Auntie Anne's Employee Reviews

Auntie Annes is a relatively good tasting snack stop, but working for this company was/is a nightmare.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 23, 2016
I have worked for Auntie Anne's for 1 year and about two weeks going on three. I do not intend on staying here for very long. my first three months on the job I didn't work more than 1-2 days a week and slowly added up over time to 10-33 hours a week. depending on the mood of my manager of the time, and how she felt toward me determined my hours the following week. I was forced to clock out at a certain time when closing besides being finished or not. The new manager that is here now is funny and easy to work with. I haven't gotten scheduled more than 1 day a week in the month of August 2016-Sept. , I've made maybe $200 in one month. Maybe management is not the problem but a higher responsibility.

Not many aspects of this job were particularly challenging besides handling hold orders during busy times of the year. Holiday season gets very busy and crowded and many anxious impatient customers get upset, I was mostly responsible for greeting customers, getting their order ready,communicate with the roller for it to be prepared and cooked, then onto the buttering station to be glazed with butter, packaged and called the name of the customer waiting.

The most enjoyable part of working at Auntie Anne's has to be a few great customers, our reliable mall employee's, and most of all my staff. My fellow co-workers make a job day fun at times, we get the job done but we are always having fun. I love that the most.

I learned customer service the most at this job more than any other I have had. Cash register is where I learned conversation, how to handle emotion
  more... and my facial expressions, and i also learned how to work quickly in a high demand environment. Organization and memory is key to getting a customer in and out happily and in a timely manner.  less
Pros
food product
Cons
management, unsteady hours, short staffed, labor cuts
Boring job with low pay
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 21, 2016
Typical day includes standing around for hours repeating the same task for no reasons. I didn't learn anything here except that my hard work will always be taken for granted. Management was horrible, co workers were fine but no longer work there. The hardest part of the job was being able to withstand hours of nothing.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, not appreciated but upper management
Great place to work for those with no work expirence
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJSeptember 19, 2016
It is a very easy job, it will give you the hands on training you need for other jobs when you are ready to move on. The people you meet there are very warm and inviting. You must also grasp everything quickly or you won't be there very long. Overall a very good job for high school and college students.
Pros
Great People, easy job
Cons
Managment unorganized
Terrible management and ownership
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 19, 2016
The company was terrible corporate doesn't show up when expected to. Management in bad shape and doesn't cooperate with employees. Ownership of the store is bad as well the store is not properly taken care of contactor doesn't not repair any damages to the store and makes the work place unsafe.
great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2016
a great place to work. with wonderful flavors of pretzels and great staff. Staff at auntie anne's believes in team work. The environment with at work is very safe stable and just welcoming to work in,
Fun workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 16, 2016
Always had fun working with the crew, everyone is hardworking and fun, they all are professional and caring and we all strive for the best. I couldn't ask for better managers too!
Auntie Annes
Server / Cook (Former Employee) –  Texas City TexasSeptember 13, 2016
I was okay the store wasnt very big so It got hard sometimes trying to get things done. We alsways found a solution to make everthing work though. It was a great experience.
Unsure
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 12, 2016
You get the job nice company and management, but they schedule you only when needed not wheat your availability. I was asked in interview and told them he said perfect now I'm scheduled days I can't work so that's a problem. So make sure everything is clear before accepting job. Also was offered 10$ hr than after paperwork completed pray changed lower!!! What?! I was like wow ok let's just give it a go but now I'm hesitant because they only want me on Sat and Sunday. Not what was promised
Pros
Free pretzels, constantly busy, pay weekly
Cons
Short breaks, low hours, long 12-13 hr shifts
fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 10, 2016
I have worked for auntie annes for almost 5 years and it has been a very good job to have finishing high school and beginning college. I would recommend this job.
Pros
Fun work place.
Decent workplace with helpful employees
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 9, 2016
I would work to close most days. During the day I had to ask each customer if they would like to try (name 2 drinks) or ask if they would like (name 2 dipping sauces). Before close we had to wash everything from top to bottom. Roled pretzels and buttered them after being put in the oven to cook until golden brown.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Auntie Anne's?

Ask a question
workplace
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  hanford caSeptember 8, 2016
They are a great company to work for.
Its great to come into a shift with positive people that are ready to work.
The management is awesome. They always trying to help any situations you have to help.
The hardest part would be dealing with rude customers. But all you can do I be positive and ignore the negativity.
High school Job ONLY
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 3, 2016
Constant moving, extremely short breaks. This is not ideal for a college student or anyone who is trying to make a living. The pay will cause you to have 2-3 jobs.
Pros
Free pretzels, teamwork values, communication skills
Cons
Short breaks, constant muscle aching, little pay
my first job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2016
I loved this job. I had fun everyday I was there I will forever love this job. A typical day was rolling pretzels and making sure everything maintained fresh and looked great.
ok 1st job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLAugust 31, 2016
fast pace job pretty easy to work there they teach you everything you need to know careful with the oven you WILL ge burn. ok job for an outlet mall job I guess management sucks
Cons
no brakes and your hours aways get cut
fast paced and welcoming workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 29, 2016
Everyone is accepting and are always there with a helping hand. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating the pretzels and seeing the customers excitement when their pretzel is fresh from the oven.
Productive and fun work place.
Supervisor, Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 28, 2016
The manager usually writes down specific days those are her staff's birthdays and special holidays, then we will have a pot luck paty where everyone brings their food, a nice environment to work.
Pros
Free food and drinks. Friendly co-workers. Great manager. Health insurane.
Great company to start with
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 27, 2016
Great company to start working for, however the demand of working weekends and holidays are not always what you want to work but is manditory for management.
Auntie annes eastwood mall
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eastwood, mallAugust 24, 2016
I worked there with expectations of having a permanent job. They let me go in about 3 weeks time saying it was only seasonal. Management is horrible you could be their best worker but if they don't like you you'll get fired. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Schedule
Fun
Auntie Anne's (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 24, 2016
Auntie annes reminds me of a coffee shop because there's always sales going on and the customers vibes are a lot calmer. It's easy to keep up with once you get the training.
Pros
Free pretzels
Cons
Have to be fast
Fun place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXAugust 22, 2016
Everyday was never a bore, you meet people from around the global on the daily. You also lean how to make pretzels in many ways, also the staff are really friendly and don't mind to help you when you ask for assistants.
Pros
Free pretzels on lunch
Cons
At the time starting pay was 8.75

2.8