AUGSBURG COLLEGE

AUGSBURG COLLEGE Employer Reviews

A small private Lutheran College
Student (Former Employee), MinneapolisDecember 4, 2013
A great school with a fantastic, caring, and invested faculty.
Open and welcoming work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2013
Pros: environment, bagels and coffee for free, free t-shirts
Cons: can't control the dynamic of the tour
Come into a office setting where everyone is smiling and ready to start the day. Check the number of visits I have for the day because of the tour visits we have. After that the panels we have then find students to talk to the perspective students.
Great place to work.
Men's Soccer Assistant Coach (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 14, 2013
Staff and culture are inspiring. Location is a plus, being just outside the heart of the city.
Many opportunities
Augsburg Business Organization Treasurer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2013
So many different jobs are available to be able to find a good job that suits you. Most of the jobs are easy going and help young college students build skills that will help them when out of college. There are so many different positions available that it may be hard to choose which one(s) to do.
Team orientated work environment with communication and quick decision making being key.
Camps/Senior Keystone/Internship (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: co-workers, flexibility
A typical work day would be having morning meetings with various different organizations that we work with both on and off campus. Then we have our staff meeting which we go over the days tasks and big picture tasks.
Creative thinking for different workouts for athlets
Weight Room Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 6, 2013
I loved being the assistant weight room coach and cleaning staff because it allowed me to work with all the different athletes at the college. I also was given as much time as I wanted to workout.
Great work environment and customers to deal with
Ice Arena Supervisor/Zamboni Driver (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2013
-Open up the ice arena, and get the ice ready for customers. Manage the athletic complex and on-going events.
-How to constructively help my workers perform their job to the next level
-How to develop successful relationships with customers, making their experience and time at Augsburg more enjoyable
-Driving the Zamboni has to be the most enjoyable – more... part of my job, but the people I work with make my job great! – less
Fun environment.
Event Staff Worker (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2013
Through Augsburg College I was able to set up events and watch them as well. The team that I was a part of made sure that the facilities were clean and up to par when the events took place.
Good working environment
Phonathon Caller (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: small
I work at Augsburg College as a Phonaton Caller and obtained various skills there such as, over phone communication, customer care, philanthropic skills.
Helping ESL students with homework for various classes taught me about how people learn
Volunteer tutor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 23, 2012
This was a volunteer position, which I held for the fall term of 2010 and at which I would typically put in 4-6 hours a week. ESL students from Minnesota Community and Technical College, the vast majority of them adult immigrants from various African countries, would come in for tutoring and homework help. Often I would help them with their writing – more... assignments by proofreading, offering criticism and advice, etc., though I also helped students with some math coursework. Students were enrolled in basic writing courses, world and local politics and sociology, and in some instances I helped them with case reports for psychology and social work classes. Usually they knew what they wanted to say, but had a hard time expressing it in the English language. It was very rewarding for me as an English student and a writer to help them express their thoughts and opinions clearly and articulately – less

About AUGSBURG COLLEGE

The Augsburg Mission Augsburg College educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and – Read more