Austin Community College Employee Reviews

An exciting place to work
Test Administrator & Libary Assistan (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2016
ACC is a great school and it is located in a great city with a diverse population. Austin Community College reflects the city it is located in, as a native Austinite I have always felt that ACC is more about Austin than UT is.
Pros
Great clientele and co-workers
Cons
Not much room for improvement in my area
Lovely People
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2016
I loved the work environment. It was very diverse and very calm. Everyone is very detailed in their work product. While working at Austin Community College, I experienced my first life lesson about diversity.
great work environment
education interpreter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
very flexible with working with freelance interpreters. The college also pays into to state retirement and offers some alternative benefits to hourly employees.
Productive and fun learning experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2016
Overall the professors push for the perfect designer in you, and coach and mentor you every step of the way, they push you to always think outside the box, push further, think about your audience, and love what you do.
Pros
Excellent overall
Austin Community College Pinnacle
Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2016
Honestly one of the best places I worked. They would work with my schedule, had a stable position, was given raises depending upon review, and was able to assist patrons with their computing needs.
Pros
Competent supervisor, stable position
Cons
Lack of healthcare options for part-time employees
Easy-going and supportive work environment
Success Mentor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2016
Typical Day: Meet with 3-8 students for 30 minutes and discusses educational path. Possibly assist with campus programming.

Learned: How to mentor students, collect resources to ensure student life stability, host events

Management: Engaging, supportive, and fun. Very open to feedback and group efforts.

Co-workers: Friendly and usually helpful

Hardest Part: Working with students who have struggles you cannot address

Most Enjoyable Part: Helping solve student issues and assisting in their learning and development.
Great environment
Tutor/Mentor for Men of Color Program (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2016
A great work environment that feels more like family than a job. I've worked in several different departments at Austin Community College, and loved every single one.
Wonderful plce and wonderful people
CHAIR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2016
The people of ACC have one thing in mind, help you advance to the next level. Working there I have never felt more prepared to take on anything. You can learn so much and go so many places.
awesome
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 15, 2016
This is my third time writing a review for this website. Administered official work for faculty at Austin Community College by hosting seasonal meetings/events for staff, channeled vital information to students on campus, managed computer entries and filing confidential document.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXJune 7, 2016
Co-workers are great! Just wish there was a full time available. Nice and clean environment. Friendly staff. Everyone is always eager to work and help out. Lots of staff interaction. Just like family here.
Overall great
Media Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 12, 2016
My typical day is pretty easy going; I have a great co-worker and good environment. My main complaint is upper management, who seems to have priorities out of order, but given that I rarely run across them given the span of campuses they look after it doesn't effect me all that much.
hourly worker
Media Graphics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2016
Hourlies don't get benefits but the pay is good! The work culture is laid back but professional. Depending on what your job is, you can have quite a bit of time to study or do homework.
Austin Community College
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2016
ACC is a leading community college. There are opportunities for students to earn degrees and certifications needed for a bright future. However, as an adjunct teacher, the pay is pretty low and there is no room for advancement and getting a full time position there is difficult
Find another job if you can.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Rio grand campusMarch 23, 2016
Avoid working here if you can. If you can find a job as a high school teacher you will be better off. Pay is poor, and management is disrespectful of labor. Co-workers are usually good people.
Pros
It pays.
Cons
It does not pay very much.
Good
Tutor II/Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2016
No opportunity for advancement.The working environment is fine. There is a lot of team work but really no major opportunities to obtain a new position even if you meet the qualifications.
Great schedule for students with opportunities to meet great academic resources
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2016
The employer provides great opportunities for students to find employment that often relates to their major or their classes.
Enjoyed helping Students and self taught most of the softwares
Computer Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2016
When I got this job, I was myself a student and knew what other students facing frustrations and leaning new software was struggling.
I was there for them and Supervisor offered me this job by watching me how I was helpful to students and solving their problems.

Management was great. I was working solo. Handling the whole lab myself. This was a part time job and I already had a full time job and going to school part time.
Pros
Get to learn new softwares
Cons
I don't have any cons about this job.
Work Study in Chemistry department
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek campusMarch 7, 2016
Chemistry lab assistant position at ACC was a good balance of experience becoming familiar with a chemistry lab and ample time to study.
Great place to work!
Technical Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 18, 2015
I have never worked anywhere that IT, tutors, instructors, counselors work together to the benefit of the students and the mission of Austin Community College. Great place to work, hope to stay for a long time.
Great ;place to work.
Part-Time Floater (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2015
I worked part time as a floater for ACC. The great thing about the program and the director is that everyone is treated with respect and given an opportunity to excel.You will gain a lot of chances to work with lots of families, the teacher retention rate is awesome, but this also is why its hard to advance beyond assistant teacher status. However, you are encouraged to spread your wings if you choose to, knowing you always have an opportunity to return if you find you want to return.
Pros
Family setting and low ratios
Cons
Not a lot to opportunity to advance beyond Assistant Teacher.

4.5