016
Working for Audubon was intimidating. From the first day during the Orientation meeting it was mentioned several times that we would be
"fired" if you fail to turn in your contact reports on time, "fired" if you mess up writing checks, "fired" if you don't dress correctly. I have never in all my woking years felt so unappreciated from the get go. Everybody attending the Orientation meeting was flabbergasted and nervous going forward.
Not a stable work environment
Project Support (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 24, 2016
There is a lack of communication between upper management and the employees. Management does not have the employees in mind when making daily decisions.
Piping Designer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
Exciting place to be employed. We worked well together and accomplished good things. Would work here again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Ran out of work
I enjoyed working for them, but they no longer have a project for me.
Right Of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 25, 2016
Typical ROW agent day, can vary quite a bit. From contacting new or previously contacted land owners, to negotiating deals, to tracking down persons that other agents were not able to find.
Learned quite a bit about the ROW industry from the project with them, and moved into higher responsibilities than I was initially brought on for.
Co-workers were co-workers; can have a few you may not like, get a long with, or like how they work, but, most of them were just fine and you learn to deal with ones you do not like by brushing it off and staying on your tasks at hand.
Hardest part was dealing with stubborn land owners.
Most enjoyable was the opportunity to meet all sorts of new people, talk with them and build a good relationship.
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Audubon, however short it was. The company has a great mix of people working for it, all of them very knowledgeable in their field. Unfortunately, it has been severely affected by the downturn in the energy industry and has suffered massive layoffs over the past year.
Not a good Fit
Sr. Lead Pipeline Mapper/Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Great pay, great looking offices, great equipment...and fun people and culture. However, management and leadership are sorely lacking. Not enough Sr. Engineers employed here, too many young professionals with not enough experience to lead teams.
Excellent Company
Sr. Right of Way Agent (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 16, 2016
The most professional company I have ever worked for in my 10 years career as a Professional Landman/Right of Way Agent...
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Selecting Experienced Crewchiefs with knowledge of all aspects of business.