Aultman Hospital

Aultman Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Well respected community organization
Registered Nurse - Emergency Room (Current Employee), Canton, OHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good work culture with extrodinary teamwork
I have been employed at Aultman Hospital for the past 17 years. I am proud of being employed in a well respected community organization. I have been in many roles within my current employment as an emergency room nurse. I enjoy the variety that each day will bring and I also enjoy taking care of people of all ages. A typical day at work is busy and demanding with a large volume and situations that can change at any minute. There is a good sense of teamwork within the department that I am currently employed in. I have also been involved in many organizational based committees. I am a preceptor and mentor to new employees. I also have certifications in Stroke, TNCC, ACLS, PALS, BLS.
Great people and culture of helping others
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Canton, OHMarch 23, 2015
This community based organization is dedicated to providing superb care to the residents and patients. There are lots of opportunity for growth within the organization. The employees treat each other like family.
Security (Current Employee), Canton, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: short breaks
Everyday is different. There are always different scenarios in working in the medical field. The management is great, everyone works together.
Do NOT work there, you will REGRET it
RN (Former Employee), Canton, OhioFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: management, no breaks
This company has poor management. Too many employees in management, less at the bedside. Bedside nurses are worked hard to a point your license is in danger. Management does not care about staff concerns or patient safety. Despite evidence based research regarding safe staffing ratios this company has their own set of numbers, that will not be adjusted, despite staff concerns about patients safety. The only people who suffer are the patients.
great sense of cohesion among coworkers-team nursing
RN, circulating nurse/scrub nurse (Current Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Most days are fast paced, doing many surgeries throughout the day. I've learned a lot here. I have learned all aspects of two different roles in the OR with each one making you better at the other. Management could use some improvement, but is acceptable. My coworkers are hard working dedicated professionals that work hard as a team to provide the best patient care possible. The hardest part of my job is running on a short staff. This makes for added stress. The most enjoyable part is that I take care of one patient at a time. Thus, I feel confident that I am providing the best care possible. They have all my time and attention.
Great Place to work in general.
Porter (Former Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 31, 2015
I liked everything at Aultman other than the rate of pay. The benefits were great and so was everyone I worked with. I was not overworked at Aultman and had plenty of paid time off accrued when I left.
Very nice place to work!
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Management always gives feedback and co-workers are friendly and considerate.
Poor Management
Quality control (Former Employee), Canton, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: helps to pay some of your bills
Cons: poor wages, horrible work condition, little room for advancement
It was just a job, some thing to hold on to until i find something better. very little advancement and poor benefits
Great place
Nurse (Former Employee), Canton, OHNovember 25, 2014
Great place to work. Amazing staff and ancillary services. Most difficult part of job was the high aquity of patients on the step down unit.
Decent place to work...
Environmental Services/Porter (Current Employee), Canton, OHSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: decent health insurance, 3rd party company discounts (verizon wireless, at&t, etc), free employee fitness center open 24/7/365
Cons: some departments can be very micromanaged, lack of communication from unit directors to their departments, lack of (or broken) equipment, no real opportunities for advancements
Overall it's a decent place to work. The biggest reason these days for me personally to work here is the cheap insurance. As a part time employee, I pay roughly $80/mo for my policy (which also includes my son) while my wife with a very similar plan (works somewhere different but her company use Aultman's insurance) pays almost double that for just herself. To be honest, I was incredibly excited when I got an interview here and eventually hired. That, however, as changed. At least in my department, I've seen unnecessary management changes (unnecessary managers are starting to outnumber the actual department staff) and strict grips on the budget with hopes of getting a nice bonus at the end of the year if they still below budget. Meanwhile, we work with a thin, skeleton crew on a daily basis with broken equipment.

Overall, it depends where an individual places their emphasis and value. If you're in college or planning on attending, it can be a great part time college job especially with their tuition reimbursement program. The insurance is (from what I've heard from numerous other friends/family) the best around and the cheapest for employees and their families. There are numerous employee discounts available as well...Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Cedar Point tickets just to name a few. However, if you're looking to just use the old as time method and "get your foot in the door, work hard, and move up", this probably isn't the best opportunity for that without years of essential networking with numerous directors, VPs, etc. "It's not about how hard you work, it's about who you know."
A great place to start
Medical-Surgical Nurse (Former Employee), Canton, OHJune 26, 2014
Pros: good strong teamwork on the off shifts
Cons: difficult to move up. turnover was rather low. (not necessarily a con).
Aultman was a great place to learn how to manage time and work as a part of a team. Aultman effectively taught me how to be a Registered Nurse. School taught me the basics but my job on the busiest med-surg floor in the hospital taught me the rest.
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Canton, OHJune 9, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: sick to stomach to go to work because of tech specialist
Good job the most unprofessional bosses I've ever had work every other weekend don't get benefits for working full time
Fast Paced
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee), Canton OHApril 4, 2014
I like the job, but no room for advancement. I would like to work first shift someday, but I'm have no seniority. I would like to move on to a hospital where I can move to first shift in the future.
This was my Level 2 feild work experience
Fieldwork Level 2 (Former Employee), Canton, OHMarch 25, 2014
I really enjoyed working in this facility. I prepared and presented group activities appropriate to, and meeting the requirments of the patients.
New Nurse Learning Experience
Registered Nurse BSN (Former Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 18, 2014
Started at Aultman as a new nurse in the neuro/spinal floor and stayed there for the first 2 years then moved into the Critical Care Float Pool. In the Float Pool I learned much of being a nurse in many different areas and enjoyed my job.
Traditional health care environment.
Process Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee), Canton, OhioJanuary 3, 2014
Traditional health care environment. Stable workplace but not very progressive or concerned with career development/advancement.
One of THE nieces places to work
RN under supervision (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 22, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, close parking
Cons: none found
Very friendly staff . Extremely provisional and caring staff.
Aide
Kitchen Aide (Intern) (Former Employee), CantonOctober 20, 2013
I made beds and pass out ice for the elder.. And sometimes I would chat with them in there rooms or kitchen where they ated.
Great benifits
Lab (Former Employee), Canton ohioOctober 14, 2013
Pros: pay, my coworkers andmedical insurance was affordable.
Cons: had to use the employee pharmacy for the best drug coverage, which had poor hours and coast more than target.
Like all places it's not perfect, but it was a good place to work. The pay and benifits are above average. Management was a little disconnected from worker bees like myself but I think that's probable at every company.
Fun work place
Phlebotomist / Medical Technician (Former Employee), Canton, OHSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches at mobiles at times, flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks at times, or short lunches, no family time at home
Loved working with people, being a little independent in the work place by doing blood draws in the blood mobiles. I learned how to manage people in the worse way, when they are grumpy or rude. Management was not the greatest. Lack of communication was a great ordeal when working as a phlebotomist. My co-workers were wonderful. We all got a long like a family, it was nice to say they were like my second family. The hardest part of the job was having to watch and take care of reactions that came along with blood donations. I did learn not to get over anxious when donors would seize, throw up, or even urinated on themselves. It was scary to see, but I worked through them. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and talking with wonderful people and building relationships with co-workers, we always knew how to have fun at appropriate times. I will always miss them and they will always be in contact with me throughout my life.

About Aultman Hospital

The Aultman Health Foundation provides health care and health insurance in Ohio's Stark County. The health organization operates – Read more