Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Great culture and work life balance
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2017
Started as a recruiter in the Nursing division. It is the idea of the company to start entry- and lower level-experienced candidates in this role. The idea is that everyone in the recruiter position either moves to account manager within their first year, or to a team leader role within that time. If you do not move out of this role within your first 18 months, you can bet any chance of advacement is out of grasp.

The management team here is great and they have overall done a great job of putting the right people in the management roles.
Pros
Catered lunch once a month, requires annual volunteer outing, great positive culture
Cons
Sub-par benefits, some managers are not held to high standards due to seniority, can get lost in the shuffle with constant hiring of new employees every 6-8 weeks
Great experience
Travel Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2017
I really enjoyed travel nursing with this company. They were responsive to my needs and problems were addressed immediately. If you have the opportunity to travel nurse, you should call them.
Good Experience as a Travel LPN
Travel nurse, SNF, LTC, Acute Psychiatric (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2017
As a Travel LPN the work is not different, but you must be able to transition well and be flexible. I received a fine cultural diversity experience. The management is okay, they did respond to my calls/emails. You must manage your paychecks to reassure they have not taken out for something they previously did. The hardest apart of the job is adapting to time changes. As I believe they should give you a couple of days to acclimate yourself, but they don't. Not before or after your assignment. If your last day is on the 15th, they will not give you time to pack up and just prepare yourself for the move. They suggest to have the scheduler to change your hours. We work our schedule, why doesn't the company that hired us pay for at least 2 more days? My overall experience was good. That's because you make your opportunity what you want it to be.
Awesome
Traveling Sterile processor (Current Employee) –  everywhereMarch 28, 2017
Great Company to work for. I have been with the company for over a year and half and haven't had any issues. They are a wonderful group of people to work with and for.
Great clinical support staff
Physician Assistant Locum Tenums (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68154March 22, 2017
Great clinical support staff. Enjoyed to opportunity to see various parts of the country. Work environments were generally pleasant. Always received prompt call backs when questions arose.
Pros
Great support staff
Cons
12 week assignments
Management is responsive to my needs and request
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2017
As a Travel RN the work environment will vary with assignments.
My account manager is attentive to my needs and does whatever is possible to improve the situation when necessary.
Most assignments are not problematic.
Workplace culture will vary from one region to another and it is wise to be observant and respectful. This is one of the difficult aspects as well as positive.
It is interesting and fun to meet new people and see 'life" from a new perspective.
Pros
Travel opportunites
Cons
Difficult to manage personal needs, family time. This is the nature of contract nursing and not specific to Aureus Medical
Good travel experience
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with Aureus. They always found travel assignments, never had a contract cancelled, always had nice housing. The only con was that it was difficult for them to get interviews for RN's in big cities, such s Seattle or San Diego.
great work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 24, 2017
aureus medical group is great and a great doctor to work for environment is fast pace and makes the time go by fast. a bit crazy at times with all the patients going in and out but is a great doctor and great patients that care for the doctor and staff.
Pros
great inviroment and great staff to work with.
at best, good place to start out.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 22, 2017
horrible customer relations, pay is not competitive, variety of opportunities are not appealing. benefits are horrible compared to any company i have ever worked for.
Excellent company
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 16, 2017
I'm currently on my second contract with Aureus Medical and could not be happier. Any issues I may have are handled in a timely manor, the apartments are always clean and fully furnished and all of the staff are extremely helpful! Excellent company

Want to know more about Aureus Medical Group?

Ask a question
great place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2017
I performed analytical testing daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was processing and running analytical test to distinguish between various health conditions of the patients. The hardest part was pulling the load of co-workers that was not doing their part. The management performed personal friendships with some co-workers which brought upon favoritism between the employees at the facilities I worked. I learned that working hard and smart and prioritizing will get you very far with an organization.
Pros
great pay, travel, incentives, and job security
Cons
schedule, healthcare, and facility
Run For Your Life!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 2, 2017
This is the absolute worst company I've delt with in my 5 years working as a travel nurse. They pay low, delay benefits and do not protect their nurses. I would never recommend using them! Stay away, not even a viable last resort.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, culture
Professional, responsive company
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2017
Aureus excels at matching my skills with the appropriate work environment. Recruiters will listen to my specific needs and endeavor to find the best job available.
Dissatisfied with Aureus Medical
Ct technologist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2017
Started working for Aureus last year during the summer, my first assignment and recruiter were great. Unfortunately my second assignment was a horrible experience and my recruiter had no care or concerns about what I was going through. Never got a phone call after I explained my concerns, not a single peep , very disappointing.. Going on my third assignment with them now and it will be my last. The housing situation is despicable, the heater is not working, and the weather is below 12° at night here.. very disappointed with this company....
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Aureus is not what they seem to be promoting
No support for travelers
Staff Therapist Traveler (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 2, 2017
Some of the assignments are better than others. But, your Recruiter has to be responsive and have your back or you're doomed for failure. They are great in the beginning to get you to accept an assignment, at the first sign of trouble or an issue though, they throw you under the bus and you are left on your own. No more phone calls, emails...it's like you don't exist anymore. To them, the bottom line is the client and the almighty dollar. We are just a commodity to them, and when you stop being a commodity they have no use for you anymore. Very disappointing, as I had some amazing recruiters earlier on, who went above and beyond to correct issues and be supportive when something was wrong.
Pros
Cons
Liars looking to line their pockets with money
Great
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Napoleon OhioDecember 4, 2016
Great company to work for. They were very responsive and quick with job placements. Assisted me throughout my contract and offered assistance when needed. High recommended
Great recruiters
Traveling Nursing Supervisor/ House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WINovember 30, 2016
I am enjoying working for them. Just wished pay rates could have been higher for what I do. They are receptive when contacted but could use more incentives for workers who get resigned. I never got the birthday card or Christmas card and I have been on assignment for almost six months with the Dame hospital. I believe staff are customers also.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay rates and perdiem and travel allowance is low
Very good employer
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jackson,TennesseeNovember 20, 2016
good support and follow up, work to get you placed in your preferred setting and location. Seem to genuinely care about employee well-being.
Great company and recruiters
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 10, 2016
This company has been able to answer any questions I have had. They have also resolved any issue that has come up as well. They have a great follow up process on getting someone into a job location.
Miss all the awesome account managers!
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2016
Worked with them for several years. The company is only as good as the recruiter you get! When my favorite recruiters left them so did I. Lost all trust with them. Used to love them...not anymore. Something drastically changed and the new people act like no one knows what is going on. NO personal attentiom to detail.
Pros
Cons
To many to list anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aureus Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Aureus Medical Group Reviews by Location