We are a mobile application development company who is looking to hire an experienced web application developer. Unlike most other mobile application development companies, we’re focused on mobile web technologies as we believe developing for the open web has superior and longer lasting value for our clients and their customers than developing applications for closed ecosystems. Our goal is simple: to build and deliver best in class mobile web applications using the latest design techniques and technologies.
Since we are a small but growing company, you will have the opportunity to determine and influence development flows, tool kits and infrastructure decisions. Your primary areas of focus will be server side technologies using PHP, database architecture using MySQL, and setting up server environments, but there will be plenty of opportunity to dabble in the front-end. You will also have the opportunity to work with customers, participate in the product development process, and learn about the day-to-day operations of the business. In other words, you’ll get to work across many different job roles and functions.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong product portfolio of web application development demonstrating your mastery of server side, database, and front-end technologies.
- A passion about everything mobile and creating interactive, best in class mobile web applications
- An interest in working with customers to help them understand the value of a strong mobile presence and the trade-offs & challenges of developing web applications for small, touchscreen devices
- A desire to experience the excitement and chaos that surrounds a technology startup and to overcome the obstacles it faces on the road to success
- An eagerness to learn and an open mind toward new frameworks and coding techniques
If you are interested in the excitement and chaos of a technology startup, are passionate about mobile, and want to be an integral part of growing a business in the fast-paced mobile industry, then this opportunity is for you!
Desired Skills & Experience
Prospective applicants are expected to have a portfolio of web applications that they have completed and released which showcases their server side, database and front-end coding skills
- Knowledge of AJAX coding techniques
- Comfort with object oriented coding concepts
- Comfort working with and/or managing web application programming interfaces
- Knowledge of or experience working with web development frameworks/content management systems such as Wordpress
Minimum BS/BA or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are required since customer interaction will be a part of the job
- Passionate about mobile, particularly the mobile web and potential for mobile web applications
- Works well both as part of a group/team and independently
- Goal oriented with a strong desire to succeed
- Craves learning and is not afraid to try new coding techniques