Audubon Nature Institute Employee Reviews

fun place
Concessions/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70118October 11, 2017
Audubon Nature Institute was a pretty fun job. The lunch was free and the environment was relaxing. My supervisors really help adjust their schedule for me.
fun and stressful
Traindriver, tourguide,cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2017
the hardest part of the job is driving thru 10 thousand people but I love it. I learned to deal with problems I wouldn't have to in an ordinary day.
the hardest part is fighting for hours and dealing with problem customers the most enjoyable is working with kids.
Pros
ffree lunches, they work with you when you have Dr.s appt
Cons
25 min lunches sometime, not enough hours
Fun place to work with some really great people.
Primate Zoo Keeping Internship (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 1, 2017
I was able to learn a lot and grow as a person with my coworkers. The internship program set me up to gain other job opportunities. The animals were awesome and well taken care of.
Great Place!
Assistant Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2017
Audubon is a great place to work. They are doing great things and do well in helping preserve conservation efforts. A great job for someone who likes a fast paced work environment with lots of animals and guest.
Friendly, fun environment.
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 27, 2017
I loved working at Audubon Zoo because there were always new friendly faces everyday. I worked with kids who were always energetic and fun to be around with counselors who wanted to be there. The hardest part of the job was keeping 30 plus kids in check in the middle of a hot summer day with strangers all around you. The most enjoyable part was getting to see behind the scenes at a zoo with kids who were amazed and excited to see it themselves.
Pros
Fun activities, behaved children, free lunch (sometimes).
Cons
Hot weather, not enough staff, too many kids.
Supervisor position at Audubon
Special Events Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 21, 2017
Good job with decent benefits. Good environment and culture to be a part of. Opportunities to grow. Have to work holidays and weekends if full time...
Friendly Family Feel
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2017
Low pay but great atmosphere. Not much opportunity to advance. Old school mentality where you need to be at your desk to be considered as being productive.
Fun workplace
Concessions Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2017
Its a very fun and exciting work place but the manage have her picks and chooses. I would go back to work there since I heard she's leaving. I believe Things would be a lot better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Easy, strenuous labor
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 5, 2017
The daily tasks consisted of raking bunkers, cutting rough, fairways, tee boxes and greens, cutting cups, refilling water jugs around course, edging, and general labor.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Louisiana heat
Great Place to work in the summer.
Gift Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 11, 2017
great place to work in the summer or on weekends. Very friendly and teamwork oriented. Typical day at work was cleaning, merchandising, and selling toys from the gift shop. Hardest part of the job was maintaining a clean store while hundreds of kids ran around. The most enjoyable part seeing happy smiling faces and making new friends.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no breaks

Want to know more about Audubon Nature Institute?

Ask a question
Cool place to work
Gift Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 7, 2017
I had an overall positive experience at the zoo. The workers were very nice and helpful and it was easy to get along with everybody. The management was very back and forth which got tiring but overall I enjoyed my time there.
Team-oriented and caring workplace
Primate Department Intern, Audubon Zoo (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2017
As an intern, I did not receive compensation for my position, so I am not able to speak to that domain. However, I have had an enriching and productive experience working at the Audubon Zoo and deeply value the education and joy that came with every typical day at work! A greatly rewarding workplace.
Good working invironment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work for me is, walking in greeting everyone and heading to my stand. I get along with all my co-workers. When there's slow days we don't just sit around and do nothing, we clean our entire stand. I think my managers are pretty nice they work with you if you need something and they understand us. I don't really consider my job being hard. I catch on to things pretty quickly, so once I get the hang of things its all smooth.
Nice place to work
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 16, 2016
Nice place to work. Nice people , good benefits. Room for advancement. Flexible work schedule. Pay is ok. Place of peace of you enjoy working with people and animals. Always have some kind of event going on.
Pros
Nice place to work, nice benefits, very nice people
Cons
Working in catering if your a hourly employee the work hours or up and down
Experience at Audubon Nature Institute
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 1, 2016
Working at Audubon has allowed me the chance to learn many skills. Many training classes are offered to grow your knowledge in many aspects. Through my department I have gained many life long friends inside and outside of my department. The worst part about my job is the minimal chance for advancement.
Pros
benefits, environment, co-workers
Cons
limited advancement, very few pay raises
Great Place To Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 20, 2016
It's pretty cool to say I get to see all of nature and its beauty by simply going to work everyday. The daily interaction with guests is so diverse bcuz tourists come often & are amazed at how different facility is versus their own. The locals are always visiting which makes it easy to remember them & be personal. The staff is friendly & make sure to do their best to ensure a great experience for guaranteed returns.
Pros
Great Holiday Parties, Annual Free Passes, Free Entry
Cons
Slow Season Less Money To Earn, Never a Weekend Off
productive and fun place to work
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 10, 2016
the most memorable time I had working with Audubon. a guest try bring her dog in. and I explain to her that the dog couldn't come in the facility because we only aloud sericve dogs. on grounds and these dogs can sense when somethings not going right with the ower. so she ask for a manger I got her the manger and they explain the same thing and offer to take the dog in there office. while she enjoy the zoo she still wasn't happy that she had leave ha dog with us so she ask for a refund and send in a email.
Pros
chirstmas party
Cons
short breaks
Zoo Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2016
The animal staff were good considering it's a zoo. Unfortunately bureaucracy seems to have a good hold on the company. Progress is slow.
Pros
benefits are good, beautiful place to work
Ok 9:30-5 job.
Membership Sales Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans,LAJuly 23, 2016
I can say good things about Audubon but then I can say bad things. I worked in memberships a total of three months before I was fired for " job performance and other things" but since no one in memberships know how to keep their mouth closed I found out I was lied on by a co-worker about something that never happened. The worst part is management didn't even have the nerve to say what it was about they just said this and that. It was ok with work/life balance seeing we never went over 20 hours on average but guest services received 40+ every week and could get OT for events we had scheduled in. It was a pretty good job since we got paid to sit down basically.I would not apply or for membership unless you have someone to pay all your bills and you just need this money to have fun, but if you have bills and kids apply for GS and get your 4-5 days a week.
Easy Job
Member/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 19, 2016
It's a pretty easy job, the task you're assigned to are not hard at all. The only downfall is the management and there is no room to grow, what-so-ever.