Aureus Medical Group

Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Terrible terrible 1st travel experience
RTR (Former Employee), Rolla Mo.October 22, 2013
Cons: do not work for this agency you'll be sorry.
Unfair treatment. I was told I upgraded my room at the Motel. Aureus made my reservations. I was in the same room until my apt. was ready. Aureus took money from my check for the difference. Is this legal? I never approved or signed a document for a upgrade. I was sent to a dysfunctional Cath Lab. Extremely hostile work environment. They can't keep staff employed. Where the hospital sets you up in – more... an apt. were they have connections. They made me move the same day due to a leak underneath the kitchen sink. You have no rights. Aureus calls you that day and tell you the hospital said you were rude to the maintenance man and they have a good relation with the apt. complex your services are no longer needed. I was not rude. Aureus Medical doesn't care about the employee just the contract with the hospital. My dismissal wasn't work related. My contract was not honored. I said to my recruiter, you didn't care about my safety, his reply, Your a big girl. I'm not, I was scared and alone in a strange town. – less
Good place to work. Will attempt to find permanent placement positions
Travel Nurse (Current Employee), Assignment: Kaiser Hospital San RafaelSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: very supportive and accessible. work hard for employees.
Cons: slow in upholding terms of contract between me and assignment
Good Company to work for. Very helpful, accessible staff members. Were able to place me in travel assignment quickly.
Recruiter is very helpful
Travel Nurse (Former Employee), NDSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: housing
Cons: limited areas for lpn
Overall a nice travel company to work for. My recruiter is the best. Always taking my needs into consideration. Pay is nice, and housing is provided which is a big plus.
worst ever, low pay, poor benefits, incompetent and careless recruiters,
RN (Former Employee), NJSeptember 22, 2013
Cons: housing did not renew my housing when contract renewed and i had nowhere to live
Pass this agency right on by, shoddy work product from recruiters, and if it is not the last minute, they're not moving. They will try to steer you to low paying assignments in hospitals that they have already have accounts with.
Great Culture
Team Lead Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2013
Pros: job security, community involvement
positive work environment. enjoyed the work I did and the people I interacted with.
Great company!
Certified Surgical Technician Traveler (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2013
Pros: weekly pay
Since I started with Aureus I have encountered many helpful and friendly people. I have been treated with respect and integrity. The whole process as a traveler has been very smooth thanks to recruiters.
Traveling company
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 21, 2013
Took great care of me while on assignments, very flexible when problems came up.
you're a traveler, you're a pawn
SPD (Former Employee), Modesto, Clackamas, GreenburgJuly 20, 2013
Pros: free rent that you pay taxes on
Cons: who knows where they put you, or we give you some money to find your own place at short, short notice
I am often the most qualified employee on the workfloor with the exception of ST, As a traveler, this does not apply, they ask, you answer and they don't listen, and then they come back and say, "You're right" 5 times ?????

get ahead financially and then get out asap

they don't represent you when you're out there doing it right and sticking your neck out on an assignment, they represent the customer.

most assignments are with customers whose system and processes are not working and might be with new managers who shouldn't be in sterile processing in the first place
Friendly Staff; Very helpful
Traveling Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Tri-state areaJuly 8, 2013
Aureus Medical has placed me in various OT positions throughout the tri-state area. The staff is very helpful and friendly.
Good place to work for
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Port Chester, NYJune 24, 2013
Pros: pay, apt
Cons: medical
Great company - pay always on time, found great apt within budget.
Medical benefits are a joke.
no support from recruiter
employee (Former Employee), WVMay 22, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: disloyal
Awful company their recruiter told me I could no longer work for them due to being a dnr at a facility. worked 4 consecutive contracts at said facility starting 9 days after being told this by aureus.
Great Pay Poor Medical Benefits
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Port Chester, NYMay 15, 2013
Great pay, always paid timely.
Medical benefits offered were horrible.
very poor recruiters
lab tech (Former Employee), variousMay 15, 2013
Pros: travel and workng in different areas
Cons: recruiter and pressure to take unwanted assignments
My account manager on my last assignment never answered her phone. Voicemails were not returned for days. I enjoyed the assignments I had but when there was a position in an area that I did not want I was pressured to take it. I verbally agreed then after I realized that it was very difficult to fly there I changed my mind. I was told I would not be able to work there if I did not take the assignment. The contract was a month away and they made no effort to get someone else. I never signed the contract then they wanted to charge me for housing because they didn't find a replacement.
Transition in the work place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 12, 2013
It has been a pleasure working with the Aureus Staff.
Their professionalism within their Management staff has allowed for a work and life balance within their placement service. Being able to balance this transition has been very important to myself and family.
Temporary Agency
Temporary Positions (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2013
I worked at a few different companies through this company and they were all interesting and different.
Horrible place to work
Travel Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Center, OKMay 10, 2013
Cons: horrible place to work
This place was horrible. My pay check was never correct. They messed up my reimbursement for expenses. They made traveling a horrible experience for me. I was out in a city where i knew no one with out any money
Enjoyable work environment
Accounts Recievable (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 15, 2013
I enjoyed going to work everyday and worked in Corporate America. It was my first time working for a big company and I learned a lot from the position.
Average until any problem arises
Histologist (Former Employee), Multiple assignmentsMarch 28, 2013
Pros: job availability
Cons: everything else
This company is an average company and fine to work with UNTIL you have an issue. Real character shows in adversity. After a year of rave reviews I was betrayed by my recruiter when she sided with the hospital after I was given faulty equipment and asked to use it anyway. The hospital said I was a bad tech and Aureus sided with them. Again...this is after a YEAR of rave reviews. Ethics is not Aureus' strong point.
Dishonest, Petty Company
Travel RN (Former Employee), USMarch 22, 2013
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: terrible, indifferent recruiters
I recently finished up a contract as a travel nurse with this company. My experience with them was anything but pleasant. My recruiter was NEVER available to take calls when problems came up, as a matter of fact the guy intentionally dodged calls. They have a terrible employee evaluation system - one that does not take in account what the doctors and other professionals you work with have to say about – more... you...if you happen to get sideways of your manager where you work, you're screwed, because that is the ONLY review that they will look at. As for dishonest, my recent contract was up in late February and they owed me the second half of my travel stipend, but didn't pay it...no explanation. I called and called and left messages with my (now ex) recruiter and he never returned my calls. If you're thinking of working for Aureus, RUN as fast as you can away!! – less
First traveling agency I've worked with...
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2013
Pros: helpful as a first company to work with
Cons: poor management and unsatifactory customer service, pay and benefits
I have been happy to work with Aureus Medical to get my feet wet in the traveling industry. However, I have grown dissatisfied with the quality of their service.
Headquarters