Austin Peay State University

Austin Peay State University United States Employee Reviews

Fun!
Strength and Conditioning Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 18, 2013
I have met some great people at the Foy University Rec. They are constantly teaching everyone new things and keeping things exciting.
fun exciting work place!
I love working at APSU. The people are always friendly and energetic. Everyone gets along, and works hard together.
Loved This Position
Student Worker (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 17, 2013
Pros: i could do homework when not busy.
I was working as a Student Worker during my college education and this job made it so easy to get work done for school and still do my job.
Loved This Position
Student Worker (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMarch 17, 2013
Pros: i could do homework when not busy.
Teacher's Assistant
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 31, 2013
A typical work day lasted for about an hour and a half helping other students with the basics in geology, rock and mineral identification and use of maps. I learned basic techiques in relaying information. The best part was interacting with other students.
A wonderful work and learning experience.
Specialist, Community and Business Relations (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 27, 2013
This was a wonderful work and learning experience. The office was a small office with limited management and offered a great deal of independence. I gained extensive experience in event planning while working at this job.
Relaxed
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: relaxed
Cons: got bored
This job was very laid back not too much work. Most of the time I was able to do my homework while at work. The best part was when my friends would come into the lab to visit.
Great place to be employed
Maintenance Lead Worker (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 5, 2012
Pros: great benifits, and job
Cons: slow on displine action on some and more on others
I have enjoyed my employment at the university, it is a awsome place to work at and there is alot of great employees there to work with,
Great place to work.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Student Health ServicesAugust 3, 2012
Pros: learn alot.
Cons: no overtime.
Enjoyed the teamwork and working with friendly people, who treat you as one of the family.
Great coworkers and interesting work
Intern (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 31, 2012
Pros: fun coworkers, helpful supervisors, rewarding and interesting writing
Cons: unpaid internship, but did count as a class credit
This was a great opportunity learn a little about different disciplines at the university. Though I was an English major, I learned quite a bit about Geo sciences, Computer Science, administration, as well as experience in technical writing, my own discipline.
A typical day's activities depended on what projects the GIS Center was taking on. At the beginning of my internship, I managed web content, posted blog entries to the website, or browsed search terms related to the GIS Center to help boost search relevance. Later in the internship, I began working with the mobile application the center developed. With two other coworkers, I helped write and design a Power Point and Microsoft Word document reviewing the benefits and changes to the mobile application.
The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part. Translating highly technical information about disaster mitigation and finer points of how the mobile application was designed and functions became a bit of a puzzle.
Student only
STUDENT (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 30, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: age difference in classes
Typical day involved going to classes and interacting with different types of people,
Great Experience
Database Manager (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 14, 2012
Pros: calm environment
Cons: located in a small city
Everyone there is friendly and willing to help out where necessary. The management is great with all staff members open and accepting. Excellent work hours and also a great University to attend for those pursuing a degree.
Fun place to work
Building Supervisor (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2012
enjoyed time working by interacting with the customers. every day I would check out guests, clean work area, gather carts, food court.
Very stress free and easy to work for
Student Worker (Current Employee), On CampusFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: easy
Cons: did not feel like a job
I was a student worker at Austin Peay and it was an extremely easy job. I was able to do my homework on the job and could go to meetings if I needed to. It was easy, stressfree, and fun.
Growing School in a Growing City
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 17, 2012
Austin Peay has been part of my life for the past 5 years as a student and now as an employee. It is small enough where you don't feel overlooked in a crowd and large enough to give you the full college experience.
Work for less than minimum wage at your school
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: work right on campus
Cons: less than minimum wage
It was a semester job at a library doing menial office work for less than minimum wage. It wasn't bad work. I even got a book or two out of it.
Productive and educational
Intern (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 15, 2012
I would say I learned to apply everything I was taught here. It took every lesson I learned in class and applied it in real-time.