AUGSBURG COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great Mission
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2017
Augsburg College (now Augsburg University) has a mission that those who work there really grab ahold of - this is a great thing. Unfortunately, the desire to 'do good' often outweighs planning, thoughtful financial management, and assessment of what is necessary and what is 'nice to do.' If Augsburg could focus on what's most important, it would have the resources it needs for its core work - educating a diverse group of students. Stick to the knitting and stop trying to do all things!
Pros
Great mission, great buy-in to mission, thoughtful hard working staff
Cons
Always short of finances, some students not fully served because of scarce resources, too much attention to non-value added
Tutoring Is Tutoring
Accounting/Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 1, 2017
Not much to say here. The rooms I got to do the tutoring were the right rooms for tutoring. The kids I tutored were mostly respectful and took instruction well. The pay was low, but I wasn't doing it for that.
Pros
Loose
Cons
Low pay
It was a stressful place to work.
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Accounting administrationSeptember 24, 2017
While the manager I had was good the person who she reported to and the presidents officer I.e the CFO, and Vice President and foundation leader were hard to work with. They were extremely demanding and very inconsiderate of the employees.
Pros
Decent benefits I guess and co workers were great
Cons
Upper management has zero consideration for the staff
Long time ago
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 3, 2017
Working at a college has its appeal. Lots of energy and cool people running around having a good time. educational benefits working as staff are very good.
Pros
Learning
Cons
generally lower wages
For sutdents
Resident Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 31, 2017
If you go to school there then it is good for you because you get a discount on living which makes schooling and life more simple. I tried commuting and it was hard.
Pros
Work close to campus
Cons
don't pay a lot
Help Desk Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 23, 2017
I would troubleshoot technology issues that students or faculty have around campus I learned a lot about customer services in this position and working with technology also taught me about patience.
Great university.
Associate Provost (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 26, 2017
A great institution. Augsburg is devoted to its students and to providing great learning experiences. It is a good place to work and to learn. New building scheduled to open in 2018.
My review
Minneapolis - Sports Medicine Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 23, 2017
this place was simply amazing to be apart of for four years. The job culture is very supportive, all of the people that you will meet here will become members of your close friends and family for your future life.
Great experience
Film student (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 17, 2017
It was also working with other students on making great film projects and learning the craft of filmmaking. I would recommend students going to the school.
Good
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2017
This was a volunteer project for Augsburg College. This effort was made to help bring awareness to the effects that cancer can have on families and offer some relief.
local non-profit college
International Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 10, 2017
Great school with opportunities to engage in local and global community issues. The Center for Global Education offers great study abroad programs focused on social justice issues.
N/a
Assistant Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 6, 2017
This position was for work-study. The management was great, and everyone that I worked with were extremely friendly. Can be faced paced and you deal with some angry individuals sometime.
Augsburg College
Director, Enterprise Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2017
Augusburg is a great college to work for. I found them fun to work for and the environment is very open and supportive. I would love to work there again if I had a change to do so.
About my workplace
DPS officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2017
A typical day at work consist or making rounds of the campus writing reports on varies issue. Watching surveillance cameras issuing parking tickets doing investigation on thefts and or assaults. Also I do a lot of community policing communicating with students staff and people around the Campus of the campus giving directions and building relationships with the community.
Pros
dealing with a diverse community and helping people
Cons
No growth
Awesome
MIS Tutor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2017
Being a tutor for Augsburg is great. The tutoring hours are very flexible and provides great experience for those seeking in becoming a professor or teacher.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Hands on exciting workspace
Student Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2017
Working in an exciting and fast pace environment provides lots of great opportunities to learn new skills. Working hand on with the athletes is allows you to get to know them and their needs well, forming a trusting relationship.
easy
Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2016
this job was super easy. while I was in class I would just take notes from the session and then after class go and copy them in the school office. that's it!
Augsburg
Bonner Leader (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 15, 2016
I enjoy the opportunity that Augsburg has provided me with to create a sense of stability and purpose within my life. The direction for a career has come to past as well through the work I've been allowed to participate in while involved at Augsburg.
Fun place to work
IT Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2016
A typical day would be to get to work, sit at my desk and look at tickets that are in the system and resolve them. Also answer phone calls and help students and faculty members with software related issues on their devices.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No breaks
good experience to expand my experience working with others
Finance and Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2016
I worked as a drop in tutor for courses of both the finance and accounting programs during the school year as well as one on one instruction for, finance, accounting, economics and MIS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AUGSBURG COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4