Austin Peay State University Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and Fullfilling
Geology Lab Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 7, 2016
I loved working at my university and helping the physical geology class students learn. I never really doubted my self because I had already taken the class and several higher course classes.
I enjoyed every professor I assisted.
Some of the students you had to keep a close eye on but for the most part I loved the job.
Pros
Fun job, co-workers, right down the hall from classes
Cons
Hours were short
Fun and flexible
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 11, 2016
I love being a Office Assistant. My day was basically helping students get in to college, Answering phones, Taking messages, Making Appointments, Emailing, filing paperwork and data entry. I Learned how run a office and do clerical work. Management was great, they love to help you learn new things. My co-workers were awesome. The hardest part of this job was leaving.
Pros
Hour breaks, Friendly
Cons
More Hours and more permant positions.
Great place for work and education!
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 12, 2016
Working for the university allows for interaction with individuals from various walks of life. Management is great and flexible by working with those who have families as well as those who are trying to further their education.
Pros
No time monitoring
Cons
Hard to advance in particular areas
Flexible position for students to sharpen their skills and avoid debt
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 10, 2016
Excellent supervisors. Stressful days occasionally when the tutoring lab was packed. Friendly co-workers, flexible hours. Difficult sometimes to teach certain individuals, but enjoyable having those "Ah ha!" moments.
Pros
Flexibility, Contacts, Skill refreshers
Cons
Public can be stressful
productive
Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 29, 2016
being productive and critical thinking. confidentiality plays a big role working with both students and veterans. broadens your horizon to the things that are happening around you that most people are unaware of.
Great place to work. Loved every bit of it.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 7, 2016
Day would consist of going to class with the students and helping the professor with things like passing out papers and such. After the class was over, I would run a recitation type class where students either worked on classwork that they were having trouble with or the online portion of homework that was assigned along with the class. The professors I worked with and other SLA leaders were great, and my boss was the best. He was always there to help out with any questions I had.
Pros
Relaxed schedule, Nice professors and boss
Good
Computer Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 22, 2016
I had a great time working as a lab manager and being able to help and provide help for students and faculty. I really miss working there but it was a step for my career.
Love
Processor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 18, 2016
Austin Peay is wonderful. The staff is kind and makes it feel like home. I love my supervisor and am treated with much respect.
very productive and relaxed environment
Undergraduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 9, 2015
Each day brings new challenges and excitement. I enjoy working each day and the environment makes for productive work days.
Good work environment
Temporary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 13, 2015
Loved working for APSU, but didn't get to stay longer as I was on a temporary contract. If I could have stayed longer I definitely would have, but maybe another opportunity will come along. Pay was good and the management was understanding and helpful whenever any issues arose.
Pros
Good pay, good managment
Cons
Temporary
Great work/life balance
Admin Asst. III (Current Employee) –  Clarksville,TNJuly 8, 2015
While I enjoy my job at Austin Peay State University, it was never my intention to work in Higher Education. This university has been rated one of the top Tennessee schools to work at and has a great work/life balance.
Pros
Innovative and a caring cultrue
Cons
Take home pay. Not including benefits
Great Opportunity for Students
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 9, 2015
Great place to work. I would prefer to see some things changed, but of course, those opinions are mine and mine alone. APSU has run smoothly for a very long time without my input. We had a great team of RAs working at our complex.

I learned that it is best to make a suggestion for improvement and then move on than to belabor the issue and cause a problem.
Pros
Great Benefit package for student employees
Cons
Late night incedents could cause problems with classes
Very fun!
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 13, 2015
Awesome institution. Learned many clinical skills and how to care for patients using the nursing process. As a new graduate nurse, I know that the institution provided me with all of the basic nursing education to perform safe and adequate care.
Simple tasks and activities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 18, 2015
This was your typical office job. Great hours, great pay, enjoyable work. The position was unfortunately temporary. I would love to accept another position similar to this one, but with much more stability.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
No job security
I got to help people, talk about things I'm interested in and get paid for it.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Tutoring was a great experience. I got the opportunity to help students who were struggling, talk about engineering technology, and hone my ability to problem solve and communicate in a small team setting.
Pros
set my own hours, talked engineering technology, made connections with other students.
Cons
can't really make a career out of tutoring
An enjoyable work environment many learning opportunities.
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
I have worked as a writing tutor for the Academic Support Center at Austin Peay State University for two years and have found that the Academic Support Center grants its employees the opportunity to practice more than simple tutoring and editing of writing styles. During my employment, I have learned to use different computer programs as well as to adopt various teaching styles for classroom environments in order to progress through obstacle my position presents. Furthermore, working for the Academic Support Center has made me more confident in teaching others as well as in my technical writing skills.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 17, 2015
Interesting place to work. Lots of opportunity for experience. Fun coworkers. I learned a lot but this job will vary from department to department.
AMAZING Institution!
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2015
Austin Peay State University is an amazing institution ( ... and I do not say thay because it is my alma mater). The faculty and staff are warm, welcoming, and willing to assist at any time. An amazing " first real job".
Overall good place to work
Accommodation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 23, 2015
Austin Peay State University is a great school to work for but it has limited room for growth. Beautiful campus and friendly staff.
Good Experience
Graduate Assistant - Department of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 1, 2014
I was a graduate assistant in the psychology department. I was the assistant to two professors. With respect to capacity, I was a teaching assistant for both, and a research assistant for one. My primary task was specifically coordinating undergraduate research in the psychology department.

Co-workers were friendly. Time management wasn't bad as professors understood that there were class requirements. There was a lot of time to study as well.

I learned a plethora of things relevant to teaching, grading, research, analysis, management, to name a few.

I enjoyed the research aspect the most.

4.3