Augustana Care Employee Reviews

Understaffed with high turnover
RN, TCU, Apple Valley (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNNovember 16, 2017
Staffing has been an issue the whole time. Management was great at first but many left and now they seem to be trying to put it back together again. The benefits package is great though.
Pros
Benefit package is great
Cons
Short staffed
Fast-pace and demanding working environment
PCA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 1, 2017
It has een great working for this company so far . I only wish there were more hours available in your home block. This position as many challenging and demanding duties.
Pros
The Pay, management is understanding, residents are friendly
Cons
Hours and attitudes
Corporate Office Did Not Give A S**t
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COOctober 22, 2017
Worked in Evergreen CO ALF Elk Run. 24/7 On call, no back up, no training, no support from Corporate, residents were NOT ASSISTED LIVING, more like LONG TERM CARE. Very unorganized, highly demanding company to work for...never again!
Pros
Residents are lovely...
Cons
no breaks, long hours, no backup from corporate, heavy residents in "assisted living", on call 24/7, short staffed every day...
Long term depending on you job title
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2017
I liked working in my position as lead maintenance. I was able to learn and also teach. I got along with the staff and the residents of the building loved me and it showed.
Benefits
need enproofment in work relationship
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 4, 2017
Working at Aisgistana was a very interesting it was a friendly environment and warm friendly relationships between the residents ,staff and family members.
Pros
Noon that I know or remember.
Cons
Noon
Loving family oriented company
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Augustana has amazing management who work hard for their patients and staff. They are welcoming and continually making advancements in the medical community to further serve their patients to the best of their ability
Pros
employee recognition programs
Cons
Heavy care loads at times
October 5, 2017

Thank you for your thoughts and for taking the time to share them! Augustana Care is proud of its clinical team, as serving patients and residents is our priority. If you have any concerns, we do hope you will reach out directly to us at info@augustanacare.org so we can address them.

Great diversity
RN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2017
"I like the diversity of this company. I'm from a different background and I think that it makes a huge difference, I feel comfortable and happy. I look forward to the positive environment, respect and teamwork as a floor nurse."
October 5, 2017

We so appreciate your thoughts and feel truly lucky to be an employer with a diverse workforce! Thank you for choosing to work at Augustana Care.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Not a good place to work!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, MNAugust 17, 2017
DO NOT!!! Work in Victoria, MN!!!!! Employees are mean bullies!!!! If you like to be treated like a coworkers little B*TCH go for it. Felt like I was in highschool!!!
August 18, 2017

While we were not aware of your feelings until we read this review, we value employees very highly and would love to reach out to you directly to discuss your experience. Can you please contact us at info@augustanacare.org?

Student
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJune 29, 2017
I worked at Augustana for part of a clinical rotation of nursing school. Depending on the day there seemed to be a fair amount of teamwork and the staff seemed competant.
August 22, 2017

Augustana Care greatly appreciates your review and loves hosting students such as yourself. In fact, we learn at least as much from our students as they do while they are here!

The people make the job..
DIETARY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2017
Most days are like other.But when it gets bad it get's bad.being able to help the residents that are in their later years makes up for it..The management is 50/50 at best..
August 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. Augustana Care agrees that residents are the reason we are here and we are truly honored to serve them. If you are encountering issues, we hope you will contact us directly to discuss, as we would love to help you. Please send your thoughts to us at info@augustanacare.org.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Very big facility nice and clean place to work
TMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNApril 27, 2017
the work was great, love the residents and great co-workers to work with very good team work environment, one thing i didn't like was some of the nurses had a tendency to talk down to CNA's and TMA's thats why i left.
Pros
many places to eat in the building and grounds
Cons
very strict attendance policies 7 points system
August 22, 2017

We are so happy to hear you thought residents and co-workers were great and praise the team work you encountered at Augustana Care. We hope you will consider returning and would like to hear more about your experience in person. Can you please contact us at info@augustanacare.org?

Overall Summary
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2017
My day would start with greeting residence and employees what i learned is that i really liked caring for people and always smile i like the management because they always work with each other to find out what need to to done the workplace culture was christian base the hardest part of the job was not to take the work home with me and the best part of the job was i love what im doing for work.
Pros
helping residents
May 2, 2017

We greatly appreciate this review of your experience at Augustana Care, and are happy to learn how much you love your job! We believe work-life balance is extremely important, so please contact your immediate supervisor if you need assistance in any way.

Fun working with seniors and serving them
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 18, 2017
This is my first official job and when I first started, I thought to myself even if I don't have the experience I can do this job. As I keep working, I was having fun and building relationship with all the people working there and the seniors.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dinner, getting to know Seniors, Employees, Employer, and fun working there
March 20, 2017

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you chose to work at Augustana Care! It’s wonderful to know you are having fun and that you enjoy getting to know residents and other staff members.

Wonderful Place!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNMarch 1, 2017
Augustana is a wonderful place to work! I remember when I graduated from nursing school I wanted a hospital job so bad. I told myself that there was no way I would ever allow myself to work in a nursing home. Well, little did I know, it would become a job I loved! When Augustana first hired me, I figured I would give it a try. I told myself I would get my year of experience and then head off to find a job at the hospital. Well, needless to say, I have been here almost 6 years and I absolutely love it! The residents are so wonderful. The staff are extremely caring and respectful of the residents. The management is amazing. The DON and Administrator are always available for any questions/concerns. You never feel like your concerns aren't being addressed. Management is easy to talk to, approachable and easy to work with. They truly work as a team and that makes coming to work every day a blessing! I absolutely love my job here and would highly recommend Augustana!! I give Augustana two thumbs up!! :)
March 17, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your story! It's wonderful to know that you chose to stay at Augustana Care and pursue a career here. We also appreciate your thoughts on management and the dedication of the Administrator and Director of Nursing at our Hastings campus. Thank you, once again, for your recommendation.

Great place to work!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNFebruary 28, 2017
Augustana is a great company to work for! They are mission/Christian based and truly care about the residents and staff. After years of working in LTC, I have found 'home' with Augustana where I am continuously proud to say I work for them. I would not hesitate to recommend
Pros
Family-like atmosphere
March 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your comment. Augustana Care is also proud that you have chosen to work with us and that you have found a home. Our mission is exemplified by the dedication of staff members who give so much of themselves to residents.
Michael, VP of Human Resources

Horrible place, the environment & culture is very poor!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNFebruary 16, 2017
Run, do not apply. The other nurses have very little experience, theyre all just graduated from school, the environment is very clique-y, high schoolish & unproffesional. Turnover is ridiculous!!! Workload is unrealistic and they will pressure you to clock out but keep working. Save your sanity and go work anywhere but here.
March 1, 2017

We are truly sorry that you feel this way! We have had many positive reviews of our Hastings campus but would very much like to learn more about your situation to gain more understanding about your feelings. We hope you will reach out to us directly and contact us at info@augustanacare.org.

Nursing
LPN-RN (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 27, 2017
Augustana chapel view - Best place to work. welcoming, clean environment, management that cares about their employee . I gained a lot of experience from being CNA-TMA LPN then RN to RN supervisor. flexible hours.
Not a fun place at all
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Went to apply and the people who interviewed me were rude starred at me the whole time made me very uncomfortable as if there were judging me on looks or something it was very short and blunt. Would not work here with such people! They got up to leave and walked right in front of me as if I wasn;t even there
March 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. Augustana Care has great respect for employees and is very grateful for the exceptional work they do. We would like to invite you to reach out to us directly to share more of your experience so we may gain a better understanding of what happened. Can you please contact us at info@augustanacare.org as soon as time permits?

wouldn't recommend
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Mandate you to stay, short staffed a lot. Management is not very respectful and don't treat there staff well. It would be nice if they told you that you were doing a good job every once in a while.
August 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing this review. Augustana Care is deeply committed to being an employee of choice for staff members. We would like to learn more about your experience and would truly appreciate it if you would be comfortable enough to reach out to us directly? Please contact us at info@augustanacare.org.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

great family friendly place to work for
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 15, 2016
When staffing is great the work day is a breeze. staff is like one big family. I've learned that they really care for there customers and staff. hardest part of working is working short sometimes, but you find that everywhere. good kind friendly people
March 1, 2017

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. Augustana Care strives to make every employee feel like family and truly appreciates and values the dedication of our staff.
--Michael, VP of Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Augustana Care. Our community is ready to answer.