Local CDL Class B Drivers / Shot Crew Member
The Austin Powder Company is hiring a Local CDL Class B Driver / Shot Crew Member in Masontown, WV. This is a local crew member/driving position that will give you the ability to be *home every night*.
Duties / Responsibilities
- As a Driver you will operate company vehicles to transport products to and from specified job sites.
- You will also be responsible for loading/unloading product for delivery, which results in frequent lifting of 40-60 pound product bags or boxes.
- Assists the Blaster in charge with site and safety preparation.
- Performs labor support at job sites and location (e.g., inspect product bins, inventory of product, completion of required paperwork) under the direction of the Blaster in charge or Location Manager.
- Performs general maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains safe working conditions.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must possess a current Class B CDL HAZMAT, Tanker & Air Brakes endorsements
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years' CDL driving experience.
- Mechanical ability and interest is a plus.
- Must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosive laws.
- Frequent lifting of 40-60 pound product bags or boxes.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life / AD&D Insurance
- Short Term-Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Austin Powder Company is an EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer.
The Austin Powder Company begin in 1833 to manufacture black powder and used the black powder to blast rocks, mine coal, create canals, and literally move mountains. Today Austin Powder services the commercial explosives blasting industry. Commercial explosives are used primarily for construction, mining, quarrying, and seismic exploration. Austin Powder is a world leader in explosives manufacturing producing detonating cord, detonator-sensitive emulsions, cast boosters, high-explosive emulsions, and non-electric detonators.
For more information about the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at. www.dol.gov/ofccp