Austin Community College Employee Reviews

Awesome employer
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
I worked for ACC as a supplemental instructor and it was the best job I've ever had. Flexible scheduling, great training, relaxed environment, and you get to help other students with your favorite subject.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place, mainly went to school here but it was a good place to work I guess
assistant to disabled students (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2017
I hardly worked here. I helped students with disabilities and that was fun and fulfilling in itself. I helped in varying capacities that was needed by the student to help them have a positive experience in school.
Quick hiring process for adjunct position
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2017
Smooth hiring process for a part time adjunct position. They have a lot of resources and help you with everything they can for you to have a successful semester.
Fun place with fun people
Student Life Promotions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2017
I am constantly learning new things in the way that my supervisor let's us pitch ideas that she definitely takes into consideration. Great place for experience and growth. I don't ever not look forward to coming to work.
Great for entry level office work if you don't mind job insecurity
Testing Center (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJune 1, 2017
ACC has a lovely habit of reallocating department funds and thus eliminating support staff position, often without warning. If you don't mind coming back from vacation to find four positions, and thus four people were let go, then its a great place to work. in the three years I worked for them, this happened twice. The first time, I made it through the culling. I wasn't so lucky the second time.
Pros
Pretty easy job
Cons
Job insecurity
Great Environment; Little Room to Grow
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2017
I love teaching with ACC. They do a great job. I just wish I could afford to do it, or there were full time positions available. I love working the flexible schedule, and they are creative and independently minded.
great employees
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Hays County, TXMay 30, 2017
I have learned a lot since being at ACC as an Administrative Assistant III. There are few opportunities for advancement or pay increase for a large work load.
Great working and learning experience.
Media Lab and Graphics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2017
Working in the media lab is a great experience, not only that it enables me to train my communication skills, it also gives me opportunity to learn about operating hardware and software in a educational institution environment. Interactions with the faculty and staff are my daily routine. From helping faculties in the world of Microsoft Office, to assisting classroom problems such as troubleshooting overhead projectors, makes me more literate in the customer service and Informational Technology fields.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Night shift
Great learning experience
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2017
Great learning experience. Exposed to many people with different educational background and goals. Staff is friendly and accommodates work life situations.
Helpful for Me and You
Lab Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXMay 22, 2017
ACC in Elgin is a smaller college, but the students there have their options, including me. If need be, I can study while working, but when the computer lab gets busy, I help out where I can. Fixing the printer, navigating computers, and making sure Early College High School Students don't trash the place. I hope to learn from my experiences wherever I go to work, and this one has helped me out just a bit.
Pros
Work-Study, Physically Undemanding, Flexible Hours
Cons
Few Hours, Less Availability, No Benefits
Lab Tech Intern
Lab Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2017
Very basic duties, with attention to cleanliness and organization. Required to keep up with checklists. Projects are fun and laid back. Used math I learned in Biotech, daily. Glassware cleaning and restocking needed to be done daily as well.
Pros
laid back atmosphere, projects are fun
Cons
Very quiet at times, you may be there with one other person throughout the whole shift
Tutor II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2017
Great experience there. Money isn't great, but the culture is excellent. This was seriously the most fun that I have ever had at a job. Working with these students is extremely satisfying.
Had a great time working here.
Graphic Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2017
Graphic media assistant. The job was wonderful and the people I worked for even more so. Everyone working for ACC just seemed genuinely happy, though I'm sure it couldnt be because of pay.
very nice people an d good free food
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2017
running B shift clock in get the information form A shift and make sure that all officers are accounted and if any major calls came in that i will have to follow up on. sigh into all 6 systems under my login, relieve the A shift. all with in 30 min before officers shift change. once shift change i was responsible for keeping track of all my officers and making sure that the student and staff had a safe work and school environment.
Pros
great people
Cons
i had to leave
The IT department is a rudderless ship
Senior IT Computer Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2017
They say "We want your feedback."
Nobody I have talked to has seen action in under 3 years.

All hands staff meeting are help just to listen to people make excuses and repeat "We don't know."

Nobody is willing to grow a spine and make a decision.

Time off is awesome! You can accrue up to 240 hours before losing it.
Pros
time off
Cons
continental drift will give you whiplash before you get a decision from upper management.
Adjunct Associate Professor-Biology (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
Great place to work. management of academic department need improvement. Should provide healthcare benefits to adjunct. other than that a great place to work, teach and easy to drive locations.
Rewording but poor management
Academic Advisor- Austin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2017
Working as an Academic Advisor was really rewording for me. I loved to see the students leaving my office feeling like the problem they had is resolved. I had a chance to create lots of connections with students. Co-workers are really nice and friendly, always ready to help and support with any needs. Deens are wonderful! All of them!
Pros
Satisfying job!
Cons
Poor management
challenging enviroment
Adjunct Instructor for Adult Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
Enjoyed teaching students a trade skill. Watching them graduate out of my class to further themselves in the working world, knowing that I have made a difference in their lives.
Fun and Engaging
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2017
I really enjoy working ACC. Being an adjunct faculty just does not pay enough to only work here. I would love to become a full time faculty member. I cannot say anything negative about working here. I think it is run very well and I feel like I am given a lot of freedom and trust with what I do.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Working for ACC is usually nice and well organized even though we do have some hectic days. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with people here, because everyone is nice and I am team player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5