AuPairCare Employee Reviews in United States

Your success totally depends on your attitude
Live-in childcare provider (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hills Village, COApril 21, 2016
As an au pair you just have to make things happen to keep motivated. I have been lucky but many of my friends have been seriously exploited and felt like giving up many times. We are sold we will be moving in with a loving, caring host family in the country and we will get to travel a lot. In most cases, this is quite far from reality. Although we knew we would be earning $195.75 weekly, we were not told how expensive life is here in spite of being covered for food and rent.
Putting your skills as a childcare provider into practice and observing how the little ones end up taking after your good habits, values and manners is priceless, though. Also getting to experience the American lifestyle and culture. These are the reasons that make it all worth the effort.
Pros
experience gained, room and board, travel
Cons
low salary, poor work conditions
Varied duties; Enjoyed working with au pairs and families; dealing with problems could be the most difficult
Area Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2016
In this position, I marketed to find families that needed in-home childcare, and promoted the idea of using the services of an au pair. This was a more economical option for childcare. The au pairs could work up to 45 hours a week, and they were paid a set stipend monthly, no matter how many children were in the family. I monitored the placement of the au pair in the home while they were working for a particular family. I mediated when any problems arose. I was responsible to see that all Department of State regulations were met.

I met with the au pairs one a month, and once a year, we had a "Family Day", which all of the host families and au pairs were encouraged to attend.

I had a very good manager when working with Au Pair Care. She was very positive and supportive.

Again, working with the au pairs and the families was the most enjoyable part.

The most difficult part was when problems arose. Mediating could be a bit difficult at times to accomplish positive results.
working and learning
aupair (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2015
the company provide great service for international aupairs ,especially in providing help to solve problems betweem host families and aupairs and eduation planning.
Pros
weekly meeting
Cons
low salary
Great company
Aupair (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 30, 2015
I worked with a great family whom I love and still keep in contact with.I had the opportunity to travel an study which was one of many perks.Overall they are awesome an I am glad I got the opportunity.
Pros
I got to travel an study abroad
Cons
Not much medical coverage.
AuPairCare helped me finding the perfect host family in the US
Au pair (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 8, 2015
Through AuPairCare I stayed 2 years in the US working as an au pair, I lived with an amazing American family which hosted me amazingly well.

Since the family provides you food, car and a place to stay, the amount of money you get weekly is enough. The company also offers you a healthy insurance and a local coordinator who helps you during your stay.

Taking care of kids, driving them to their appointments, feeding and bathing them, tidying their rooms and washing their clothes are some of the au pair duties.

Au pairs can work a maximum of 10 hours a day and 45 hours per week and (s)he is entitled to one and a half days off each week.

Au pairs also must pay the taxes per years, as any other employee. The tax amount you have to pay per year depends on when you arrive in the US. E.g. Au pairs who arrive in August pay less than the ones who arrive in January.
Good if you are blessed with a nice family.
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 22, 2015
+Responsible caretaking of children, cleaning, cleaning up after, laundry, school tutoring, entertaining, wellbeing and safety at all times
+Worked independently, and trusted with great responsibility
Pros
Learn american culture, living with them and establish relationships
Fun and culturally Perfect.
Au Pair (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FL, USAFebruary 25, 2014
AuPair is great to discover new culture, places, people. I had 2 of the best years of my life doing the job. But there's no advancement possible and it's a visa story...

But it made me fluent in english and introduced me to an amazing family.
Cons
long hours. bad pay.
Flexible, loving children nanny
Au-pair (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2014
I took care of three kids. I had to take care of their pick-ups, drop-offs, homeworks and other duties connected with taking care of kids.
Pros
great experience of american culture
Cons
low salary
Tough, yet rewarding job
Au Pair (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2013
Typical work days can be different each day as it entirely depends on the children you are looking after. Your managers/boss are your host parents, they give you your weekly schedule and tell you what needs to be done. This can be difficult at times because you live where you work. Your Area Director is someone who works for AuPairCare and is there to help make sure you are happy in your job placement, and any other concerns you or the family may have are directed through them. Your co-workers are other fellow au pairs, who also live with their families and take care of that families children. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how the day will go, if it will be a good day because all the children are happy, or if it will end with everyone in tears. It is also very difficult at times to live where you work, as now there is no escape and relaxation after your work day. The most enjoyable part of the job however is being with the children, teaching them things and learning from them. This is a tough, yet rewarding job.
Pros
being with children all day, getting paid weekly, getting to travel and live in the usa
Cons
living where you work, long hours, dealing with tantrums, looking after kids when they are moody or sick.
High pace and very responsible job
Au-pair (Former Employee) –  Golden, ColoradoMarch 7, 2012
Working as an Au-pair requires responsibility, ability to multitask and solve the problems very quickly. At the same time it was a good working environment. This company provides good benefits and support for the Au-pairs.
Diverse Company that allowed growth for my career
Eastern Seaboard Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 28, 2012
o Manage all aspects of day-to-day operation in region.
o Regional staff communications and support
o Client communication, support, and education
o Expense reports, marketing, advertising, growth goals, and evaluations.
o Supervision of 16 area directors
o Manage all recruiting, hiring process, and training of field staff
Pros
working with diverse peopel from all of over the world, providing quality live in child care to families.
Cons
very long work weeks and time away from home.
Productive and Fun.
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2015
Great experience being part of an american family, taking care of a 6 years old girl, as she was my daughter. Helping her with her duties, and daily activities.
Pros
improved my english skills.
Cons
full-time dedication.
A cultural learning experience as an American nanny
Aupair (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2014
After receiving my degree in Industrial Engineering I wasn't ready to join the "working world". So I decided to take a break from my studies. I became a live-in nanny (aupair) with an American family. I was very lucky to be placed with a really nice family. However, I am now ready to use my degree and get a job within the engineering field.
It was a good international experience but with not a lot of support
AuPair (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILMarch 21, 2013
I've learned a lot being an aupair. How to manage so many different tasks in a dar, how to be extremely responsible for someone's else kids, and prepared myself to be a great caring mom.
Pros
be able to travel
Cons
abused of work hours with no extra payments
Fine
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2012
Atypical day at work was entering the data. I have learned how people communicate in a professional setting.
Fun job
Aupair (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJuly 25, 2014
Great opportunity to learn a new language, meet new friends and visit a different country!
Pros
intercultural exchange
Au Pair
Au pair (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 23, 2013
Being an Au pair was a dream. I had a wonderful host family. I took care of 2 boys, W was 7 and G was 2.
ottima esperienza, consigliatissima
Children educator (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 6, 2015
Questa esperienza mi ha permesso di individuare, in quelli che prima consideravo limiti, delle potenzialità. Ho imparato il valore dell'amicizia e del piacere della conoscenza, e ho incontrato persone magnifiche.
Buen ambiente
Niñera (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2015
Es una empresa seria, ordenada y tienen un muy buen trato a sus empleados y facilidad de contacto. Pero su salario, en la actualidad, es menos de lo que debería ser, y más, cuando se esta brindando un servicio durante toda la semana y a veces fines de semana también.
Es una experiencia maravillosa, porque se obtiene como cambio; un mejor manejo del idioma Inglés, se vive una realidad americana durante el tiempo que se esta allá, hay cambios tanto personales como laborales y se expanden las visiones acerca de la vida o preyectos a futuro.
Normalmente, cada familia y cada Aupair (niñera), llegan a un acuerdo con sus horarios, maneras de trabajo, métodos de pago y maneras de trabajar.
Es un ambiente culturalmente rico, ya que se tiene la oportunidad de conocer personas, culturas, estilos de vida,idiomas y demás, de todo el mundo. Con quienes se crean amistades que pueden ser duraderas, aún cuando ya cada Aupair se encuentra en su país.
Es complicado estar tan lejos de la familia y aveces sentirse solo o triste por eso mismo, pero todo hace parte de la experiencia. Tampoco es fácil, al principio, enfrentarse al idioma, la cultura y comida. Es un punto importante; en el cual empiezan a verse los cambios en uno mismo, ya que todo se basa en acostumbrase.
Pros
Conocer personas de todo el mundo, documentos americanos (entre esos el seguro médico, Licencia de Conducción y número de seguridad social), experiencias nuevas, conocer nuevos idiomas, viajes, crecimiento intelectual, personal, laboral y social.
Cons
Estar lejos de la famila.
Proporcionou considerável crescimento cultural, pessoal e profissional.
Au Pair (exchange student) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2013
Trabalhei por 2 anos como "Au pair" num programa de intercâmbio cultural pela AupairCare na região de Boston, nos Estados Unidos. O programa consiste basicamente num intercâmbio, onde os principais propósitos são aprimorar o Inglês como segunda língua, atender a cursos e adquirir bagagem cultural.
Vivi com uma família americana ajudando com o cuidado e educação de 2 crianças, ensinando-as Português.
Tive a oportunidade de tornar meu inglês fluente e manter contato com pessoas e culturas do mundo todo, considerando que Boston é uma cidade bem internacional.
A parte mais difícil foi o inverno rigoroso e viver longe da família. A parte mais agradável foi poder viajar por diferentes estados e cidades, desenvolvimento e amadurecimento pessoal, fazer amigos e poder praticar o inglês diariamente.

4.2