AUGSBURG COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Augsburg
Bonner Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 15, 2016
I enjoy the opportunity that Augsburg has provided me with to create a sense of stability and purpose within my life. The direction for a career has come to past as well through the work I've been allowed to participate in while involved at Augsburg.
easy
Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2016
this job was super easy. while I was in class I would just take notes from the session and then after class go and copy them in the school office. that's it!
Fun place to work
IT Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2016
A typical day would be to get to work, sit at my desk and look at tickets that are in the system and resolve them. Also answer phone calls and help students and faculty members with software related issues on their devices.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No breaks
I love Augsburg!!
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2016
As a student while performing as a supplemental instructor, I worked very closely with professors to learn first-hand the best approaches to teaching (without having to go through a standard teaching course). It was an awesome experience to be able to learn from the best in my field, and even opened other opportunities to conduct research in other institutions. Currently as an alum, I still have that strong network of support even throughout my post-graduate career, and currently I am still assisting in the Biopsychology Laboratory as a Assistant Principal Investigator; assisting the current students in the fundamentals of conducting empirical research and obtaining resources to help those students later in life.
good experience to expand my experience working with others
Finance and Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2016
I worked as a drop in tutor for courses of both the finance and accounting programs during the school year as well as one on one instruction for, finance, accounting, economics and MIS.
Relaxed work environment with predetermined goals
Ice Arena Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2016
Working for the Camps was a good experience in the way of teaching me management skills and face-to-face corroboration. It offered me opportunities to view and interact with professional people in a non-professional setting. The hardest part of the Job was maintaining work output of other employees when goals were met, and the hours where fairly sporadic with no compensation for working longer days.
Pros
paid lunch, good boss
Cons
poor compensation, no advancement
Great, supportive place to work as a current student
Student Worker, Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2016
Work was fast-paced and goal oriented while not being completely overwhelming. Solving problems in the department was the best thing about the job and getting to work on long-term projects was rewarding. The hardest part of the job was when lots of faculty had deadlines we had to help them meet at the same time but I learned to quickly prioritize many high-priority projects. I learned how the administrative side of organizations run and got to witness the change of the department through the actions of our Administrative Assistant and the other staff.
Pros
Flexible schedule around classes
Cons
Pay could be better
Great educational institution!
Assistant Director, Advancement Services (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2015
Augsburg College is an educational institution that believes in its mission of educating students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers and responsible leaders. With its stress towards the importance of a diverse population and its Scandinavian, Christian background, this is a great place to work!
Comfortable and relaxed setting
Janitorial/Custodian/Line cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2015
Coming to work was always exciting, I learned how to talk to customers using a mild and relax tone. My co-workers where always funny as well as helpful at the same time. The hardest part about my job was putting food away in the freezer I was always cold. I really enjoyed creating new daily specials for customers.
Pros
Getting to eat free lunch on my breaks
Cons
Co-workers calling in and having to fill there shift
its fun
Student Tutor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2016
nice management. it really enjoyable, friendly environment. one of the best place to work. The student and the stuff are really nice which makes working for Augsburg really fun.
Caring and Welcoming
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2016
Everyday I would come in and be assigned a task, either design a graphic poster or have daily business meeting with my co-workers. I worked part-time as I was currently attending college at the time.
Pros
Positivity, Comfortable Surroundings
Great Atmosphere
Assistant Athletic Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 30, 2015
Augsburg College is a great place to work and has amazing people working at the college. From ground zero to the top the people are easy going and great to work with. I'll never forget my time here!
Poor administration
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 7, 2015
The administrative board which regulates Augsburg College and consequently its employees is the most crippling factor to that institution. A place with good people as staff; but a place where those same people are bogged down by an administration which cant find money to support some of its basic functions. This administration can find money to promote people to vice presidencies whom then become board members and mutually assure that the president will not be removed and the cycle perpetuate itself but all other tasks and needs seemingly become too small for consideration
Pros
good departments with good people in them
Cons
administration of college
Challenging work environment, with continuous learning opportunities
Bonner Leader (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 1, 2014
Tasks consisted of data entry and personal guidance support through the College experience. It was essential to be timely, knowledgeable and have exceptional customer service skills. Creating a welcoming environment through personal interaction with guests, as well as appointment scheduling, time-keeping and busy phones. The more challenging aspect was organizing large numbers of people for group visits and daily activities. The hardest part was also the most enjoyable because I was able to put communication and public speaking skills into practice on a regular basis, as well as organizational skills.
Pros
hands on, challenging, variety
Cons
pay increases were minimal
Great work environment and customers to deal with
Ice Arena Supervisor/Zamboni Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2013
-Open up the ice arena, and get the ice ready for customers. Manage the athletic complex and on-going events.
-How to constructively help my workers perform their job to the next level
-How to develop successful relationships with customers, making their experience and time at Augsburg more enjoyable
-Driving the Zamboni has to be the most enjoyable part of my job, but the people I work with make my job great!
Awesome job for a college student
Grounds crew (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 16, 2014
During the school year, you basically make your own schedule which can be anytime from 6:30am-3:00pm. a typical day varies on what season it is. the duties of the job are general landscaping duties are cutting grass, watering plants, pulling weeds, shoveling snow and salting sidewalks in the winter
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long weekends in the winter
Good, small liberal arts college
Men and Women's Track and Field Coach, Jump Events (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2015
Augsburg College is a very good small school. It has a diverse student and staff population. Other coaches within the program are very passionate about the school and the success of their athletes.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Facilities
Open and welcoming work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2013
Come into a office setting where everyone is smiling and ready to start the day. Check the number of visits I have for the day because of the tour visits we have. After that the panels we have then find students to talk to the perspective students.
Pros
Environment, bagels and coffee for free, free t-shirts
Cons
can't control the dynamic of the tour
Team orientated work environment with communication and quick decision making being key.
Camps/Senior Keystone/Internship (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2013
A typical work day would be having morning meetings with various different organizations that we work with both on and off campus. Then we have our staff meeting which we go over the days tasks and big picture tasks.
Pros
Co-Workers, flexibility
Many opportunities
Augsburg Business Organization Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2013
So many different jobs are available to be able to find a good job that suits you. Most of the jobs are easy going and help young college students build skills that will help them when out of college. There are so many different positions available that it may be hard to choose which one(s) to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AUGSBURG COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5