Aurora Health Care Employee Reviews

Typical day
Durable Medical Equipment Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 18, 2017
Loading truck the deliveries for patients. Drive to home of residence, delivery and instruct use of items delivered. Go to next patient address. Can drive up to 300+ miles a day. Stops do include picking up items from patients home.
Pros
Work on your own, being outdoors most of the time
Cons
can be stressful
Aurora health care
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 17, 2017
Aurora is a good place to work but very little room for advancements. They do have a 401k and healthcare benefits. The supervisors are great when it comes to family emergencies. All and all i would say it's a good place to get your foot in the door
nurseing home
Kitchen helper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, MOOctober 15, 2017
I worked as a kitchen aide i am the one who helped make the food for the nursing home i also stocked the area and put all the foods away and i took out trash and passed out snacks
Productive and pleasant
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Slinger, WI 53086October 11, 2017
Overall a nice environment and atmosphere to work in. Employees are helpful and nice. The doctors are very pleasant and caring to their patients. I would recommend employment and patient care. Supervisor is pleasant and accommodating.
Pros
respectful, caring, concern
Cons
long commute
aurora experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 10, 2017
Aurora very good place to work. Clinic setting not supportive- management was poor. Hardly never seen your manager. Within the 1 1/2 years at clinic setting, I went through 3 managers, 4 supervisors and 3 providers. Current Supervisor was great.. work and life balance good. awesome co-workers and supportive providers made good place to work.
Cons
management
work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summit, WIOctober 7, 2017
I enjoy that every day is different. I've learned new skills during my employment. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the different types of families that we have.
Exciting and challenging workplace
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2017
Aurora is a wonderful place to work at, the people and colleagues are amazing and always willing to help each other grow and excel in their careers. Friendly, Managers are friendly and easy to talk to. Wages are not very good, and I wish there was more room for advancement.
Overall They care
Clinical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIOctober 2, 2017
Aurora as a whole clearly cares about their employees. Unfortunately the managers of my department were not management material. I loved most of my coworkers, but you get that anywhere. My biggest issue is the double standards from management and the games they played.
Did not care for the position
Patient Access Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2017
My hours were constantly changed. It was very stressful and I was not happy working here this is why I left Aurora. All of the employees were very negative about their job.
Aurora Grafton - Care and Work with HEART
Professional Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WISeptember 30, 2017
I've worked at the Aurora Grafton campus for 2 years and can only say that my experience has been WONDERFUL. My direct supervisor is kind and focused on both staff and patients. My work environment is reasonably paced and we offer care found in many much larger medical centers but in an environment that offers personal and patient focused care. I feel valued, cared for as an employee, engaged, and respected. I am encouraged to further my education, given the tools to become board certified in my specialty, offered career advancement through the career ladder, and offered opportunity to be involved in the daily workings and decisions of the department and organization as a whole. It may sound like Shangri-La or Nirvana and some may not believe my perception and experience is true, but, I guarantee that what I've written is indeed my experience at Aurora Health System and the Grafton and St. Luke's Medical Center Campus environments.
Pros
Management, Physical layout of hospital, benefits, vacation time, staff involvement, patient focused care - patient is ALWAYS first, coworkers, Senior management available and visible, Smiles and laughter
Cons
Can be VERY busy some times, Cafeteria food is marginal (sorry), Can work short staffed some days
Not a good place to work
Patient Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2017
Clique management. and the insurance is less then acceptable. the job all together is not a good place to work. to many downs than ups. I would not recommend to my enemy
Pros
pay
Cons
management
The best to place to Work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WI 53142September 27, 2017
I was employed with Aurora Health Care for the past 7 years, and I enjoyed every minute of it! When I was first hired on, I floated to different areas throughout the hospital/clinic. I learned a lot and met a lot of awesome people! Eventually, I obtained a full time position with my NP! I would rather not name due to confidentiality, but she is an awesome caregiver, and loves what she does! If anyone who works in healthcare decides to move to Wisconsin, please apply to Aurora Health Care! You will not be disappointed!
Pros
Pto, dental, health, vision, life insurance, flex accounts, awesome people!!
Cons
short breaks
Loved working with such a great team
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 25, 2017
MOST of the time everyone is always readily and willingly available to help. You're constantly learning new things, and you always see something different. The only thing I would say was a con was being a sitter all the time.
Pros
People, patients, hospital enviornment
Cons
Sitters
Great Employer
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WI 53086September 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Aurora Healthcare but I was not given enough hours to sustain my family so I had to go find other work with another company.
Focused on patient care
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 22, 2017
Aurora has a strong patient care and disease prevention mission. The clinic was fast-paced and the provider schedules were typically full each day. Providers listen to patient needs intently.
Good at first, then realized it is a dead end job
Release of Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2017
At first I learned a lot. But soon realized that it was a dead end job. Human resources does not promote from within. I thought this position would lead to other positions or advancement. That never happened. Management does not support or advocate their employees. Hardest part of job is working with crabby patients. Best part of the day is leaving for the day. Work place culture is lame.
Pros
Close to where I live
Cons
No possiblity of advancement or training
Great
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
Arosra eas a good place to work room for advancemen and everyone got along management was fair and i was sllowed to work as many hours as desired also allowed to take off wgen i want i would recommen this busiiness to others
Pros
Peacful
Cons
I had to relocate
good company
Director, Donor Relations (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2017
I always had opportunity to do family things -- recognition of family being priority. The expectations are high and at the same time employees are supported.
manager very nice person
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 18, 2017
love coming to work because manager is very positive person goes beyond his job to help out and well work any shift hes need no matter how much work there is he is right there working along with you
very easy person to talk with and ask questions and he doesn't know the answer to something he well find it for you
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Very rewarding place of employment
Rehabilitation Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WISeptember 15, 2017
Aurora Health Care is a very professional Health Care Facility with off-shoot centers. It was a privilege to work in more than one of their facilities. I learned and received excellent training and had experiences that allowed me to work in different areas where I learned much regarding the processes and flow of the entire hospital.
Pros
Had regular meetings that kept employees up-to-date on current and projected plans and direction.
Cons
In health care, week-end hours are rotated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.