AuPairCare Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great work place to learn and expand your cultural knowledge
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 10, 2017
The AuPair program is meant for ladies and gentlemen who want to have a international student exchange abroad. where you basically will be host by a family and provide childcare to them for a certain amount of hours and during your time off you'll attend to a university or college to get your education credits done.
Pros
Learn about child behavior and development and know about a new culture
Cons
requires of a tone of patience
Atención al aupair.
Cuidadora de niños (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 8, 2017
Muy comprometidos y agradables con el programa. Me han ayudado a resolver problemas siempre que me ha hecho falta.
Pros
Facilidad para moverse hacia otro pais/continente
Cons
No hay
Ambiente de trabajo
Niñera (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL.July 12, 2017
Es un trabajo para personas con alto sentido de responsabilidad, y gusto por cuidar niños, me ayudo a crecer, confiar en mi misma, y ahorrar dinero.
Expérience enrichissante
Au pair (Former Employee) –  SeattleJuly 11, 2017
Très bonne expérience de presque deux ans aux États-Unis qui m'a permi de devenir bilingue et voyager.
A wonderful experient
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 10, 2017
It is a fantastic job because these people who you are living with are those people who you are working with. They are cheerful and always supporting me and that's the best part of my job.
Pros
free foods
Cons
healthcare
agency
Aupair (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2017
due to the fact that this company is an agency and I did not directly work for them I cannot give a full review.
I will say however, the little that I did have to deal with was good.
They have a good screening process when applicants are looking for placement.
The min area they need to work on is who they employ as area directors.
Some go above and beyond to help whilst others couldn't care less.
It is important for AupairCare to have a thorough screening process for area directors as well as they suffice as the support system for the aupairs.
Pros
Good screening system, regular check ins
Cons
long hours, lackluster area directors
Kültürel Bir Deneyim
Aupair (Former Employee) –  Seattle-USDJanuary 11, 2017
Farklı kültürden insanlarla birlikte yaşayıp aynı zamanda da çalışma fırsatı edindiğim bir deneyimdi. Ancak bu bir değişim programı olduğundan bir çok anlamda faydasını aynı zamanda da zorluklarını yaşadığım önemli deneyimlerden biriydi.
Amazing experience
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2016
Working as an AuPair I learn from a different culture which was an great experience, the job work and life balance was great and I really loved my job.
Great experience working with kids
Aupair/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 30, 2016
I love looking after children and playing with them because it's truely something that makes me happy. Teaching them someting new each day and seeing how they learn makes me feel like part of their lifes and completes me.
The naivety of children is something that I find interesting and teaching them things in life is something that I find great.
I love when they are caring and end up loving them very much which is posibly the worst part about this job because I have to leave them at some point.
Apart from that I think it is a great experience. Looking after twins boys was one of the greatest experiences that I've ever had. It meant double the work but at the same time was fun. They didn't let me sleep many times but it was worth it when I saw them laugh.
I tought them many things but they also tought me a lot.
Pros
free lunches, acomodation, car, time off
Cons
bad sleep
I have a good experience with AuPairCare
Au pair (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 27, 2016
Aupaircare always provide support the clients and the workers, they explain all the rules and answered both parts when was called. On that time I watched the kids (twins with 10 months old, and 3 years old child), also their parents were wonderful, and we had a great relationship.
Pros
Healthcare
Your success totally depends on your attitude
Live-in childcare provider (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hills Village, COApril 21, 2016
As an au pair you just have to make things happen to keep motivated. I have been lucky but many of my friends have been seriously exploited and felt like giving up many times. We are sold we will be moving in with a loving, caring host family in the country and we will get to travel a lot. In most cases, this is quite far from reality. Although we knew we would be earning $195.75 weekly, we were not told how expensive life is here in spite of being covered for food and rent.
Putting your skills as a childcare provider into practice and observing how the little ones end up taking after your good habits, values and manners is priceless, though. Also getting to experience the American lifestyle and culture. These are the reasons that make it all worth the effort.
Pros
experience gained, room and board, travel
Cons
low salary, poor work conditions
Varied duties; Enjoyed working with au pairs and families; dealing with problems could be the most difficult
Area Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2016
In this position, I marketed to find families that needed in-home childcare, and promoted the idea of using the services of an au pair. This was a more economical option for childcare. The au pairs could work up to 45 hours a week, and they were paid a set stipend monthly, no matter how many children were in the family. I monitored the placement of the au pair in the home while they were working for a particular family. I mediated when any problems arose. I was responsible to see that all Department of State regulations were met.

I met with the au pairs one a month, and once a year, we had a "Family Day", which all of the host families and au pairs were encouraged to attend.

I had a very good manager when working with Au Pair Care. She was very positive and supportive.

Again, working with the au pairs and the families was the most enjoyable part.

The most difficult part was when problems arose. Mediating could be a bit difficult at times to accomplish positive results.
Great company
Aupair (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 30, 2015
I worked with a great family whom I love and still keep in contact with.I had the opportunity to travel an study which was one of many perks.Overall they are awesome an I am glad I got the opportunity.
Pros
I got to travel an study abroad
Cons
Not much medical coverage.
working and learning
aupair (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2015
the company provide great service for international aupairs ,especially in providing help to solve problems betweem host families and aupairs and eduation planning.
Pros
weekly meeting
Cons
low salary
ottima esperienza, consigliatissima
Children educator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 6, 2015
Questa esperienza mi ha permesso di individuare, in quelli che prima consideravo limiti, delle potenzialità. Ho imparato il valore dell'amicizia e del piacere della conoscenza, e ho incontrato persone magnifiche.
Buen ambiente
Niñera (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2015
Es una empresa seria, ordenada y tienen un muy buen trato a sus empleados y facilidad de contacto. Pero su salario, en la actualidad, es menos de lo que debería ser, y más, cuando se esta brindando un servicio durante toda la semana y a veces fines de semana también.
Es una experiencia maravillosa, porque se obtiene como cambio; un mejor manejo del idioma Inglés, se vive una realidad americana durante el tiempo que se esta allá, hay cambios tanto personales como laborales y se expanden las visiones acerca de la vida o preyectos a futuro.
Normalmente, cada familia y cada Aupair (niñera), llegan a un acuerdo con sus horarios, maneras de trabajo, métodos de pago y maneras de trabajar.
Es un ambiente culturalmente rico, ya que se tiene la oportunidad de conocer personas, culturas, estilos de vida,idiomas y demás, de todo el mundo. Con quienes se crean amistades que pueden ser duraderas, aún cuando ya cada Aupair se encuentra en su país.
Es complicado estar tan lejos de la familia y aveces sentirse solo o triste por eso mismo, pero todo hace parte de la experiencia. Tampoco es fácil, al principio, enfrentarse al idioma, la cultura y comida. Es un punto importante; en el cual empiezan a verse los cambios en uno mismo, ya que todo se basa en acostumbrase.
Pros
Conocer personas de todo el mundo, documentos americanos (entre esos el seguro médico, Licencia de Conducción y número de seguridad social), experiencias nuevas, conocer nuevos idiomas, viajes, crecimiento intelectual, personal, laboral y social.
Cons
Estar lejos de la famila.
AuPairCare helped me finding the perfect host family in the US
Au pair (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 8, 2015
Through AuPairCare I stayed 2 years in the US working as an au pair, I lived with an amazing American family which hosted me amazingly well.

Since the family provides you food, car and a place to stay, the amount of money you get weekly is enough. The company also offers you a healthy insurance and a local coordinator who helps you during your stay.

Taking care of kids, driving them to their appointments, feeding and bathing them, tidying their rooms and washing their clothes are some of the au pair duties.

Au pairs can work a maximum of 10 hours a day and 45 hours per week and (s)he is entitled to one and a half days off each week.

Au pairs also must pay the taxes per years, as any other employee. The tax amount you have to pay per year depends on when you arrive in the US. E.g. Au pairs who arrive in August pay less than the ones who arrive in January.
Good if you are blessed with a nice family.
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 22, 2015
+Responsible caretaking of children, cleaning, cleaning up after, laundry, school tutoring, entertaining, wellbeing and safety at all times
+Worked independently, and trusted with great responsibility
Pros
Learn american culture, living with them and establish relationships
Productive and Fun.
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2015
Great experience being part of an american family, taking care of a 6 years old girl, as she was my daughter. Helping her with her duties, and daily activities.
Pros
improved my english skills.
Cons
full-time dedication.
Fun job
Aupair (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJuly 25, 2014
Great opportunity to learn a new language, meet new friends and visit a different country!
Pros
Intercultural exchange

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AuPairCare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3