Aurora University Employee Reviews

Great place to work but limited hours.
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Great work experience for students. However, I do not like that it is limited to 15 hours a week for students. I had to spread across multiple campus jobs to get my hours.
Pros
Awesome work experience and hours.
Cons
Low pay and low hours.
Lovely campus - poor adminstrative planning
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Lovely campus and wonderful staff and faculty. Students are super! I was hired for a tenured position but, unfortunately, three months after I started my contract I was informed our entire major was being eliminated.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Poor long-term planning from adminsitration regarding programs and majors.
Great place to be.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 15, 2017
Loved showing up , everything was clean. People were almost always on time. Most people were very nice and helpful. Building bonds with the student athletes and seeing them accomplish their goals is what makes it all worth it.
Pros
the people
Cons
space, availability of facilities
Amazing place to get your career started
Senior Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 20, 2016
No matter what major you are pursuing or what you are doing on campus, you are an individual and respected as one. All the professors are, or have worked, in their respective fields so you also get real world experience and advice. Not to mention that everyone has a friendly face.
Registrar Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 18, 2016
So far I have had a great time working here. The training has been fantastic and everyone in the office is extremely helpful and eager to teach. The campus is beautiful which makes coming to work that much more enjoyable. It's a very fast paced environment which is awesome.
Very fun and friendly coworkers. The career is rewarding and meaningful.
Freshman Admission Counselor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 30, 2016
Duties
*Review students’ applications and decide their admittance status to the university
*Read student transcripts, letters of recommendations, and personal statements
*Admit and deny students to the university
*Communicate with students and parents about the AU admission process and financial aid process
*Visit high schools and college fairs to speak to students about Aurora University
supportive work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 29, 2016
Supportive staff and management. The School of Social Work is an excellent school with a wonderful Executive Director.
Pros
The supportive management and leadership
Productive, professional environment that encourages student success
Biology Undergraduate Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 29, 2016
Aurora University is a very friendly and professional environment for both employees and for students. The educational atmosphere is professional and it encourages the highest level of learning and understanding.
Great people, great place
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 16, 2015
Working in the department of athletics at Aurora University has been a very rewarding learning experience in all facets of a career. The entire school is dense with skilled professionals who are striving for the peak of performance for students and other professionals alike. I have had the opportunity to learn exceptional leadership skills, management styles, and my own way of leading from the assistance of administrators, professors, and other coaches. Although time consuming, being a graduate assistant in the athletics department was an extremely rewarding experience.
Pros
enthusiastic staff, affordable education, personalized education
Productive and influential work place.
Office of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 20, 2015
For this position I was a caller. It exposed me to what a sales position would be like. I literally had to sell the university to people who have previously attended the university. This job helped me work on my persuasion skills, and helped me think on my feet.
Pros
experience and connections
Cons
work study job, low compensation
Busy and fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Williams Bay, WIMay 14, 2015
Busy preparing food for meal service that evening, Management was unstable, coworkers were warm and helpful. There was no difficulty to the job everything is explained very well, co workers where very helpful. The most enjoyable part was meeting people from all of over.
Pros
free lunch and dnner
Cons
short breaks and under staffed
Better campus jobs offered
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 24, 2015
Awful management.
The job title of "Event Crew Member" turns into doing anything & everything asked of you. They will look down to you if you ask questions, too.
Cons
job description will "expand" after accepting the job
Aurora University Student Admissions
Admissions Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work was muli tasking between mailings, answering telephones, greeting students and recruiting.I learned personal experience can be used in order to make others feel welcome. Sympathizing with potential and current students made them feel much more welcome. The management looked out for my best interest as a student myself. They were flexible and gentle hearted. My co workers were a great asset due to competitiveness and keeping each other accountable. The most difficult part of the job was the hours. The shifts were usually during special events and club meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in potential stuents' choices. Whether students chose Aurora University or not, I felt that I made a difference in peers' decisions about the right fit for them.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
The hours of operation
If constant org change is your thing, then this is a good place for you.
Academic (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 5, 2015
I worked there over 5 years and had 6 different bosses. The senior staff was always re-organizing the university departments every 8 to 10 months while I was there.

Pay is terrible and much less than counter-parts at other universities. Seniority is a joke.

Don't expect to have much of a family life, you are expected to be a 7 day a week service employee on top of your regular duties.

I wasted a lot of effort and time here, trying to meet their ever-changing expectations. Nepotism is rampant...just check the online employee directory.
Pros
Nice suburban setting
Cons
Constant org change, no family life, low pay, no parket
A growing institution
Defensive/Special Teams Coordinator, DBs Coach (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2015
The university is in the process of growing into a place that wants to compete at the national level. As an alum, I have a unique perspective. We were a very strong program in the 1990's when I played and are rebuilding currently.
Good work life balance
Library Assitant-Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 21, 2014
Was able to have a good time here. Was able to use resources to help with my education.
The Value of Team Work
AU Spartan News Editor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2014
Everyday you have a million task that you need to get done and this isn't the time or place to go into things alone. The constant input of others around me help make every task enjoyable and educational.
Interesting and fast-paced work environment
Event Coordinator-Set-Up/Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 31, 2014
Excellent place to work. Challenging yet fun. Always something different.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Never work the same hours
Great Work Place while a student
Crouse Center Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 22, 2014
You don't necessarily make a lot of money working here but because you are working at a school especially while being a student there they are very understanding to work with your school schedule.
Registrar's Office Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 15, 2014
Typically I would answer phone calls from students and alumni in regards to registration, transferring, transcripts or personal name/address changes. I would also scan documents and files into the Aurora University software, Datatel. I learned how important it is for the various departments within a company to communicate between one another. I really enjoyed my co-workers who were a mixture of students like myself and more experienced individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply the experience I obtained. Through this particular job I was able to gain office experience, scanning and copying experience and phone experience.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora University. Our community is ready to answer.

Aurora University Reviews by Location