Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Flexible Work Schedule
Dietitian (Current Employee) –  VariousMay 23, 2017
I contract as a healthcare provider. Decent benefits. Efficient, helpful, friendly, account managers. I signed up with 3 different companies when I started traveling. I've only traveled with Aureus so far because they've been the quickest at finding me new jobs.

Got into contract work for more schedule flexibility and the chance to travel throughout the US - so far those things have been great!
Pros
Housing
Certified Surgical Technologist
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2017
Preparing case carts for the day. Reviewing the surgeons preference cards. Technology is constantly changing have to adapt quickly. Management seems only communicates if there is a problem. Working with professionals from different medical specialties to provide safe care for the patient is the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is when we cant put our differences aside.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
low hourly pay
Assignment cut off without notice
CT TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 28, 2017
Assignments expected more than what was promised, very unyielding, I learned to do more research on companies, management always sided with the assignment without hearing your side of the problem, uneasy culture . most difficult was going along with unusual request, I enjoyed the variety of restaurants in the city.
Pros
Quick to find assignments
Cons
Ending assignments without notice
Great account mangers that are extremely helpful.
Travel Cath Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 27, 2017
Easy to work with the account mangers and find a good assignment each and every time. There are some down sides to being a traveler, being away from home and having to move every 13 weeks but I have really enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Contract minimum on hours.
Cons
Being away from home
Fun positions and excellent recruitment staff
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 21, 2017
I have worked with Aureus Medical for the last two years. My recruiter has always worked hard to assure I am happy with my placements and being treated well.
Enjoyed working for them.
Nuclear Medicine/PET-CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NE and Anchorage AK.April 19, 2017
I worked two medical travel contracts in Beatrice Nebraska and Anchorage Alaska. Good contracts.

Aureus pay just so-so.....perhaps it is because they're a large company. Not sure, but I still enjoyed working for them in 2012.

Pros
The contract work
Cons
Perhaps the money. Just so-so
great representation
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 17, 2017
First time working with this company and as a travel therapist. I had a great recruiter who helped me every step of the way . I had a pleasant experience and will continue to work with Aureus for my travel PT needs.
Pros
great compensation, made sure I had a safe living environment, completely furnished my apt down to the toilet tissue and paper towels.
Cons
Good
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. traveling to different hospitals brought new and exciting experiences. I have meet a lot of good people working with this company.
Great culture and work life balance
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2017
Started as a recruiter in the Nursing division. It is the idea of the company to start entry- and lower level-experienced candidates in this role. The idea is that everyone in the recruiter position either moves to account manager within their first year, or to a team leader role within that time. If you do not move out of this role within your first 18 months, you can bet any chance of advacement is out of grasp.

The management team here is great and they have overall done a great job of putting the right people in the management roles.
Pros
Catered lunch once a month, requires annual volunteer outing, great positive culture
Cons
Sub-par benefits, some managers are not held to high standards due to seniority, can get lost in the shuffle with constant hiring of new employees every 6-8 weeks
Great experience
Travel Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2017
I really enjoyed travel nursing with this company. They were responsive to my needs and problems were addressed immediately. If you have the opportunity to travel nurse, you should call them.
Good Experience as a Travel LPN
Travel nurse, SNF, LTC, Acute Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2017
As a Travel LPN the work is not different, but you must be able to transition well and be flexible. I received a fine cultural diversity experience. The management is okay, they did respond to my calls/emails. You must manage your paychecks to reassure they have not taken out for something they previously did. The hardest apart of the job is adapting to time changes. As I believe they should give you a couple of days to acclimate yourself, but they don't. Not before or after your assignment. If your last day is on the 15th, they will not give you time to pack up and just prepare yourself for the move. They suggest to have the scheduler to change your hours. We work our schedule, why doesn't the company that hired us pay for at least 2 more days? My overall experience was good. That's because you make your opportunity what you want it to be.
Awesome
Traveling Sterile processor (Current Employee) –  everywhereMarch 28, 2017
Great Company to work for. I have been with the company for over a year and half and haven't had any issues. They are a wonderful group of people to work with and for.
Great clinical support staff
Physician Assistant Locum Tenums (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68154March 22, 2017
Great clinical support staff. Enjoyed to opportunity to see various parts of the country. Work environments were generally pleasant. Always received prompt call backs when questions arose.
Pros
Great support staff
Cons
12 week assignments
Management is responsive to my needs and request
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2017
As a Travel RN the work environment will vary with assignments.
My account manager is attentive to my needs and does whatever is possible to improve the situation when necessary.
Most assignments are not problematic.
Workplace culture will vary from one region to another and it is wise to be observant and respectful. This is one of the difficult aspects as well as positive.
It is interesting and fun to meet new people and see 'life" from a new perspective.
Pros
Travel opportunites
Cons
Difficult to manage personal needs, family time. This is the nature of contract nursing and not specific to Aureus Medical
Good travel experience
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with Aureus. They always found travel assignments, never had a contract cancelled, always had nice housing. The only con was that it was difficult for them to get interviews for RN's in big cities, such s Seattle or San Diego.
great work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 24, 2017
aureus medical group is great and a great doctor to work for environment is fast pace and makes the time go by fast. a bit crazy at times with all the patients going in and out but is a great doctor and great patients that care for the doctor and staff.
Pros
great inviroment and great staff to work with.
at best, good place to start out.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 22, 2017
horrible customer relations, pay is not competitive, variety of opportunities are not appealing. benefits are horrible compared to any company i have ever worked for.
Excellent company
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 16, 2017
I'm currently on my second contract with Aureus Medical and could not be happier. Any issues I may have are handled in a timely manor, the apartments are always clean and fully furnished and all of the staff are extremely helpful! Excellent company
great place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2017
I performed analytical testing daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was processing and running analytical test to distinguish between various health conditions of the patients. The hardest part was pulling the load of co-workers that was not doing their part. The management performed personal friendships with some co-workers which brought upon favoritism between the employees at the facilities I worked. I learned that working hard and smart and prioritizing will get you very far with an organization.
Pros
great pay, travel, incentives, and job security
Cons
schedule, healthcare, and facility
Run For Your Life!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 2, 2017
This is the absolute worst company I've delt with in my 5 years working as a travel nurse. They pay low, delay benefits and do not protect their nurses. I would never recommend using them! Stay away, not even a viable last resort.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aureus Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval