Aurora University

Aurora University Employer Reviews

Great Work Place while a student
Crouse Center Student Intern (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 22, 2014
You don't necessarily make a lot of money working here but because you are working at a school especially while being a student there they are very understanding to work with your school schedule.
Registrar's Office Student Worker (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: part-time
Typically I would answer phone calls from students and alumni in regards to registration, transferring, transcripts or personal name/address changes. I would also scan documents and files into the Aurora University software, Datatel. I learned how important it is for the various departments within a company to communicate between one another. I really – more... enjoyed my co-workers who were a mixture of students like myself and more experienced individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply the experience I obtained. Through this particular job I was able to gain office experience, scanning and copying experience and phone experience. – less
Productive and fun.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMay 4, 2014
Pros: snacks
Cons: not enough hours
It was a good work place with high energy people around me. The hardest part was to get alumni to give back to the school. Most the enjoyable part of the job was talking to alumni and hearing their school experiences.
Great opportunity to grow
Communications Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 14, 2014
Pros: career development opportunities
Cons: very political work atmosphere
I worked at Aurora University through out my student life and into my professional life. I grew there exponentially and would consider it a great stepping stone in my life.
computer lab assistant
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, ILNovember 18, 2013
open or close the computer lab to students enrolled in the university. I would aid students in computer problems such as not being able to save. different Microsoft word excel and other office problems. would maintain the printer as well as do minor repairs on the printers.
average work exp.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield maOctober 9, 2013
Reasonalble work load comfortable environment, friendly coworkers, best part of job was working nights
Student Work; Filing, answering phones, preparing new packages.
Student Worker/Receptionist (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMay 13, 2013
I really enjoy my work at the Gradute Office. Always busy. It is a good place for a Student Worker to work at.
Terrible place for an adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 24, 2013
Pros: pay per credit hours
Cons: lack of leadership, communication, and resources.
AU is constantly getting rid of adjuncts for ones with more experience; this doesn't provide new teachers with much experience. Pay is decent. You can only work a limited amount of credit hours throughout the entire year which means no sort of health insurance. I was hired at the last minute and given zero resources; I had to design and develop the – more... entire class and then I was dumped after the semester ends. My boss was a strange person. I worked in a building that wasn't even for my discipline. Never saw any of my colleagues. Felt isolated then entire time. Basically, the life of an adjunct is poor because the university doesn't want to cough up the annual salary us teachers deserve. – less
great learning environment
student (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 2, 2013
I as able to learn and grow a great deal being a student at Aurora University
Rewording Experience
Student Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: on campus, great bosses, educational.
Work to maintain the IT infrastructure in place. Helped update and install software and update hardware in computer labs. Assisted students and faculty with computer related issues. Great people to work with.
Close knit and family like work culture
Director, Student Accounts (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 30, 2012
Pros: an inclusive community with occassional luncheons and "no" snow days off
A close knit and inclusive community. The culture is warm and welcoming not only to employees but it's students. I developed my management skills and excelled allowing me to advance in my roles and responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students. Seeing them grow during their years and graduate was self rewarding in itself. Seeing – more... students go and move on to their lives was the hardest part of the job. – less
college program
Production/TV Studio Crew (Former Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 26, 2012
this was my first out of town experence---getting accepted was the best thing of my life.

I learned all about the walt disney world company, the parks and hotels.
Great place to work in college!
Student Intern, University Mailroom (Former Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: picked my own schedule, consistency
Cons: sometimes ran out of work to do
The mailroom was the perfect place to be at during my college years. I picked my own schedule, which was wonderful. I got to go in each morning, which allowed for some consistency.
I was a leader during my later years, because my 2 boss's trusted me, which allowed for more opportunities within the mailroom itself.
The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was getting to see most of the staff and faculty each day while delivering the mail! – less
Great people, committed to excellence!
Clinical Placement Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 28, 2012
Pros: campus wide activities, nice environment visually
Cons: low pay, not enough support of administrative staff.
The people I worked with were fun, interesting, and open to my personal and professional development.
The pay was low but the benefits were very good.
I would still be there if the pay had been more so I could afford childcare.
Great work environment that allows interaction with people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJune 13, 2012
Pros: customer interaction daily
Cons: somewhat boring.
I would sit in our office and greet students who needed help with stuff or who wanted to rent games to play. I also used Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel daily.
University
Directore of Student Activities/Athletics (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMay 22, 2012
Everyday was different worked in numerous locations at the university from Student life to athletics. Loved working with Co-worker and learned a lot throughout my 10 years.

About Aurora University

CIS of Aurora strives to create an environment in which all children can learn and succeed both academically and emotionally. – Read more