Aurora HealthCare Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIAugust 21, 2017
variety of skills honed; hours not compatible with family life and education; enjoyed helping people;
Able to employ a variety of skill sets; hours were not compatible.
Pros
Professional setting
Cons
Current management needs to change
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 20, 2017
People don't leave jobs, they leave management. Unfortunately, this is currently the situation here. Until there are some changes, I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Management, clicky, you are just a number
Run far away
Coder I (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 18, 2017
This is such a toxic work place. Very stressful. High turn around. staff is treated poorly. Leadership if more of a joke. Supervisors have the title but offer no knowledge in the area they supervise. They have no clue. Very disappointing how a company can be great and after a few years become an unrecognizable place to work. Leadership should be a resource and they cant answer any questions. They only enjoyable thing the job had to offer is the rest of the team. However, leadership does not encourage team work. Don't talk to each other. Don't ask questions. If you want to have a conversation with someone do it outside the building. When I started working here it was a complete opposite place. So think of the best work environment, that is WHAT IT WAS. Now think of the worse environment, that is WHAT IT HAS BECOME.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Poor Leadership
Facility worked at is no longer managed or owned by Aurora.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTAugust 16, 2017
Responsible for meeting the psychosocial needs of 120 long term residents. Assisted as needed on short term unit. Managed a department of Four. Served as field faulty for internship program at University of Saint Joseph's.
Pros
Cons
Expectations exceeded hours in the day.
Great working environment
Senior Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2017
Was provided a position in which I met great people and learned many great things from them. I was also able to complete many great products that contributed to the overall environment of the hospital.
Rewarding and fun workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I made a difference for people. I helped people pursue their dreams in finding the right employment opportunity.
Pros
Environment and culture
Enjoyable place to work
Insurance Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIAugust 14, 2017
I enjoy working for Aurora, however, there is always a cloud of uncertainty hanging over my head, as we are in a position to be moved out of our current location. It makes a good job feel non secure. The pay is great, and the ability to earn PTO is wonderful as well. If I knew I could stay in West Bend, or very close by, I would not search for another position.
Hard work, on call, long hours
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIAugust 13, 2017
Casual atmosphere which I liked. Has the typical coworker personality conflicts at times like any other job. The on call hours were the worst part of this job and if you got called in could be there all day. This was my main reason for quitting. Management was always available to answer any questions which was awesome. Interesting work and can be very physical at times.
Pros
Great manager, casual atmosphere
Cons
On call hours, not getting out on time.
Aurora
Data Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2017
Very good place to work. The pay i s under the area average
Felt like a family member. My Supervisor was great and willing to roll up her sleeves to get the work done.
Pros
Felt like a family
Cons
advamcement and compensation
Ok place to work
Clinical Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2017
People that I work with is friendly and helpful. They are always willing to help out whenever it is needed. Patient care is very important and they like to treat the patient's with great care and not just another number.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 11, 2017
Aurora is a nice place to work for. It is always working to stay competitive creating stability as a work place. Professionalism and acceptance is a must.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
hard to find coverage when needed
Ok
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 7, 2017
Ok place to work depending on Supervisor and department, similar to other healthcare facilities. Pay is less than a lot of other healthcare facilities.
They paid on time
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  518 Bustelton PikeAugust 7, 2017
A typical work day was sometimes difficult because the client would be having a bad day. So I would give her encouragement. I learned to have patients to deal with the different mood swings and that was the hardest part of the job. But the important part wasto be able to make her day prosper.
Communication, Attentiviness, Punctuality and teamwork
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIAugust 3, 2017
I want to work in an environment where there is teamwork and less pointing fingers at each other

Aurora could use better management and better communication skills as well
Best place to work or send your loved one to live.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIAugust 2, 2017
This is the most amazing company I have ever worked for,. the only reason I ever left was because I had to move back to Florida. The way it was ran was uncomparable to the places in Florida.
great place to work
Patient service representative (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 2, 2017
aurora is a great place to work in the health care field, there are so many opportunities that can be discovered with this organization. Each department is more a family, then a work environment!!
Summary
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 2, 2017
My typical day at work involves answering phone calls, making appointments, and taking messages for the providers. I have learned to communicate with my co-workers better to cut down on confusion. The management is good, they just take a while to resolve some solutions.
it was a very fast paced, productive work place
Pharmacy Technician/Customer Service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2017
I enjoyed my 81/2 years there as one of the lead Pharmacy Tech, I loved my patients, most of the staff I worked with, my hours were ideal, no weekends.
Cons
non I can think of
Decent staff with minimal drama, knowledgeable upper management
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2017
Decent place to work, training opportunities, both online and in-person, fair constructive feedback, flexible schedules - "Family First" motto. Very good vacation package - earn vacation hours each pay period. No evenings, weekends or holidays.
Pros
Consistent, vacation/time off policies, no holidays, no weekends
Cons
Expensive company healthcare benefiits
na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 23, 2017
Management is always changing. No communication with staff about policies being changed. Management puts you on the schedule on days that you do not work without asking if you are able to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.