AuPairCare Employee Reviews

working and learning
aupair (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2015
the company provide great service for international aupairs ,especially in providing help to solve problems betweem host families and aupairs and eduation planning.
Pros
weekly meeting
Cons
low salary
AuPairCare helped me finding the perfect host family in the US
Au pair (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 8, 2015
Through AuPairCare I stayed 2 years in the US working as an au pair, I lived with an amazing American family which hosted me amazingly well.

Since the family provides you food, car and a place to stay, the amount of money you get weekly is enough. The company also offers you a healthy insurance and a local coordinator who helps you during your stay.

Taking care of kids, driving them to their appointments, feeding and bathing them, tidying their rooms and washing their clothes are some of the au pair duties.

Au pairs can work a maximum of 10 hours a day and 45 hours per week and (s)he is entitled to one and a half days off each week.

Au pairs also must pay the taxes per years, as any other employee. The tax amount you have to pay per year depends on when you arrive in the US. E.g. Au pairs who arrive in August pay less than the ones who arrive in January.
Good if you are blessed with a nice family.
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 22, 2015
+Responsible caretaking of children, cleaning, cleaning up after, laundry, school tutoring, entertaining, wellbeing and safety at all times
+Worked independently, and trusted with great responsibility
Pros
Learn american culture, living with them and establish relationships
Productive and Fun.
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2015
Great experience being part of an american family, taking care of a 6 years old girl, as she was my daughter. Helping her with her duties, and daily activities.
Pros
improved my english skills.
Cons
full-time dedication.
Fun job
Aupair (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJuly 25, 2014
Great opportunity to learn a new language, meet new friends and visit a different country!
Pros
intercultural exchange
Flexible, loving children nanny
Au-pair (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2014
I took care of three kids. I had to take care of their pick-ups, drop-offs, homeworks and other duties connected with taking care of kids.
Pros
great experience of american culture
Cons
low salary
Fun and culturally Perfect.
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FL, USAFebruary 25, 2014
AuPair is great to discover new culture, places, people. I had 2 of the best years of my life doing the job. But there's no advancement possible and it's a visa story...

But it made me fluent in english and introduced me to an amazing family.
Cons
long hours. bad pay.
A cultural learning experience as an American nanny
Aupair (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2014
After receiving my degree in Industrial Engineering I wasn't ready to join the "working world". So I decided to take a break from my studies. I became a live-in nanny (aupair) with an American family. I was very lucky to be placed with a really nice family. However, I am now ready to use my degree and get a job within the engineering field.
Au Pair
Au pair (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 23, 2013
Being an Au pair was a dream. I had a wonderful host family. I took care of 2 boys, W was 7 and G was 2.
It was a good international experience but with not a lot of support
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILMarch 21, 2013
I've learned a lot being an aupair. How to manage so many different tasks in a dar, how to be extremely responsible for someone's else kids, and prepared myself to be a great caring mom.
Pros
be able to travel
Cons
abused of work hours with no extra payments
Tough, yet rewarding job
Au Pair (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Typical work days can be different each day as it entirely depends on the children you are looking after. Your managers/boss are your host parents, they give you your weekly schedule and tell you what needs to be done. This can be difficult at times because you live where you work. Your Area Director is someone who works for AuPairCare and is there to help make sure you are happy in your job placement, and any other concerns you or the family may have are directed through them. Your co-workers are other fellow au pairs, who also live with their families and take care of that families children. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how the day will go, if it will be a good day because all the children are happy, or if it will end with everyone in tears. It is also very difficult at times to live where you work, as now there is no escape and relaxation after your work day. The most enjoyable part of the job however is being with the children, teaching them things and learning from them. This is a tough, yet rewarding job.
Pros
being with children all day, getting paid weekly, getting to travel and live in the usa
Cons
living where you work, long hours, dealing with tantrums, looking after kids when they are moody or sick.
Fine
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2012
Atypical day at work was entering the data. I have learned how people communicate in a professional setting.
Diverse Company that allowed growth for my career
Eastern Seaboard Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 28, 2012
o Manage all aspects of day-to-day operation in region.
o Regional staff communications and support
o Client communication, support, and education
o Expense reports, marketing, advertising, growth goals, and evaluations.
o Supervision of 16 area directors
o Manage all recruiting, hiring process, and training of field staff
Pros
working with diverse peopel from all of over the world, providing quality live in child care to families.
Cons
very long work weeks and time away from home.
High pace and very responsible job
Au-pair (Former Employee) –  Golden, ColoradoMarch 7, 2012
Working as an Au-pair requires responsibility, ability to multitask and solve the problems very quickly. At the same time it was a good working environment. This company provides good benefits and support for the Au-pairs.
ottima esperienza, consigliatissima
Children educator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 6, 2015
Questa esperienza mi ha permesso di individuare, in quelli che prima consideravo limiti, delle potenzialità. Ho imparato il valore dell'amicizia e del piacere della conoscenza, e ho incontrato persone magnifiche.
Buen ambiente
Niñera (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2015
Es una empresa seria, ordenada y tienen un muy buen trato a sus empleados y facilidad de contacto. Pero su salario, en la actualidad, es menos de lo que debería ser, y más, cuando se esta brindando un servicio durante toda la semana y a veces fines de semana también.
Es una experiencia maravillosa, porque se obtiene como cambio; un mejor manejo del idioma Inglés, se vive una realidad americana durante el tiempo que se esta allá, hay cambios tanto personales como laborales y se expanden las visiones acerca de la vida o preyectos a futuro.
Normalmente, cada familia y cada Aupair (niñera), llegan a un acuerdo con sus horarios, maneras de trabajo, métodos de pago y maneras de trabajar.
Es un ambiente culturalmente rico, ya que se tiene la oportunidad de conocer personas, culturas, estilos de vida,idiomas y demás, de todo el mundo. Con quienes se crean amistades que pueden ser duraderas, aún cuando ya cada Aupair se encuentra en su país.
Es complicado estar tan lejos de la familia y aveces sentirse solo o triste por eso mismo, pero todo hace parte de la experiencia. Tampoco es fácil, al principio, enfrentarse al idioma, la cultura y comida. Es un punto importante; en el cual empiezan a verse los cambios en uno mismo, ya que todo se basa en acostumbrase.
Pros
Conocer personas de todo el mundo, documentos americanos (entre esos el seguro médico, Licencia de Conducción y número de seguridad social), experiencias nuevas, conocer nuevos idiomas, viajes, crecimiento intelectual, personal, laboral y social.
Cons
Estar lejos de la famila.
Empresa forte e competente no setor Intercambio Cultural
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYJune 29, 2014
Experiencia extremamente valiosa, com grande apendizado profissional e pessoal.
Proporcionou considerável crescimento cultural, pessoal e profissional.
Au Pair (exchange student) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2013
Trabalhei por 2 anos como "Au pair" num programa de intercâmbio cultural pela AupairCare na região de Boston, nos Estados Unidos. O programa consiste basicamente num intercâmbio, onde os principais propósitos são aprimorar o Inglês como segunda língua, atender a cursos e adquirir bagagem cultural.
Vivi com uma família americana ajudando com o cuidado e educação de 2 crianças, ensinando-as Português.
Tive a oportunidade de tornar meu inglês fluente e manter contato com pessoas e culturas do mundo todo, considerando que Boston é uma cidade bem internacional.
A parte mais difícil foi o inverno rigoroso e viver longe da família. A parte mais agradável foi poder viajar por diferentes estados e cidades, desenvolvimento e amadurecimento pessoal, fazer amigos e poder praticar o inglês diariamente.
empresa agradável e
AU PAIR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2013
INTERCÂMBIO DE TRABALHO E ESTUDO NOS EUA ENVOLVENDO CURSOS DE INGLÊS, ESPANHOL, FACULDADE, PROGRAMAÇÃO DE VIAGENS, EVENTOS, HORÁRIOS. CUIDADOS COM CRIANÇAS.
Pros
conhecer novos lugares, idiomas e dinâmica no dia-a-dia
Cons
morar no trabalho
journée type
au pair (Former Employee) –  etats unisMarch 19, 2013
matin: petit déjeuner et préparation pour aller à l’école
midi: repas
après-midi: activités et devoirs
soir: repas

participation aux tâches ménagères
Pros
logée nourrie gratuitement
Cons
vie commune

4.2