Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

This is a traveling employer.
traveling PTA (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 19, 2016
I only worked at a single duty station for this traveling PTA employer. Under this employer I worked at Cheyenne Health Care Center, a SNF. While at this SNF, I most enjoyed interacting with patients that were motivated, bilateral amputees who I would have to hold back from compromising themselves with fatigue or balance.
Fun
Travel Pathologist's Assistant (Former Employee) –  off siteAugust 16, 2016
They went above and beyond for their employees. They help out any way they can. This is one of my favorite companies to work for.
CYA because they will lie & cheat to cover theirs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2016
There is always two sides to every story, here's mine: First I was told that my role would be to handle the ICU overflow. If no overflow then I was to "help out" in the dept. but would not be in charge of a team. In the time spent there at SLU, first off the orientation was atrocious, I was given a walk thru tour. It took two weeks to get a working computer code and even on my last day, I still had no access code to use the accucheck machine. No one properly discussed correct procedure with paperwork. I was given a patient (while orientating) and was told to "fill out the paperwork as best as you can and we'll go over it all later" but, later never came.
If I wasn't assigned to work the greeter area, then I was given 2 Pt's. At 2300 the pt ratio would either remain at 2 or at times increase to 3 Pt's. On Sat the 28th it was mass confusion as to which of us had the unassigned rooms. What attempted to be a collaborative effort turned into a cluster. So much for not being responsible for a team as told during my interview.
The 12 shifts I worked breakdown: 1 day-computer work(skills), tour, follow RN for 2 hrs.
3 days- Orient. follow RN but took Pt's. 2.5 days- Greeter box(sign in Pt's). 0.5 day- minor care w/ 4 Pt's decreased to 1 ICU pt. 1 day- float around and help out. 4 days- on my own.
I was unaccustomed to entering all my own orders and then to draw my own labs. The process took me slightly longer than a regular staff RN used to the system. Grant it my IV insertions are not the greatest but, have vastly improved. I maintained a positive,
  more... friendly, upbeat attitude however, I can say the majority of the employees I came into contact with were not as polite, welcoming or caring as I would have expected them to be.
Thank you for allowing me to state my side of the story.
Pros
Cons
Backstabbing & lying
Great company to travel with
Traveling CNA (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2016
I was a travel CNA through Aureus Medical Group! I Gave them a 4/5 of based on the lack of support and help from some of the account managers. I feel they are hit or miss. My orginal recruiter is amazing! 3 out of 4 of my account managers were great!

Positives:
Always put me in great housing and when there was issues they were addressed.

Staff was there 24/7 to help ( they have an after hours line)

Managers keep in contact with you based on your time zone! (I was in Hawaii which was 5 hour time difference and they would always check for a good time to talk before calling)

Contracts are in great hospitals/ LTC facilities

Contracts often avail in more than one area!

Pay scale was okay

Negatives:
There are certain account managers that are straight up jerks. Beware, you'll know right away from the first conversation who they are if you run across them, request a new one!

Most CNA contracts don't offer a per diem / meal allowance.

If your contracted in Hawaii expect to pay for your own rental car! Housing is nice but the rental car adds up ($165 WEEKLY)

All in all I feel it's a great company to work for and represent! They are there for their employees and care!
Pros
housing, managers, contracts
Cons
managers, meal allowances
Large, fun group of teammates who spent much time outside of work too including team building exercises.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 31, 2016
Large group of office staff who were all very close. Spent fun times outside of work too and the team would work cohesively together for the best interest of the patient and their families.
Wicked company that lack compassion
CNA (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 20, 2016
Those people are heartless. I lost my job at Trinity due to no fault of mine. They don't trust or support their staff. They don't listen to anything you have to say and won't work with you ever again which I could careless about. It starts off great and ends up badly. They don't. Hesitate in leaving you homeless. They stopped my unemployment benefit but I won my case in court too. No problem solving a skills. Agency from he'll. They are relatives of the devil.
Assignments
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2016
Aureus medical goes out of their way to find you the perfect assignment fully loaded apartment to live in.
Pros
Great staff
Love this company
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2016
Would recommend this company to anybody. Hey have made traveling therapy so easy and so much fun. Pay is fantastic. Thank you aureus.
Pros
I love the recruiters. Pay is fantastic and they make sure your needs are met
Cons
Wish they had a few more contracts in more cities.
Several job placements
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 25, 2016
I am a contract worker for this company. I have been with them for over a year now. My work day starts pretty early in the morning and that is what I prefer. Although I haven't experienced it, there could come a time where my company can't place me on an assignment because of the number of jobs needed. Overall I enjoy working for this company.
Cons
Vacation, Healthcare
Never work for
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  PAMay 20, 2016
I did a assignment few years back.
Pay was NEVER right.. always had excuses for why wrong; ex. "Your recruiter isn't organized"..
Mgmt was rude...

I'd never recommend them.
Cons
Pay incorrect weekly
Dedication Means Nothing to Aureus !!
Medical Lab Technician- Generalist (Former Employee) –  Cody WyomingMay 15, 2016
I gave 3.5 years of dedicated work with this company. I was ill treated on my last position with them and they didn't stand behind me. A PRN employee of the facility wanted to become permanent and so I was ousted.... Aureus even tried to make me pay back my unemployment benefits and they lost in court. My dedication to them and my word meant nothing! Never again will I recommend Aureus...

Fusion Medical is the bomb! They will treat you right!
Pros
?
Cons
Uncaring and not dedicated!
MRI technologist
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 9, 2016
It's so true.. Seems like a great company at first but If you upset just one person they blackball you and leave you out of a job.. Beware
Pros
Free travel
Cons
No support
Never any issues
RN Traveler (Former Employee) –  WyomingMay 8, 2016
Only worked for them for one tour in Cody, WY and I loved it! This was my first travel company and would have stayed with them but they didn't have assignments where I wanted to go.
Pros
Friendly and easy to work with, higher than average salary
Cons
limited sites
highly recommend
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 29, 2016
This company is great to work for! I had an issue with the place I was staying due to the property manager and lease agreement, however my account manager had me in a way nicer place within 4 days after our phone conversation. The pay is amazing, especially if you get on call overtime!!!
Pros
new places to see
Cons
being away from home
Very rewarding opportunities
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 20, 2016
Working for a travel company is very rewarding personally and professionally. I have been able to expand my experience and skills by learning new techniques and procedures that are performed at other facilities across the country.

Being able to meet new people and learn from other is a great benefit to any radiologic technologist's career.

Hardest part of the position is having to leave a place you really enjoyed once the contract has finished. It can be a bit stressful starting the next assignment due to unfamiliarity of the facility and people, but a well skilled technologist has very little trouble adjusting and fitting in.

Aureus Medical Group works very well with their employees to find them assignments that best match their needs and wants. They care about their employees and work hard to help ease any situation that may arise. I recommend working for this company if you ever want to experience traveling around the country and expanding your skills and experiences.
Pros
travel to various parts of the country, meeting new people and learning new skills and increasing your experiences
Cons
uncertain if a contract is going to last more than 13 weeks at a time.
i really enjoyed working for Aureus Medical
Traveling Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2016
It was exciting working for this company. I was able to go to places I never thought of going and I met some great people along the way.
Good company to work for.
Per Diem Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2016
It's nice being a travelling tech because I get to live in different places for a few months at a time. I get to work in different hospitals, meeting new people. My managers are very good at keeping in touch with me. They promptly inform me of any possible positions available. They take very good care of me while I'm on an assignment. The hardest part of the job is leaving my family for long periods.
Pros
My vacations between assignments are as long as I want.
Cons
Being away from home.
Very unprofessional
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2016
This company like most companies will not stand behind you. Doesn't matter that the job is asking you to do things they specifically asked you not to do... But changed their mind and then expect you to go against what you were told over and over . The hospital I worked for had actually fired 6 people prior to trying to hire me. I was told if I apologized I could work for them. I refused to back down to their demands and moved on and never looked back.
These companies do not realize we are going into unpleasant positions and when they don't workout you are the probkem! It's not a fair position to be in.
Awesome company
Travel CNA (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 22, 2016
This was the first time I've worked with a travel agency and they were very helpful and patient with me. They made sure I made it to my destination safely and also that I was living in a safe environment that was in close distance to the job. I would recommend them to anyone looking to do travel work as a nurse or aide.
Good at first but they dont support you.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAFebruary 19, 2016
On my 2nd assignment, I knew I would have a heavy work load and be working long hours, yet my account manager promised me if I was getting too worn out he would bring in another travel tech to help me.
This hospital just through me in with only one day of training on a GE machine I had never used. They never had their Radiologist talk to me about protocols so while I was trying to stay on schedule, I would get harassing phone calls from the Rad. Their prior tech had left so many protocol and they had a manager with no medical background.
After 6 weeks Aureus and this hospital brought in another tech. This was the mist hostile work environment I have ever worked at and this new tech critized me all the time. When I told my account manager all this all he would do is say try to hang in there.
I'm usually good with IV starts, but their cancer patients all had bad veins. They didn't have but only 1 other Nuclear Med tech to help out and he had a bad attitude.
I'm the end, this hospital cut my contract by 2 weeks and so their director had to write a review of my performance. It then has to go to a review board to see if I can still work for Aureus. It was bad, untrue. I wrote one too, but Aureus to the hospital's side. So I can't work for Aurues ever again.
So, don't get stressed out and make any mistakes, or Aureus will side with the hospital and you will have a bad record and cannot find another job.
Pros
Good pay and per diems. My Recruiter was very good.
Cons
Dont make any mistakes, they wont support you and leave you unemployed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aureus Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Aureus Medical Group Reviews by Location