Augustine Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work at.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 18, 2015
Get to meet people everyday. A friendly working atmosphere. My typical day began with greeting guests to establishment, helping them with any special needs and advertising any ongoing promotions.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Working out in the open.
Always interacting with different customers.
Customer Service Representative/Gift (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 4, 2015
I worked ten years for this company. Interacting with different people everyday made it a fun enviroment. I learned to deal with different personalities from the guest that attended the casino. I always had a very positive relationship with my managers and supervisors, I rarely had any complains regarding my work. The hardest part for me everyday was dealing with the second hand smoke. One thing I enjoy the most about working for this company was having an awesome group of coe-workers.
Pros
fun working enviroment
Cons
Learning to deal with the smoke when you are not a smoker
Very good evironment to work around
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Very good friendly people to work around team work is enfisized alot, room to move up. Lots of opportunities for improvement.
Pros
room for advancement
Great people all around to work with
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CaJuly 30, 2014
I enjoyed going in to work everyday as i was treated very well with respect for myself & my job done
Fun place to work, diversity of people made it interesting.
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day included being on the casino floor and answering various radio calls. I was able to learn about table games and the way the slots machines operated. Overall the management left a lot to be desired, It often appeared they were there to collect a paycheck and often their favorite people got promoted or less favorite were let go. Personally the hardest part of the job was finding enough to do to keep me busy for 10 hours. The most enjoyable was the people, both coworkers and the customers.
Pros
free food.
Cons
short breaks, no retirement
Exciting view from a different angle
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 17, 2013
Surveillance in at Augustine Casino is all digital. Agents are required to monitor hundreds of cameras and multiple display screens to protect the Casino assets. The Surveillance Department is overseen by the Augustine Gaming Commission and works closely with our staff in all aspects of the Casino floor. One of the challenges of this type of job is learning all of the casino games, payouts, transactions, etc. Not to mention, all of the equipment involved in that process. Comfortable work environment.
Pros
great equipment and management
Cons
often times work alone for long periods of time
Fun place to work
count room clerk (Former Employee) –  coachella, caSeptember 12, 2013
typical day at work is a very simple and fastpace it starts very early in the morning and it ends in also in the morning. What I have learned is that you get up early and try to work fast as you can also try to be focused. My management are very understanding also my co-workers just mind there business the hardest part of the jobs is when you need to pick up the 8 stackers and put them in the cart the enjoyable part is when we get together as a team.
Routine does not exists at Augustine Casino
Security Relief Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coachella, CAMay 10, 2013
Meeting a lot of new people which helps to understand the diversity of ethnicity which helps you how to react when approaching. my management helps me with growing whiting the company. As far with co workers there is a lot of communication within us. The worst part is to back up another department when they had say no to a guest and I have to enforce it because I work in Security. The most rewarding part of my job is helping people when they are looking for help and I'm able to help them.
Pros
i eat for free and the enviroment
Cons
no 401k and healt insurance is expensive
Fun and exciting place to work
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CASeptember 15, 2012
Very comfortable working at the casino, and my coworkers were the best part of working there.