Aureus Medical Group Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Will attempt to find permanent placement positions
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Assignment: Kaiser Hospital San RafaelSeptember 29, 2013
Good Company to work for. Very helpful, accessible staff members. Were able to place me in travel assignment quickly.
Pros
very supportive and accessible. work hard for employees.
Cons
slow in upholding terms of contract between me and assignment
Regional Recruiters, competitive salaries
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2013
Regional recruiters with up to the date job postings nationwide.
Benefits package not as desirable as competitors.
Pros
jobs availability
benefits
Wolf of Wall Street
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 31, 2014
Wolf of Wall street Culture
fairly high turnover but this was sales.
pockets of humanity but more focus on ME ME ME and MONEY
Did meet a few great people there.
Very high pressure for many
Challenging career with high earning potential
Recruiter/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 18, 2013
Co-workers are down to earth. The environment is one where people have fun and are not micro-managed. The hardest part of the job for me, is being in a chair for 8 hours a day.
you're a traveler, you're a pawn
SPD (Former Employee) –  Modesto, Clackamas, GreenburgJuly 20, 2013
I am often the most qualified employee on the workfloor with the exception of ST, As a traveler, this does not apply, they ask, you answer and they don't listen, and then they come back and say, "You're right" 5 times ?????

get ahead financially and then get out asap

they don't represent you when you're out there doing it right and sticking your neck out on an assignment, they represent the customer.

most assignments are with customers whose system and processes are not working and might be with new managers who shouldn't be in sterile processing in the first place
Pros
free rent that you pay taxes on
Cons
who knows where they put you, or we give you some money to find your own place at short, short notice
Good company to work for until there's any issues with the contract
EEG technician (Former Employee) –  Grand JunctionJuly 2, 2014
This was my first experience with a travel company. All went well and i was asked....almost begged to renew my contract 4 times. I had just renewed it for the 4th-time and two weeks later, im at work and was suddenly informed my contract was being canceled and was shown the door. Called my recruiter to find out why this had happened; at this point i still had no idea why they had canceled it and she wouldn't tell me. She calls me 2-days later and says, "We've reviewed your contract and have decided not to renew it". This was the only explanation I received. I was only told, as a contractor, we don't have to tell you why your contract was canceled. So bottom line is they're great till something happens, you'll get no due process or explanation of why your being dropped and zero support from your recruiter. Obviously they don't give a hoot about you and are just worried about making money off you until your no longer of use to them.
Pros
recruiter followed through with things i needed at first
Cons
no due process for contract disputes, they will drop you with no notice or explanation, they will always side with the employer if you have issues
Terrible terrible 1st travel experience
RTR (Former Employee) –  Rolla Mo.October 22, 2013
Unfair treatment. I was told I upgraded my room at the Motel. Aureus made my reservations. I was in the same room until my apt. was ready. Aureus took money from my check for the difference. Is this legal? I never approved or signed a document for a upgrade. I was sent to a dysfunctional Cath Lab. Extremely hostile work environment. They can't keep staff employed. Where the hospital sets you up in an apt. were they have connections. They made me move the same day due to a leak underneath the kitchen sink. You have no rights. Aureus calls you that day and tell you the hospital said you were rude to the maintenance man and they have a good relation with the apt. complex your services are no longer needed. I was not rude. Aureus Medical doesn't care about the employee just the contract with the hospital. My dismissal wasn't work related. My contract was not honored. I said to my recruiter, you didn't care about my safety, his reply, Your a big girl. I'm not, I was scared and alone in a strange town.
Cons
do not work for this agency you'll be sorry.
Great Culture
Team Lead Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2013
positive work environment. enjoyed the work I did and the people I interacted with.
Pros
job security, community involvement
Any good reviews on here are probably from Aureus recruiters. They suck.
ICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2012
They got me jobs, but I was very unhappy with the service I received. Also they were very shady and lied to me about several things that I called them out on (mainly having to do with taxable stipend issues). I always felt like they tried to push me into certain jobs and not actually looking for jobs in the places I wanted to go. I know there is only a certain number of jobs at any one time, but I felt I was lied to a lot.
Pros
none above any of the other regular travel companies.
Cons
unethical
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2014
Great atmosphere. Great training. Great management. Good people all around.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
very tough job - not for everyone
Aureus Medical great company to work for!!
Traveling Agency Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2012
Great experience! Compensation and benefits are unbelievalble!
Great Company!
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 5, 2013
Great all around company. Great pay and benefits. Helped out getting started in a new area from start to finish.
If You like to travel...
Radiology technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2015
A great company to work for based on my experience. This is a company that offers medical professionals traveling contracts within US. They are organized, pleasant and on top of it!
Highly recommended.
I have enjoyed being with Aureus but I want a permanent hospital now.
CST-traveller (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2015
Fast paced. My co workers are helpful and fun to be around. Every day is a new day. Going to different levels of hospitals, from level 1 to level 3. I like the trauma cases and/or long cases.
Pros
tax free stipends
Cons
different recuiter for each assignment
Good place to work for
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJune 24, 2013
Great company - pay always on time, found great apt within budget.
Medical benefits are a joke.
Pros
pay, apt
Cons
medical
sign on bonuses
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2015
very good to work for. they keep in contact with you frequently. on top of it. put up in very nice housing. concerned with you as a person not just as a employee.
Great Pay Poor Medical Benefits
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Chester, NYMay 15, 2013
Great pay, always paid timely.
Medical benefits offered were horrible.
Average until any problem arises
Histologist (Former Employee) –  Multiple assignmentsMarch 28, 2013
This company is an average company and fine to work with UNTIL you have an issue. Real character shows in adversity. After a year of rave reviews I was betrayed by my recruiter when she sided with the hospital after I was given faulty equipment and asked to use it anyway. The hospital said I was a bad tech and Aureus sided with them. Again...this is after a YEAR of rave reviews. Ethics is not Aureus' strong point.
Pros
job availability
Cons
everything else
Never again
COTA (Former Employee) –  Kennett, Mo.July 2, 2014
I hated having to fax weekly proof of my housing costs to them. They only paid you what you had proof of spending, so you couldn't make good money. I believe the other reviews that say that they only care about their contracts and not their employees. I won't sign my name to any more of their contracts. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me Twice, shame on me.
Pros
the assignment was in my home state.
Cons
weekly faxing of expenses for housing.
Great company
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2014
I love this company, everyone is friendly and very professional. They are attentive to the needs of the employee , I really can not say enough good things about Aureus I highly recommend them to any healthcare professional interested in traveling!
Pros
good benfits, they stay in touch and are thourogh
Cons
none i have seen yet

Aureus Medical Group Reviews by Location