Aurora Behavioral Health Care Employee Reviews

Needs leadership
nurse (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAApril 21, 2017
The hospital has not leadership. Management is punitive, arrogant and out of touch with the times. The patients are negleted and mistreated. A lot of the staff is connected to the administration as frinds and family and does not care. Some of the staff is very ignorant, narrow minded and stupid.
I do not recomend this place to anyone. Only lazy, misfit, and low than average performance poeple work in this place, and the salary is terrible.
Pros
garden
Cons
needs to sold for land
You get what you put in.
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical work day can be stressful or entertaining, you never know what you're going to walk into. You get what you put into it though. Plenty of people go through the motions, some by choice others due to ineptitude. There are enough employees though that find a way to become great at their job, and hold the place up. These employees are typically the ones that are happy with their job, genuinely enjoy what they do, and are taken advantage of. The pay is bad, most competing locations offer 150% of the typical wage received here. That being said much of the leadership makes up for it. Without a doubt it is thanks to the hard working supervisors that order and decency is maintained while pay is so low. The results are a mix of a few long timers and mostly high turn over rate. This place is a stepping stone for sure, but they understand that and use it to their advantage. As a student or new grad I would recommend working here to learn the ropes. They will take almost anyone. As an experienced healthcare provider I would advise you to stay away, the bar is set pretty low there. In the spectrum of healthcare this place is not the toughest to work at, which also lures in some long timers that seek a steady work environment.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Poor pay.
Great First Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2016
Relatively stress-free job. Great co-workers. Managing front desk was a fantastic first job for me. I learned how to handle many stressful factors at once.
Pros
Great schedule.
Cons
Minimal pay
Beware the supervisors
Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2016
Good learning experience due to the variety of patients I got to work with. Supervision, however, was awful. I would not recommend to my worst enemy. Rude and condescending. Set in their ways and closed-minded.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
Supervisors were horrible
It's all good
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2016
- Great Team
- Great Staff
- Fast Paced Environment
- Pay is rather lacking
- A typical day is far from typical. If you can't hit the floor running, then this is not the place for you. Fast paced mean fast paced. There is always something to do. This is not a place for someone who likes to have a lot of time on their hands or scheduled breaks/lunches. Sometimes the days goes by so fast you forget to take a break.

- The most enjoyable part of my day is the camaraderie shared between co-workers while admitting patients.
Great enviroment enjoyed working with the staff and patients
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego CaOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed working in the mental health facility with the children, my goal was to provide a positive expeirience for the patients and my co-workers.
Pros
Being able to help patients thrive
Cons
Dfficult enviroment do to patient conditions
Management supported from a distance.
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2015
Fellow staff helped each other and cared for the pts in a positive way, staff was always receptive to information given by peers that would help in pt care and improve job performance. Politics was always present in the work place and did have a small impact on the work culture in a negative way. Management did have regular inservices that were positive and very informative for staff in taking care of pts and helping them be better care givers.
Pros
Good inservices for employees.
Cons
Benefits could have been better.
Wonderful co-workers
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Great people to work with. However a very unsupportive administration. All sticks no carrots.
management
sean smith (Former Employee) –  CaAugust 9, 2014
There interviewing process:
is very slow to say the least,
Management really doesnt know how to hire
new staff: So if your looking for a quick hire,
its not gonna happen.
Great start for Psych-Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 17, 2014
Overall, Aurora Behavioral Health Care is a good place to work. Great staff. Doctors are nice. If interested in Psych this is definitely a great place to work.
a simple receptionist position
Receptionist - Greeted and registered visitors (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2013
It was a good place to work. Nothing exceptional, but good. All I did was answer phone calls and route them to the different departments. Greet guests or future patients into the lobby for assessment.
Pros
little supervision
Cons
none I can think of
Aurora is good place to work and gives you good experience. Employees and Doctors are great, good management.
Staff RN PICU (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2012
I really enjoyed working in a Psych Unit, I'm currently working in PICU where we admitted mentally unstable patients, some are vey aggressive,verbally and physically. I learned on how to deal in a very difficult situations, on how to deescalate a vey violent aggressive patient. It takes a lot of patience and compassion to work with mentally ill patients and I a'm proud to have these to two attitudes. I am a good team player, I am always around when my co workers needed help with anything at work. I have a good relationship with my co-workers and staff, I believe that, in order for you to enjoy your work place you have to have a good relationship with the people you are working with.
Pros
affordable meals, am shift starts at 0700, good employees, good doctors.
Cons
its a long drive from where i live, low salary increase.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Behavioral Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9