Working within the North America Accounting Team, the Associate Accounting Manager will be responsible analyzing and recording financial activity in the general ledger, answering general ledger related questions from the field, supporting Corporate Accounting in external reporting and technical accounting guidance as well as special projects. The objective is to produce accurate financial statements with the ability to answer questions related to those financial statements.
This position will include several responsibilities, including, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the monthly closing of various general ledger accounts. This individual will also assist other team members as the need arises
- Lead accounting, reporting and compliance functions related to North America revenue operations
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, develops and implements projects and programs to assist in the accomplishment of established goals
- Manages multiple projects in an effective and efficient manner.
- Will be a key participant in the quarterly and annual audit, as well as, the annual tax package and SEC schedules
- Perform technical accounting research, including the updating and creation of white papers
- Communicate effectively with senior management and other departments to boost information-sharing and teamwork; Provide research and reporting to aid in executive presentations and delivery
- Establish and foster relationships throughout all levels of finance organization
- Manage team of two to three staff/sr. level accountants
- Additional projects/job-related duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting/Finance required; CPA Preferred
- 5-7 years Accounting / Finance experience in a management/leadership role (Public Accounting with Big 4 preferred)
- Strong aptitude for financial systems (Oracle a plus) and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- This company is very fast-paced so candidates must be energetic self starters that are excellent with multi-tasking and having several projects and deadlines to meet all at the same time.
- Must have the ability to plan, set objectives and goals, prioritize, measure performance, provide direction and meet deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work under constant deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues with innovative solutions
- High level of integrity and ethical behavior while proactively addressing issues and implementing best practices continuously.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and develop an action plan
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Employee must be able to work extended hours during peak times of the month/quarter
- Employee must be able to travel 10%
Augustine was founded in the mid 1990's and quickly became a market leader in the recruitment process outsourcing space. Today ... our...