Austin Peay State University

Austin Peay State University Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 17, 2015
Interesting place to work. Lots of opportunity for experience. Fun coworkers. I learned a lot but this job will vary from department to department.
Very fun!
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 13, 2015
Awesome institution. Learned many clinical skills and how to care for patients using the nursing process. As a new graduate nurse, I know that the institution provided me with all of the basic nursing education to perform safe and adequate care.
Good work environment
Temporary Instructor (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Good pay, good managment
Cons: Temporary
Loved working for APSU, but didn't get to stay longer as I was on a temporary contract. If I could have stayed longer I definitely would have, but maybe another opportunity will come along. Pay was good and the management was understanding and helpful whenever any issues arose.
Great work/life balance
Admin Asst. III (Current Employee), Clarksville,TNJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Innovative and a caring cultrue
Cons: Take home pay. Not including benefits
While I enjoy my job at Austin Peay State University, it was never my intention to work in Higher Education. This university has been rated one of the top Tennessee schools to work at and has a great work/life balance.
Overall good place to work
Accommodation Specialist (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 23, 2015
Austin Peay State University is a great school to work for but it has limited room for growth. Beautiful campus and friendly staff.
Simple tasks and activities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 18, 2015
Pros: Pleasant work environment
Cons: No job security
This was your typical office job. Great hours, great pay, enjoyable work. The position was unfortunately temporary. I would love to accept another position similar to this one, but with much more stability.
Great Opportunity for Students
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 9, 2015
Pros: Great Benefit package for student employees
Cons: Late night incedents could cause problems with classes
Great place to work. I would prefer to see some things changed, but of course, those opinions are mine and mine alone. APSU has run smoothly for a very long time without my input. We had a great team of RAs working at our complex.

I learned that it is best to make a suggestion for improvement and then move on than to belabor the issue and cause a problem.
AMAZING Institution!
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2015
Austin Peay State University is an amazing institution ( ... and I do not say thay because it is my alma mater). The faculty and staff are warm, welcoming, and willing to assist at any time. An amazing " first real job".
Productive work place
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 13, 2015
I love Austin Peay. It gave me opportunity to improve my customer service. They also gave me an opportunity to work with wonderful people.
I got to help people, talk about things I'm interested in and get paid for it.
Tutor (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: set my own hours, talked engineering technology, made connections with other students.
Cons: can't really make a career out of tutoring
Tutoring was a great experience. I got the opportunity to help students who were struggling, talk about engineering technology, and hone my ability to problem solve and communicate in a small team setting.
Very nice place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 23, 2015
Austin Peay is a beautiful campus to work at and full of friendly people. As a job I would say it is better than most places due to the friendly management.
Great Experience
Tennis Instructor (Current Employee), Austin Peay State UniversityFebruary 17, 2015
3 to 4 h tennis lessons a day with players of any group age. I was supervised by my head coach. In general great experience and a joyful job.
An enjoyable work environment many learning opportunities.
Writing Tutor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
I have worked as a writing tutor for the Academic Support Center at Austin Peay State University for two years and have found that the Academic Support Center grants its employees the opportunity to practice more than simple tutoring and editing of writing styles. During my employment, I have learned to use different computer programs as well as to adopt various teaching styles for classroom environments in order to progress through obstacle my position presents. Furthermore, working for the Academic Support Center has made me more confident in teaching others as well as in my technical writing skills.
Great Atmosphere and Professors
Student (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 12, 2015
The experience I had was very positive. The professors were so willing to help when it was needed. They went above and beyond to make sure the students understood what was expected of them and when assignments and projects were due.
Worked part time while pursuing my degree.
Student Aide (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNDecember 15, 2014
Worked closely with coworkers while keeping up with my class studies.
Bad Management
Undergraduate Instructor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNNovember 27, 2014
*I do not have "typical" work days
*I have learned to navigate diverse political settings
*The University has less than adequate management
*The majority of my co-workers are not savvy professionals
*Dealing with a work culture that is unsophisticated
*Working with students
Worst political nightmare of my life.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 26, 2014
The hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the vile politics.
APSU
Computer Lab Assistant/Manager (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: quiet office
Assist users in the computer lab.
Repair computers
Management is Professors
Other students
Good place to Work, Great place to go to school
Professor's Assistant (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 1, 2014
I enjoyed having the opportunity to make a little money and not have to neglect my school work to do so.
Good Experience
Graduate Assistant - Department of Psychology (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNApril 1, 2014
I was a graduate assistant in the psychology department. I was the assistant to two professors. With respect to capacity, I was a teaching assistant for both, and a research assistant for one. My primary task was specifically coordinating undergraduate research in the psychology department.

Co-workers were friendly. Time management wasn't bad as professors understood that there were class requirements. There was a lot of time to study as well.

I learned a plethora of things relevant to teaching, grading, research, analysis, management, to name a few.

I enjoyed the research aspect the most.

1 2 3