Established in 1932 by Robert Tyre Jones, Jr. and Clifford Roberts, Augusta National Golf Club is consistently recognized as one of the finest clubs in the world.
Augusta National Golf Club, home of the Masters Tournament, has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader and Director of Information Technology.
The primary responsibilities of the Director, Information Technology is to lead the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans for information technology and telecommunications activities while developing and fostering a customer-oriented information technology culture at Augusta National Golf Club.
Strategic Planning and Implementation of Augusta National Golf Club’s Information Technology Priorities
- Develop, execute, and direct the Club’s strategic and operational IT plans in terms of collecting, storing, and disseminating information.
- Integrate IT services and solutions across different departments and functions while addressing the unique requirements of each.
- Collaborate Club-wide to ensure the continuity and integration of all systems, applications, and data consistent with the Club’s strategic plans.
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures of the IT function and ensure alignment of IT strategy with the Club’s overall business strategy.
- Consult with the leadership team and department managers, to discuss opportunities for business value from IT, present new approaches for IT-enabled initiatives, identify user needs, resolve problems and discuss equipment/system changes.
- Grow collaborative relationships between the IT function and other departments and functions.
- Prioritize IT initiatives and develop appropriate justification along with a supporting detailed definition of capital investments, data requirements, and affected departmental processes.
- Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources, including hardware/software solutions to accomplish the Club's business objectives.
Lead Club’s Information Technology Function
- Provide leadership to the IT department.
- Determine the financial requirements of the IT function, propose the budget of the IT function, and oversee IT-related programs and projects across the Club.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the IT function.
- Design, establish, and maintain the Club’s network infrastructure for communications, maintain local and wide-area connectivity, and facilitate remote access.
- Provide technological guidance and offer recommendations throughout the Club.
- Oversee vendor contract negotiations for all new and recurring IT service contracts and software/hardware purchased throughout the Club.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to ANGC’s Corporate Affairs team in support of digital technology efforts related to the Masters Tournament.
- Minimum ten years’ IT leadership management experience, to include leadership roles
- BA/BS required, preferably in a technology or business-related area. Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Responsible for working with the management team and key users to continually understand current and future needs and opportunities.
- Oversees the technological design, development, implementation, and on-going maintenance of systems.
- Ensures maximum uptime and stability of ANGC’s computer systems and networks.
- Current knowledge and experience with a broad range of technology and communications platform systems, tools and applications.
- Proven track record of creative and cost-effective solutions to technology challenges.
- Ability to translate business goals into technology objectives with measurable value.
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure and produce measurable results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that help foster key relationships.
Work Schedule: Must be available for a varying work schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
To be considered for the Director of IT position, please complete an application via the link below to our website.
Resumes and cover letters may be attached to the application. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application via the website.
Indeed - 15 months ago