AuPairCare

AuPairCare Employer Reviews

Flexible, loving children nanny
Au-pair (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 26, 2014
Pros: great experience of american culture
Cons: low salary
I took care of three kids. I had to take care of their pick-ups, drop-offs, homeworks and other duties connected with taking care of kids.
Fun and culturally Perfect.
Au Pair (Former Employee), Yulee, FL, USAFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: long hours. bad pay.
AuPair is great to discover new culture, places, people. I had 2 of the best years of my life doing the job. But there's no advancement possible and it's a visa story...

But it made me fluent in english and introduced me to an amazing family.
A cultural learning experience as an American nanny
Aupair (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2014
After receiving my degree in Industrial Engineering I wasn't ready to join the "working world". So I decided to take a break from my studies. I became a live-in nanny (aupair) with an American family. I was very lucky to be placed with a really nice family. However, I am now ready to use my degree and get a job within the engineering field.
Au Pair
Au pair (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 23, 2013
Being an Au pair was a dream. I had a wonderful host family. I took care of 2 boys, W was 7 and G was 2.
It was a good international experience but with not a lot of support
AuPair (Former Employee), Minooka, ILMarch 21, 2013
Pros: be able to travel
Cons: abused of work hours with no extra payments
I've learned a lot being an aupair. How to manage so many different tasks in a dar, how to be extremely responsible for someone's else kids, and prepared myself to be a great caring mom.
Tough, yet rewarding job
Au Pair (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: being with children all day, getting paid weekly, getting to travel and live in the usa
Cons: living where you work, long hours, dealing with tantrums, looking after kids when they are moody or sick.
Typical work days can be different each day as it entirely depends on the children you are looking after. Your managers/boss are your host parents, they give you your weekly schedule and tell you what needs to be done. This can be difficult at times because you live where you work. Your Area Director is someone who works for AuPairCare and is there – more... to help make sure you are happy in your job placement, and any other concerns you or the family may have are directed through them. Your co-workers are other fellow au pairs, who also live with their families and take care of that families children. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how the day will go, if it will be a good day because all the children are happy, or if it will end with everyone in tears. It is also very difficult at times to live where you work, as now there is no escape and relaxation after your work day. The most enjoyable part of the job however is being with the children, teaching them things and learning from them. This is a tough, yet rewarding job. – less
Fine
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2012
Atypical day at work was entering the data. I have learned how people communicate in a professional setting.
Diverse Company that allowed growth for my career
Eastern Seaboard Regional Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 28, 2012
Pros: working with diverse peopel from all of over the world, providing quality live in child care to families.
Cons: very long work weeks and time away from home.
o Manage all aspects of day-to-day operation in region.
o Regional staff communications and support
o Client communication, support, and education
o Expense reports, marketing, advertising, growth goals, and evaluations.
o Supervision of 16 area directors
o Manage all recruiting, hiring process, and training of field staff
High pace and very responsible job
Au-pair (Former Employee), Golden, ColoradoMarch 7, 2012
Working as an Au-pair requires responsibility, ability to multitask and solve the problems very quickly. At the same time it was a good working environment. This company provides good benefits and support for the Au-pairs.
Caregiver in Aupair Program in USA
Caregiver for Kids (Former Employee), Marengo, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: love the kids
Cons: unsafe
Put the kids out of bad, bathing, closing, make and serving their breakfast and send them to school; Thereafter, I cleaned their room and laundry; Receive kids from school, make and serve their dinner; Play with them and help with their homework.
I have learn another culture, new feeding habits and lots about to raise a kid with Autism at home and deal – more... with their routine.
I did not have good luck finding my hostfamilies. The kid were amazing, but in one family I had suffered sexual and emotional assaultemnt and the other I saw my hostfather punching and yealling with his Autistic kid.
I talked with my coordinaters and they did not believe in me and I was in danger.
The most enjoyable part it was to raise the kids. I still love them! – less
Empresa forte e competente no setor Intercambio Cultural
AuPair (Former Employee), Briarcliff Manor, NYJune 29, 2014
Experiencia extremamente valiosa, com grande apendizado profissional e pessoal.
Proporcionou considerável crescimento cultural, pessoal e profissional.
Au Pair (exchange student) (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 25, 2013
Trabalhei por 2 anos como "Au pair" num programa de intercâmbio cultural pela AupairCare na região de Boston, nos Estados Unidos. O programa consiste basicamente num intercâmbio, onde os principais propósitos são aprimorar o Inglês como segunda língua, atender a cursos e adquirir bagagem cultural.
Vivi com uma família americana ajudando com o cuidado – more... e educação de 2 crianças, ensinando-as Português.
Tive a oportunidade de tornar meu inglês fluente e manter contato com pessoas e culturas do mundo todo, considerando que Boston é uma cidade bem internacional.
A parte mais difícil foi o inverno rigoroso e viver longe da família. A parte mais agradável foi poder viajar por diferentes estados e cidades, desenvolvimento e amadurecimento pessoal, fazer amigos e poder praticar o inglês diariamente. – less
empresa agradável e
AU PAIR (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 11, 2013
Pros: conhecer novos lugares, idiomas e dinâmica no dia-a-dia
Cons: morar no trabalho
INTERCÂMBIO DE TRABALHO E ESTUDO NOS EUA ENVOLVENDO CURSOS DE INGLÊS, ESPANHOL, FACULDADE, PROGRAMAÇÃO DE VIAGENS, EVENTOS, HORÁRIOS. CUIDADOS COM CRIANÇAS.
journée type
au pair (Former Employee), etats unisMarch 19, 2013
Pros: logée nourrie gratuitement
Cons: vie commune
matin: petit déjeuner et préparation pour aller à l’école
midi: repas
après-midi: activités et devoirs
soir: repas

participation aux tâches ménagères
Gran oportunidad para crecer, aprender y crecer como profesional y persona
Aupair (Current Employee), Estados UnidosJanuary 10, 2013
Excelente.Se trata de convivir y aprender inglés dentro de una família americana, a cambio de estar al cargo de los niños de la família.