Aureus Medical Group

Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Awesome company
Travel CNA (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2016
This was the first time I've worked with a travel agency and they were very helpful and patient with me. They made sure I made it to my destination safely and also that I was living in a safe environment that was in close distance to the job. I would recommend them to anyone looking to do travel work as a nurse or aide.
Great company but hard to get ahold of my recruiter sometimes.
Physical Therapist Assistant, Travel (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2015
Very friendly people and they all seem to genuinely care, however, I think they must be made to attend too many meetings; it feels like every time I call, my recruiter is in another meeting! Working at a clinic where I have the same business hours as my recruiter makes it nearly impossible for us to touch base if needed. Emailing in the evening was our best communication.

Looking past that, they seem to work hard to get you the travel placement of your choice and seem to be up front and honest with what's available.
First traveling agency I've worked with...
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2013
I have been happy to work with Aureus Medical to get my feet wet in the traveling industry. However, I have grown dissatisfied with the quality of their service.
Pros
helpful as a first company to work with
Cons
poor management and unsatifactory customer service, pay and benefits
Great company
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 30, 2015
I have been with this company for years. It is a great company to wok for. Great job culture. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Pros
Lots of assignments
Cons
Different areas off different pay
There are better traveling companies to work for
Traveling Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 6, 2013
The company is more concerned with the contract than with the employee working on assignment. The first assignment I worked with Aureus was great and I could not have asked for a better recruiter, the initial housing was al little sketchy but was resolved. Since then I have moved to working in the upper midwest and have gone through 3 different recruiters who all were polite but left Aureus for different job opportunities. This current assignment has me living in an an extended stay motel and moving out on the weekends. When I talked to the recruiter about just staying all week I was told that was how the contract was written and I would have to pay to stay on the weekends. I've worked assignments with other traveling companies and have been treated much better than this with better pay. Needless to say I will be switching back to one of the other companies.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Housing, low pay, turnover of account managers, lack of communication and accountability
Small work place with lots of opportunity to learn and participate in otherwise unexplored respiratory endeavors
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Quincy, CAJune 14, 2012
Although this was generally a slow paced position which consisted of lots of out patient care such as ekg's, holters, event monitoring, abg's, and office management, it was also in direct liason with er, which included participation in all cardio/pulmonary emergecies and all births. There were cardioversions, resusitations, gunshots, and many end stage copders. The most enjoyable part were the co-workers and the patients. Although it was a small mountain community, and slow acceptance was expected, the people were really friendly. The hardest part was my fear of some thing coming up that I was not familiar with and not being able to get in touch with the dept head - which happened a few times - but it was figured out (executive decision)
Pros
room for growth
Cons
nearest metropolis was reno - over 80 miles away
RUN as fast as you can from this company.
Neurodiagnostic Tech (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 26, 2014
DO NOT take a contract job with this company. The pay is ROCK bottom and below industry standards. Housing is mediocre and cheap. The furniture was falling apart and the complex riddled with crime. Heaven forbid you have a family emergency and need to end the contract early. The harassment and abuse you will take from the recruiter is beyond description. Their only interest is in how much money they can make off of you. The negative reviews you read about this company are all accurate. NEVER EVER do business with them.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
LOW pay, terrible benefits, cheap unsafe housing
Depends on your account manager BEWARE
Travel nurse case manager (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 16, 2014
I worked for one account manager & no problems. Then I was sent to CA for a job that the hospital thought they had cancelled. R M, account manager, told me to stay & work as the hospital did not cancel the assignment. They did no orientation (had me sitting with people who did not do case management), locked me out of their computer system until my last day for 1 hour & then declared I was incompetent to do the job. I was never reimbursed for my travel expenses. R M did not return my phone calls nor respond to my emails. Cost me lots of money to go to the assignment.

Very unethical Aureus account manager & hospital they sent me to. When I heard the hospital dept manager tell her assistant that I would have to be found incompetent or they would have to pay the agency, R M said she did not believe me (Day2) Turns out they set it up just with this result.
Pros
Depends on account manager
Cons
Acct manager is your only contact, You do not know who her boss is so no way to appeal a bad acct manager.
Ask questions and make them pay you more they can.
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Small town mid westMarch 30, 2014
Left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.
Went to a small hospital where the management had not told Aureus or me what shift I would be working. I had no experience with the HIS and only knew one of the lab instruments. They wanted me to work over night shift where it was so slow that they had been taking call. When I may only do something once every week or two. This was not a good thing and they expected me to work every weekend when I was only 3 and 1/2 hours from home.
Pros
Cons
Had me do extra computer testing not for my job title
Get out while you still have a soul
Account Manager - Nursing Division (Former Employee) –  Omaha neOctober 7, 2015
The people are fine but the managemental and exec side is what ruin it. Talk about corporate America, that is what you get here.
One of THE worst travel agency companies EVER
nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 18, 2014
I worked for this company on the executive side and was quite pleased with them. When I decided to do another travel job I went back to them. This was the most disorganized assignment from the very beginning. I was told one thing then while en-route to the assignment many things changed. I am almost done with this assignment and they have yet to get my paycheck correct. They change your time-card. During the daylight savings time my time-card was changed to account for that decreased hour. I didn't even work that Saturday. I worked during the week. When I asked her about it she said she was tired and didn't know what she was doing. Why do they continue to change the time-card? Their site works half the time when entering your time. They are very unprofessional and deceptive. They place people in states and do not understand the employment/labor laws for that state. I will never, NEVER work for them again, on any side. The only reason I completed this assignment was the people at the work assignment. Otherwise I would have broken the contract.
Cons
incorrect pay, changes time-card, incorrect information for assignment, disorganized.
Thorough
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 10, 2016
Aureus Medical is an exemplary company who worked overtime to provide all my criteria for a safe assignment. They constantly check in to make sure the assignment is going well. A recruiter is always available.
Great if you enjoy traveling
Certified Respiratory Therapist Travel Therapist (Current Employee) –  Coudersport, PADecember 26, 2015
Depending on your location your days/nights vary with each assignment. Its a great way to earn experience at different hospitals and different locations
Great Company to work for
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wailuku, HIJanuary 3, 2016
Managers are helpful and responsive. Good job selection. Always available if a problem occurs and willing to help find a solution.
Travel corporation
PTA (Former Employee) –  Roswell, Santa Fe,September 2, 2015
Contracted with a facility that the PTA had walked out of the previous week. The PT was not available for that facility that day. It took me a week of 12 to 13 hour days to bring all the documentation up to date. According to AUREUS no one was available to help. I signed a contract with AUREUS for Oroville, CA. Traveled to California and reported to the facility to be told that they had contracted with another travel company and that the PTA had been there for two weeks!
Pros
Able to work in different locations.
Cons
Corporation unreliable
Great company to work for.
TRAVELING HISTOLOGY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 7, 2013
I have never worked for a company that had my interest at heart in
all aspects of the job.
I was sent to a small lab in Missouri for five weeks and loved it
so much that I stayed four months.
My co-workers were all great! I still keep in touch with them. The
management was even better.
The hardest part of the job was leaving but it was cold.
I learned a lot about immunostains.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Had to fly to get to Missouri
Great Start
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 16, 2015
Was able to find great opportunity in Kansas City and assured me a contract could be found in Denver thereafter. Offered Michigan. Not ready for Michigan
Transition in the work place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2013
It has been a pleasure working with the Aureus Staff.
Their professionalism within their Management staff has allowed for a work and life balance within their placement service. Being able to balance this transition has been very important to myself and family.
very poor recruiters
lab tech (Former Employee) –  variousMay 15, 2013
My account manager on my last assignment never answered her phone. Voicemails were not returned for days. I enjoyed the assignments I had but when there was a position in an area that I did not want I was pressured to take it. I verbally agreed then after I realized that it was very difficult to fly there I changed my mind. I was told I would not be able to work there if I did not take the assignment. The contract was a month away and they made no effort to get someone else. I never signed the contract then they wanted to charge me for housing because they didn't find a replacement.
Pros
travel and workng in different areas
Cons
recruiter and pressure to take unwanted assignments
Dishonest, Petty Company
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  USMarch 22, 2013
I recently finished up a contract as a travel nurse with this company. My experience with them was anything but pleasant. My recruiter was NEVER available to take calls when problems came up, as a matter of fact the guy intentionally dodged calls. They have a terrible employee evaluation system - one that does not take in account what the doctors and other professionals you work with have to say about you...if you happen to get sideways of your manager where you work, you're screwed, because that is the ONLY review that they will look at. As for dishonest, my recent contract was up in late February and they owed me the second half of my travel stipend, but didn't pay it...no explanation. I called and called and left messages with my (now ex) recruiter and he never returned my calls. If you're thinking of working for Aureus, RUN as fast as you can away!!
Pros
none that i can think of
Cons
terrible, indifferent recruiters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aureus Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.