Augusta University Employee Reviews

The best place for cutting-edge research projects
Visiting Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Richmond County, GADecember 10, 2017
Augusta University is a great place to learn how to do research. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the achievement of successful results, and the collaboration with researchers and colleagues who belong to other countries and fields.
nevermind
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 5, 2017
I better not say, I need this job. I really rather not say. You can form your opinion from the feelings of fear of retaliation. I don't have much good to say overall.
Pros
Good retirement program
Cons
poor starting pay and raises
fair employment
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 22, 2017
was assigned to different areas. Learned how different areas operated and developed great repoir with my patients. Knowing I make a difference in the patients life means alot and was all that mattered to me was that they were comfortable
Cons
Different people who took over positions were not as accomodating as the previous coworkers
The operating room is good place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GANovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work, everyday was something different. I work at ASMP. The hardest part of this job is standing outside waiting to come in to work.
na
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 3, 2017
I was not satisfied with the work load and pay for Medical Assistants. Overall it was a great place to work. I do recommend going back but not under the same circumstances.
Cons
pay and lunches
Augusta University
Radiation Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 3, 2017
My job was only 5 months. Did not stay long enough to make a personal opinion. During that period of time I truly enjoyed working with cancer patients. I tried to uplift them while going thru a difficult time in their life.
Pros
My patients
Cons
Management not treating all employees equally
N/a
Senior Radiographer / Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 24, 2017
A typical day at work consist of covering the entire hospital for imaging purposes. The people are great to work with. The management could use some help.
Pros
Pto
AU Review
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 20, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Augusta University and would recommend this place of work to anyone. I have gained a lot of experience with budgeting and finance.
good
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 15, 2017
A typical good day is when everyone is working together/. The people at Augusta University is very nice and polite.
The working environmental is calm and exciting.
Manager of the Child Care Facility
Child Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 26, 2017
The working environment was great. This was the child care facility for the college campus. The children were well cared for by the College Work Study students.
Pros
Students could bring their children to the facility while they attended classes.
Cons
Students could leave their children a max of 4 hrs per day, Lab/class days parents made other arrangements child care
Lax workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 11, 2017
Both of my supervisors for my Research assistant position at the VA and my other one for the Graduate assistant position at AU hospital are both incredible people to work with but unless you meet people through connections, it is immensely difficult to find jobs and many of the other supervisors I could have worked with are very nonchalant and slow paced.
Pros
Fantastic bosses and learning many skills
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun coworkers, great teamwork, great pay, great learning opportunities
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 30, 2017
Augusta University Hospital is a big teaching facility that has a lot of working and learning opportunities. The pay is great compared to other hospitals in Augusta, Ga. Management is supportive of employees.
Pros
Free classes; potlucks!
Cons
No holiday pay
Great Place to Work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta State University, GAAugust 15, 2017
Typical clerical job. The pay is better than other part-time jobs. All of the employees are nice so its a great work environment. They work with your class schedule if you are a student.
Pros
EVerything is Great here
Cons
A great place for students to work while attending.
Senior Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 12, 2017
If a student can find one, I highly recommend a student job while attending college at Augusta University.

The hours are light, and the pay is minimum wage; however, they are very understanding to the life of a college student. During any downtime they expect that you have homework or reading to do rather than tedious work tasks that can wait until later. Their top priority for a student is the student's education. You are allowed to request time off for exam studying, and most offices expect you to request off the week before finals.

Student positions are never typically the difficult, and they even often lead you to gain experience in your field of major, such as tutoring. Management of these positions is done by someone in the office of that field as well, so they are open to your needs and requirements while having an understanding of your track.

The hardest part is actually finding an open position because these student jobs are very desired.
Pros
Part time, hours are built around your classes, complete homework on the job
Cons
Minimum wage, hard to find open positions
Transportation Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GaAugust 10, 2017
My time there was productive, I felt it was time for a career change. I felt the morality was low and it was poor management. I'm glad that I had a chance to meet different people with different cultures.
Productive and Challenging Work Place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 5, 2017
Being employed on any school campus takes a lot of dedication. As a Resident Assistant, you are responsible to fulfill office duties such as filing, providing paperwork, and answering calls/taking messages. Outside of hour in the office, you must provide inclusive programming for the students to address educational, social, and financial needs. Hardest part of the job is the time commitment. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the improvement of the student life experience and being able to meet their needs.
great place to work
MEDIA RELATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 2, 2017
great place to work and environment is conducive to success ... can be tough at times to handle disconnect between campuses but overall high standards are expected
Pros
small campus gives family-like feel
Cons
multiple campuses make transportation a headache
Experience
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAJuly 22, 2017
My position here gave me great office work experience. Enjoyed 12 paid holidays a year and awesome benefits.
Too many meetings and not enough training
No thanks
LPN (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 19, 2017
The job is not hard but occasionally busy. With the competitive pay, new employees do not stay. With training new employees and working could get overwhelming. Also, knowing you are training someone who will not work as hard as you and receiving increased wage is stressful.
nice part-time job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 6, 2017
Worked as a student teacher's assistant for 2 years. it was a fun and enjoyable experience, while helping out with student loans. Afterwards I worked as a researcher for a year based on grant pay. This was very good experience will help me in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Augusta University. Our community is ready to answer.