Work with an experienced team servicing the New England mining and construction industries as a full-time Class B Driver out of our Sterling, CT. location.
- This position is responsible for the safe operation of company equipment and proper handling of our products for deliveries and at the job-site under the direction of the Blaster in charge.
- Must be able to consistently lift and carry approximately 50 lbs.
- Must possess a current Class B CDL with HAZMAT, Tanker and Air Brakes endorsements,
- High school diploma or GED and 2+ years’ driving experience.
- Mechanical ability and interest is a plus.
- Must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosive laws.
Austin Powder has the original boom box. The company was founded in 1833 to manufacture black powder used to blast rocks, mine coal, create canals, and generally move mountains. Today Austin Powder's commercial explosives are used primarily for construction, mining, quarrying, and seismic exploration. Products include detonating cord, detonator-sensitive emulsions, cast boosters, and high-explosive emulsions. It also makes electric and non-electric detonators. Austin International, through joint ventures and partnerships, provides explosives for projects outside the US, mostly in other parts of the Americas.
Indeed - 12 months ago
In 1833, America was emerging as a vibrant, growing country with virtually boundless energy and a manifest destiny. The Erie Canal, in...