Audubon Zoo Employee Reviews

Great place to visit!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 3, 2017
It's a great place to work for a teen in high school or college that's it. The co-workers doesn't work as a team. It's very hot and humid inside restaurants not a safe work environment. Audubon comes up with tons of money and doesn't take care of employees that actually works (which is a few). Concessions is the WORST part to work for as a teen you should try Guest Services! The mess and disrespect in concessions is awful! The managers are no better!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Heat in concessions!!
Education and Caring Environment
YOUTH VOLUNTEER/INTERN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 12, 2016
It is so much fun working with Audubon. There is always something new and exciting happening. The people, and animals, were great to work with!
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 15, 2016
From the time I walked in to when it was time to leave the environment was just great! Everyone was so friendly! The company and employees made this opportunity and experience worthwhile from the interview process to when I left to return to school.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New OrleansOctober 10, 2015
A typical work was always fun and exciting depending on the which co workers and managers that were there. Getting to meeting new people that may come to New Orleans and just want to check out our zoo was always fun. Sometimes it was struggle because we always couldn't make out what people was saying because of the different ancients.
good job
Arborist Groundsman / Asian Domain/ Hoofstock (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 12, 2015
a good place to work, not particularly cutting edge, or passionate but the pay is better than most non profits. somewhere between passion and paycheck
Pros
decent pay for a non-profit
Cons
not quite as intense of a sense of purpose
Very friendly place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 20, 2014
I started working at Audubon Zoo when I was 16 and kept the job for 10 years. It was a great first job and helped me become a more responsible person. Those working in management are very friendly and the co-workers are friendly too. I worked part-time, so it was easy for me to balance work and school and management was very understanding about as well. Working as part-time also meant that the pay was low and there were no benefits, but I still believe it to be a good first time job. The hardest part about the job is that it quickly becomes boring and it feels like you are doing nothing, but a few mindless tasks. However, it does give you the opportunity to work with others and gets you to interact with people on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly staff, interaction with others
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, gets boring fast
I love animals nice place to work
Gift Shop Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 14, 2013
A typical day includes interacting with customers. The co workers are awesome and so are the managers. I enjoy watching the animal shows
Productive and Exciting place of employment
Park Services Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 18, 2012
A typical workday was routine, never changed unless a co-worker was out. I learned my way around the area, management was very nice. Hardest part of the job was the smell but whats to be expected at a zoo. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all of the animals and meeting guest.
Pros
discounts at the restaurants, free entrance at all of audobons locations.
Cons
the heat