Austin Peay State University Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Assistant Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 19, 2017
The department I worked in had wonderful staff. The work was wholesome and rewarding and there was always something to do. The workload was not overwhelming. And everyone got along well or at least openly acknowledged any tension.
Pros
Departmental picnics
Cons
Fast workplace
Great Place to Work
Equal Opportunity Compliance Officer/ Investigator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 12, 2017
APSU is a great place to work if you have the skills needed and the desire to work. The pay and benefits can not be matched by any other employer in town.
Productive Workplace
Student Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 3, 2017
Great Place to work and to study.Workplace is well balanced,productive.Kind people.Good Management structure. There are not many aspects which are difficult in this job.
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Austin Peay. I always enjoyed working with the people that I worked with. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the job wasn't a permanent position.
Pros
Good management and great work environment
Cons
Temporary position, no health benefits
Fun, relaxed, and interesting place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for Austin Peay. Every day was different, some were slow, some were very fast as far as patient load, but overall, a good place to work.
no comment
Admin Asst / Office Superv(Student Assistants) (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 4, 2017
Very versatile; being able to interact with students from all walks of life is very awesome; educational institute most professors are dedicated to helping students learn.
Pros
Have some great professors
Cons
Not enough parking
Excellent University
Emeritus Professor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 7, 2017
Excellent place to work. A good balance between administration and academics. Best kept secret in TN. I would recommend APSU to students and potential faculty.
Pros
Cons
No Cons
Positive and Fun Workplace
Senior Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 26, 2017
A typical day here at Austin Peay State University consists of me processing all documents for undergraduate and international students. Answer the phones and assist all students that walk in. I also process and receipt all application fees.
Comfortable Medium Campus
Co-editor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 1, 2017
APSU is a great medium-sized campus to be a student at and to work for. There are no benefits for student workers beside having a schedule that works around classes and school organizations. It is not the most culturally diverse place, but everyone is usually helpful and friendly.
Just a jaded Graduate Assistant
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 10, 2017
Expectations were set higher than needed. I was expected to do 40 hours of work in 20 hours and was reprimanded for exceeding my hourly limit. The environment was incredibly cutthroat and nothing could be done to change the situation. Go somewhere else to get your master degree.
Fantastic
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 3, 2017
This educational establishment is incredible, both to attend and work for. The human resource department and cashier clerks offices are really on their game and super helpful, and happy!
Its a good place to work.
Department of Physics and Astronomy Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 24, 2017
The work for the physics department as a student worker isn't too difficult. Grading labs and tests comprises 90% of my work, the rest is odd jobs. 70 hours per semester isn't too difficult.
Office clerk
Office Clerk / Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37042April 24, 2017
I worked as an office clerk while attending the university. I feel that the university could offer better jobs to students but was glad to at least have the chance to get a small intermittent job.
Pros
income
Cons
not enough jobs
It's boring honestly.
FITNESS ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 19, 2017
The managers were not very hands-on and willing to teach their workers. They left all the training up to graduate assistants who are pretty decent people but they're still learning their way around like the average worker. The days didn't consist of much but cleaning and literally walking in circles but I couldn't complain about the job itself. It is simply the people working there that make the Foy, the recreation center where the fitness attendants are, not so great.
Great TA work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 11, 2017
My time at APSU was great. I worked with two professors as well as working in the writing center. While you're experience may vary, I found it to be a great place to work.
summary
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 5, 2017
APSU is a great school with great opportunities.Everyone is so nice and always willing to help. I love my school and I would recommend any one who is looking for diversity and growth to come here.
Work study
Administrative Assistant- helper (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 22, 2017
I come in to see if there are any tasks to be complete or errands (mail run) to be ran. I answer and direct phone calls to various nursing professors. I file, copy, email, scan and fax important documents between offices. The job itself is overall a benefit to my college lifestyle.
typical day at work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 13, 2017
Most of the work was welcoming students and parents. Answering questions and concerns they may have had about financial aid. I learned a lot about computer programming while there but interested in day to day activities of a company.
Great place to work.... in academia
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 12, 2017
The university is a nice place to work, but the bureaucracy is continually expanding and, as is true with all higher education, the nature of the job is changing. Students are becoming customers and the job of encouraging critical thinking skills is being supplanted with vocational skills. Professional schools such as education, nursing, and business are economic motivators pushing aside questions of why and with what consequences. Overall it is a great place to work, but unfortunately society undervalues the skills it enables.
Pros
ability to help others
Cons
lack of recognition by outsiders
good work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN 37044March 6, 2017
every day was different. some days it was crowd control and others it was controlling parking problem. There was always the safety of students as the top priority.