Aurora University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, professional environment that encourages student success
Biology Undergraduate Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 29, 2016
Aurora University is a very friendly and professional environment for both employees and for students. The educational atmosphere is professional and it encourages the highest level of learning and understanding.
Great people, great place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 16, 2015
Working in the department of athletics at Aurora University has been a very rewarding learning experience in all facets of a career. The entire school is dense with skilled professionals who are striving for the peak of performance for students and other professionals alike. I have had the opportunity to learn exceptional leadership skills, management styles, and my own way of leading from the assistance of administrators, professors, and other coaches. Although time consuming, being a graduate assistant in the athletics department was an extremely rewarding experience.
Pros
enthusiastic staff, affordable education, personalized education
Productive and influential work place.
Office of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 20, 2015
For this position I was a caller. It exposed me to what a sales position would be like. I literally had to sell the university to people who have previously attended the university. This job helped me work on my persuasion skills, and helped me think on my feet.
Pros
experience and connections
Cons
work study job, low compensation
Busy and fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Williams Bay, WIMay 14, 2015
Busy preparing food for meal service that evening, Management was unstable, coworkers were warm and helpful. There was no difficulty to the job everything is explained very well, co workers where very helpful. The most enjoyable part was meeting people from all of over.
Pros
free lunch and dnner
Cons
short breaks and under staffed
Better campus jobs offered
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 24, 2015
Awful management.
The job title of "Event Crew Member" turns into doing anything & everything asked of you. They will look down to you if you ask questions, too.
Cons
job description will "expand" after accepting the job
Aurora University Student Admissions
Admissions Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work was muli tasking between mailings, answering telephones, greeting students and recruiting.I learned personal experience can be used in order to make others feel welcome. Sympathizing with potential and current students made them feel much more welcome. The management looked out for my best interest as a student myself. They were flexible and gentle hearted. My co workers were a great asset due to competitiveness and keeping each other accountable. The most difficult part of the job was the hours. The shifts were usually during special events and club meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in potential stuents' choices. Whether students chose Aurora University or not, I felt that I made a difference in peers' decisions about the right fit for them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
the hours of operation
If constant org change is your thing, then this is a good place for you.
Academic (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 5, 2015
I worked there over 5 years and had 6 different bosses. The senior staff was always re-organizing the university departments every 8 to 10 months while I was there.

Pay is terrible and much less than counter-parts at other universities. Seniority is a joke.

Don't expect to have much of a family life, you are expected to be a 7 day a week service employee on top of your regular duties.

I wasted a lot of effort and time here, trying to meet their ever-changing expectations. Nepotism is rampant...just check the online employee directory.
Pros
nice suburban setting
Cons
constant org change, no family life, low pay, no parket
A growing institution
Defensive/Special Teams Coordinator, DBs Coach (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2015
The university is in the process of growing into a place that wants to compete at the national level. As an alum, I have a unique perspective. We were a very strong program in the 1990's when I played and are rebuilding currently.
Good work life balance
Library Assitant-Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 21, 2014
Was able to have a good time here. Was able to use resources to help with my education.
The Value of Team Work
AU Spartan News Editor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2014
Everyday you have a million task that you need to get done and this isn't the time or place to go into things alone. The constant input of others around me help make every task enjoyable and educational.
Interesting and fast-paced work environment
Event Coordinator-Set-Up/Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 31, 2014
Excellent place to work. Challenging yet fun. Always something different.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never work the same hours
Great Work Place while a student
Crouse Center Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 22, 2014
You don't necessarily make a lot of money working here but because you are working at a school especially while being a student there they are very understanding to work with your school schedule.
Registrar's Office Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 15, 2014
Typically I would answer phone calls from students and alumni in regards to registration, transferring, transcripts or personal name/address changes. I would also scan documents and files into the Aurora University software, Datatel. I learned how important it is for the various departments within a company to communicate between one another. I really enjoyed my co-workers who were a mixture of students like myself and more experienced individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply the experience I obtained. Through this particular job I was able to gain office experience, scanning and copying experience and phone experience.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
part-time
Productive and fun.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 4, 2014
It was a good work place with high energy people around me. The hardest part was to get alumni to give back to the school. Most the enjoyable part of the job was talking to alumni and hearing their school experiences.
Pros
snacks
Cons
not enough hours
Great opportunity to grow
Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 14, 2014
I worked at Aurora University through out my student life and into my professional life. I grew there exponentially and would consider it a great stepping stone in my life.
Pros
career development opportunities
Cons
very political work atmosphere
computer lab assistant
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 18, 2013
open or close the computer lab to students enrolled in the university. I would aid students in computer problems such as not being able to save. different Microsoft word excel and other office problems. would maintain the printer as well as do minor repairs on the printers.
Student Work; Filing, answering phones, preparing new packages.
Student Worker/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 13, 2013
I really enjoy my work at the Gradute Office. Always busy. It is a good place for a Student Worker to work at.
Terrible place for an adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 24, 2013
AU is constantly getting rid of adjuncts for ones with more experience; this doesn't provide new teachers with much experience. Pay is decent. You can only work a limited amount of credit hours throughout the entire year which means no sort of health insurance. I was hired at the last minute and given zero resources; I had to design and develop the entire class and then I was dumped after the semester ends. My boss was a strange person. I worked in a building that wasn't even for my discipline. Never saw any of my colleagues. Felt isolated then entire time. Basically, the life of an adjunct is poor because the university doesn't want to cough up the annual salary us teachers deserve.
Pros
pay per credit hours
Cons
lack of leadership, communication, and resources.
great learning environment
student (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 2, 2013
I as able to learn and grow a great deal being a student at Aurora University
Rewording Experience
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 28, 2013
Work to maintain the IT infrastructure in place. Helped update and install software and update hardware in computer labs. Assisted students and faculty with computer related issues. Great people to work with.
Pros
on campus, great bosses, educational.