AUSTIN CANCER CENTER Employee Reviews

The CIO is over stressed and detached
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 14, 2017
The CIO is over stressed and takes it out on his employees. He apologizes afterwords, but you can only get hit in the face so many times before the apologies don't matter. Also, he has been in house so long, he is completely detached from modern technology.
Pros
Cons
no upward mobility
Poor Management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The management was horrible. They treated employees like robots. Coworkers were not allowed to talk to each other. If you weren't one of management's pets you were treated terribly. The doctor's are excellent clinicians but cut throat with each other. It was a very clique work environment. HR didn't do anything about the complaints they received about one manager in particular. 5 employees left within one month due to how rude this manager was. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy work at this company.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, High School mentality
Good Place for growth
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
The CEO and administration is caring and have excellent relationship with physician and clinical staff. The company is growing and needs talented staff.
Productive and Balanced
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
It is a very good place to work at. It provides work life balance which is the best part of it. Management here is very helpful and friendly. Overall, a very good experience.
Managment and HR are un fair
Unonymous (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2017
These people can never resolve any issues the right way. There's always favoritism if your friends with management. They never take the time to really investigate any issue, I had to work with nurses that didn't care about patient yet they were reworded. There always trying to say they care about patient's and in reality they don't care, the doctors are the best but management and HR are liars.
Cons
learn a lot
Stay Away!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2017
Management doesn't follow HIPAA rules or their own IT department policies when it comes patient security. If you need something done it is an uphill battle if you need managements help. Just stay away. Coworkers drop like flies and usually without notice.
Pros
A few people actually care and try to help patients.
Cons
Everything else.
Great company!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
Excellent company to work for! The staff and Doctors are friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help. The goals and visions for this company are growing and exciting. Hardest part of the job is the reality of what we do with and for cancer patients. The best part of the job is the wide-range of skill practiced and the independence.
Excellent care for both patients and staff
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXJune 6, 2016
Austin Cancer Center is a safe, caring environment for both patients and staff. Our physicians genuinely care about their patients well being and do a great job including the family in all aspects of patient care.
As an employee of Austin Cancer Center, I feel valued as my supervisor listens to our comments and opinions. The physicians are constantly looking for positive ways to improve and move forward in this ever changing field.
5 Stars
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 6, 2016
Wonderful place to work at. Communication is great. The patient care is optimal. Everyone is very friendly and most importantly very professional. Definately would refer friends or family to one of our Physicians and Facilties.
#Conquer Cancer!!!
I would not recommend Austin Cancer to any patient!
HIM Tech/ROI (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2016
The company has no organizational chart; different depts have no idea who does what; money seemed to come before patient health as most records were not ready for new patient appts etc. As for work environment, get ready to head back to age 13! It's all about who you know and if you fit in the cliques. Hard working employees are not rewarded, usually just fired. Now if you're lazy, sleeping at your desk etc you will have a job for life. I recommend Texas Oncology for both patients as well as potential employees.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else!
Great company with some growing pains
Decline to say (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2016
This is a great company to work for. The benefits and salary are very good. Overall Management is wonderful. The company is growing and there are opportunities for improvement. With growth always comes changes. The Management is trying to make this a better place to work. With a little time this will be an excellent place to work. The physicians are top notch. If I had a family member or friend with Cancer, I would definitely refer them to one of the Austin Cancer Center physicians.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Co workers, Physicians
Cons
Lack of communication, Inconsistent Rules
Great environmental for growth and new development!
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  All Austin locationsApril 27, 2016
Austin Cancer Center is a wonderful place to work. The administration encourages growth inside and out of this company with support along the way. My work environment is positive and constantly developing new ideas and concepts for future advances for all staff. I feel appreciated and valued as a part of a team working together to make our company the best in Austin.
Pros
Opportunity for bonuses, growth within the company
Fantastic place to work!
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
I have worked at Austin Cancer Centers for about a year and a half and thoroughly enjoy my job! My co-workers, physicians included treat me with the utmost respect. Austin Cancer Centers is a great company to work for, the atmosphere is very laid back making me feel like I am part of a small family. ACC is not like other cancer centers who have become bought out and "corporate", this is a company who cares about their patients and employees. I enjoy coming to work and watching the interaction between staff and the patients, it makes me extremely proud to be part of the ACC family!
Pros
free chair massages for the patients and staff
Stay away
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2016
As a patient it is as good as it gets. Great Staff and Physicians. The Clinics have amazing potential. Unfortunately for the employees its who you know not what you know. Its like high school mentality in upper management.
Pros
Benefits are good, staff is great. Doctors are so wonderful
Cons
Be ready for cliques and power struggles.
Wouldn't work anywhere else
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Going on my 5th anniversary. Love the physicians AND management, The benefits are also very good. Some of the things that keeps me here:

* Matched 401K contribution AND now 4 weeks paid vacation aside from 9 paid holidays.

*Competitive pay

*Caring team

* Growing practice with advancement opportunity (all levels of co)

If the items above don't support and promote work/life balance, I don't know what does!
Pros
Growing practice with advancement opportunity (all levels of co)
Cons
Not Applicable-see for yourself before you judge
Great place to be treated and work.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Admin.February 29, 2016
As both a patient and current employee, Austin Cancer Centers is a great place to be treated for cancer and employed. The last 11 1/2 yrs. have been give to me by the exceptional treatment I received at Austin Cancer Centers. The Medical Oncology department, Radiation Oncology department and administration staff are the best qualified in their respective fields. We are so fortunate to have physicists and dosimetrist in our radiation department that have the highest qualifications to do the planning of treatments. Every one of our doctors qualify at the top of their field and have compassion/kindness for not only our patients but the employees. The respect shown to the employees by the doctors is far above any other field. In turn our employees trust and respect the doctors. Great team work! To be able to work for and with the people that saved my life is a blessing to me. Austin Cancer Centers has helped me advance in my position in order to meet my work goals with great encouragement. Austin Cancer Centers sees that the big "C" means conquer and eliminate cancer completely. This is what Austin Cancer Centers is all about. A great and fulfilling team to be part of. Thanks everyone for your hard work!
Pros
Great place to be treated and work for.
Cons
Seeing children with cancer.
Go to Texas oncology
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2016
I worked here for about a year and a half and it is a terrible place to work for. There are no policies and procedures in place for any department and the doctors really do not care about their staff. If you are a scheduling coordinator and something goes wrong it's your fault no matter what the circumstance or situation is. If patients do not have health insurance the oncologist will not see you even if you can pay for the consultation. These oncologist are about making money only and are not about patient quality care. There is no future there as an employee because you have to brown nose to get what you want no matter the quality of work you do. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone whether you are a patient or potential employee. Go to Texas Oncology where there are policies and procedures in place and where patient care is what matters the most.
Pros
The money
Cons
Everything else
Great work environment, great people
Desktop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2015
I only worked there for a few months, but it was a great job. Everyone there was extremely helpful. I enjoyed working at a job that worked so hard to help those in need I was sorry to leave.
Overall an intense, stressful office vibe, new management and wasn't supported
First Responder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2015
The location wasn't the best but was promised upon hiring that we would be moving the next month, that was told to us every month, the operators were moved to the very back of this warehouse that had no AC/no air at all (HOT) we were put elbow to elbow, staring at the wall. I had never seen anything like it...I realized early on that the rules of my supervisor were only for me. I had never had so much underhanded things at a place of business happen to me as I had there. I enjoyed knowing that I did help the ones that I got to know while I was there, the patients were all so kind and I learned that life is short and to live each day as if it were the last. I did learn a few different programs, Shoretel, and Mosaiq.
Pros
sodas & snacks
Cons
bad management & no air conditioning or space
Work from home
Remote Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2015
I work from home and enjoy that - coding up to 1500 line items per day. I enjoy my work - the people I work with are nice, management is OK.
Pros
I get to work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AUSTIN CANCER CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

AUSTIN CANCER CENTER Reviews by Location