Aurora Public Schools Employee Reviews

Disappointed
Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 6, 2017
Was disappointed when my job was cut and was not placed in a like position after 18 years of service. After years of loyalty and taking on more tasks they let people go without a second thought.
Good work environment, great manager.
ET System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 31, 2017
Good place to work, you start with a morning meeting and get a game plan for the day. The days would consist of repairing, maintaining and new instillation of all camera systems devices including programming, burglar systems devices and programming, access control systems and devices and fire systems and devices.
Pros
great supportive boss Bob McClean
Cons
Benefits were over 1, 500.00 a month, all wage increases have been put on hold for 5yrs.
I enjoy making meals that were nutritional for the students
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work was rewarding when I realized that some students only nutritional meals were what we prepared at school. That many were not even fortunate enough to afford just that. I was more than happy to put my best foot forward in making their meals healthy and satisfying.

I learned that if children eat a well balanced meal or not can affect their day whether they succeed in their studies.

The hardest part was to turn them down if they could not afford to eat.

The most enjoyable part was mingling and getting to know the students and making their favorite meals.
Pros
Seeing the kids everyday watching them grow
Cons
Wishing I could feed each and everyone with out worrying about their over balance
A glance from a pedagogue into education
French Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 24, 2017
I worked two years in Aurora Public Schools and then as a substitute in Jefferson County to the present. I love education and the joy of the students. My resume may be a bit confusing but basically, I taught Denver Public Schools-full-time, Jeffco part-time, Aurora 2 and half years full-time and then back to Jeffco as a sub. I would like to transfer into the private sector as a receptionist or similar position. I have done that in the past for short-term and would like to continue doing that.
Opinion: Arrive 6 a m and leave 4 pm. Taught French to 150 kids every day. Loved it.
I learned that everyone has something to offer. I loved the diversity and the development potential of all students.
I was extremely competent in my classroom. I keep a strict structure. Management from the top depended on the principal and staff. Great variations. Some better than others.
Hardest part of the job: seeing kids with so many personal problems that learning became a real challenge for them.
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing young faces everyday who were eager to learn. Exciting and fun. I love the kids. Makes teaching and the data tracking all worth it, just to see them smile and learn.
Hard work
Special Needs Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2017
It is a nice place to work but your day is broke up and you may not get a lot of hours. You work with kids and sometimes they do not work with you so you have to be on your toes.
Pros
You get to meet some great kids
Cons
crazy hours
Caring Community
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 17, 2017
i worked at Rangeview High School. The school was like home for me. My colleagues were great and my administration supported me. The students were the best part of working there.
Collaborative and forward moving district
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 30, 2017
Aurora School District is dedicated to the students they serve; providing a challenging and rigorous curriculum. Students are pushed to succeed by a highly qualified and caring staff of educators.
Pros
Good salary, easy to balance life and home
Cons
large class sizes
Aurora Public Schools struggles to support students and teachers.
Middle School Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 30, 2017
I worked at Mrachek Middle School under a long time principal. He did not support teachers. If there was a fight in your classroom and you called security, no one showed up. Teachers have been attacked and harassed in the school without any consequences. The year I left, 22 teachers and staff left. Since then principal has since been fired.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of support
Aurora Public Schools
Teacher for Students with Visual Impairments (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 24, 2017
Aurora Public Schools was a joy to work for. I loved my students and the support I received from the staff as a first year teacher. My supervisors made sure I was not overwhelmed with first year requirements and my caseload.
I feel that the Aurora Public Schools are accomplishing their goal of educating the students.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 19, 2017
As a Substitute Teacher I follow the lesson plans left by the absent teacher. I also leave the teacher notes concerning what I accomplished in each class and any discipline problems. The support in the classroom is always excellent.
Pros
Yes there are free breakfasts and lunches available to Substitute Teachers.
Cons
I have no complaints about the Aurora Public Schools.
The School Rocks!
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 12, 2017
I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at Aurora Quest. There is no greater group in the Denver Metro Area!
They have built a super program at Quest. Your kids will love it!
Pros
Adaptable- the Guiding Principals
Cons
Excellent educational environment with creative and caring co-workers; love working as a member of our Educational Services team!
Speech Therapist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 7, 2017
I have learned to juggle time and use it efficiently in order to meet the daily demands of this job. My rewards are great---students with achievements and sharing/collaborating with intelligent staff that want to do the right thing!
Pros
Autonomy; if you are doing your job, great freedom to express yourself!
Cons
Little exposure to the world of business---which I would like to further explore
Para mí fue muy bueno
A head costodian (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 23, 2017
Buen trabajo sin presión
Que aprendí muchas cosas importantes
La dirección g muy importante
Mis amigos bueno un 80%
Las conferencias
La libertad
Pros
Cons
Siempre avía tiempo óíü
Variety of jobs and satisfaction of helping children
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with the children as it was a good feeling knowing I could help them advance in their education and knowledge. The teachers were helpful and communication was key to help the children succeed in their education.
Pros
Hours and benefits were very good
Cons
Lack of communication between administration and teachers
Productive and enyoyable place to work.
Head Custodial (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 31, 2017
Inspect the building in the morning make sure that everything is in working order.
What l learn.
learn that everyday is different.
sit dawn with manager early in the morning to plan our work day and see if there is any priority.

Workplace culture,
my organization traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors, and attitudes. Culture is important, what affects it, and how to define it.

The hardest part of the job.
Is when l don,t get my supply on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job.
Is working with customers, staffs, and students.
Pros
Cons
When snowing
Excellent job for someone who loves kids
Campus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 2, 2017
The job takes some getting used to but if you're used to working in a fast paced environment and love kids then working for APS is a good fit.
Pros
Good benefits
Awesome schedule
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2016
This job is perfect if you enjoy helping others. Requires patience and lots of attention to detail. Overall a Aurora Public School is a good company to work for.
Pros
Nights and weekends off
Cons
Benefits for family
Aurora Public Schools
Budget Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 24, 2016
When I first started at APS 8 years ago the leadership team was very strong, every executive member had educational experience and the district was advancing in getting students to achievement levels, Since the start of my tenure at APS, all but one member of the executive team has turned over and there have been 5 different CFO's within that timeframe, the finance team is currently without a CFO and has been for the past 6 months. This illustrates the lack of co-hesiveness among the critical support divisions that run the district. The strengths of this district lie with the teachers, principals support staff and community, until APS can balance those resources their struggles will continue. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping the schools plan their resources in a way that benefited the students the most.
Pros
Team members
Cons
work life balance, dependence on funding by the state
Fun place to work for if you enjoy kids.
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 5, 2016
Great place to work. Schedule is great. However, income is what makes people leave. Lunch ladies are the best and brightest people around. And who doesn't love a person who just gives you food. I love working for a school. I love children. If only the pay was way more, it would be a dream.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Very little pay
Awesome place to work for parents!!
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 17, 2016
Aurora public schools is a really good opportunity if you are a parent with children in school. I affords you the time to take your children to school and pick them up in the afternoon.
Pros
Flexability to be with your children
Cons
Pay not comprable to other districts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval